breaking: nintendo shits out yet another zelda """remake"""

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, October 13, 2015, 06:54:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Will Zelda U ever actually come to Wii U?

Yes, exclusively
1 (10%)
Yes, but it will be a watered-down port of the superior NX version
5 (50%)
No, it will be an NX exclusive
4 (40%)
It will never see the light of day on any platform
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

in a desperate attempt to distract from the painfully conspicuous absence of the highly anticipated zelda u, new rumours suggest that japanese gaming midget nintendo is scrambling to placate its ever-increasingly restless (and ever-increasingly regretful) fans with yet another tired, low-effort zelda """remake""", this time of 2006 gamecube/wii title twilight princess:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/zelda-twilight-princess-hd-rumored-remaster-wii-u-hinted-eshop-listing-481792
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/654088615165755393?s=09

experts have taken this move as a tacit admission of a complete failure to deliver on nintendo's part, a woefully inadequate apology for the criminally deceitful tactics the company continues to use as an excuse to silently shift the development of zelda u from the ailing wii u over to its recently announced nx platform

stay tuned for more details

ME##

The Wii U is best forgotten about, Nintendo would be wise to admit this.  That's not to say that Zelda NX will be all that good anyway with Nintendon't's lacklustre titles as of late

bluaki

It seems odd to me that this wouldn't have already been announced months ago, like how Wind Waker HD was present at an E3 almost half a year before it released. I kinda get the impression this will be rushed out in reaction to Star Fox Zero's delay and the realization that Wii U has literally no games (Amiibo festival and the ultra-niche Xenoblade notwithstanding) releasing this holiday season. After all, TPHD is much easier/faster/cheaper to push out than a fully new game, but the main Zelda series is so popular that it's bound to sell better than most of Nintendo's fully new games.

But I hope this doesn't seem rushed. I'd actually enjoy getting a legitimate remake of Twilight Princess with new features, retouched details, remastered music, improved models+textures, a non-mirrored world, no game-breaking/save-killing bugs, and decent lighting/effects (please no more bloom).

I guess there's not quite any confirmation this is coming out by the end of 2015, but given the nature of the leak and the state of the Wii U, I'd be surprised if it isn't.

Nintendo's putting off their next Nintendo Direct for way too long. They really need to have one this month, announcing TPHD alongside stuff like mobile games, amiibo details, AC:AmiiboFestival details, the new ClubNintendo successor rewards program, Xenoblade localization videos, Star Fox, and more.

don't let's

I'll accept TP hd port but not a no new Zelda

Thyme

ME##

I assume why it's TP is because that one already has a layout for a regular controller ifeelbetter;

TooB

Quote from: David on October 14, 2015, 11:58:08 AM
I assume why it's TP is because that one already has a layout for a regular controller ifeelbetter;
besides, skyward sword is already playable on wii u

Thyme

ME##

Quote from: Jojo on October 14, 2015, 12:11:47 PM
wouldn't that hold true for tp then too befuddlement

Commander Fuckass

Also tec the real word you should have chosen is Remaster

Because it's not a remake.
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

TooB

Quote from: David on October 14, 2015, 03:38:32 PM
yes. which is kinda my point
Quote from: Thyme on October 14, 2015, 03:03:24 PM
but an actual wii copy isn't affordable gonk;
really? I know it's still probably $50 right? It's not UNafforable...
just still full price.

OR, did it rise in price for some reason?

ME##

Quote from: Jojo on October 14, 2015, 04:15:06 PM
Quote from: David on October 14, 2015, 03:38:32 PM
yes. which is kinda my point
Quote from: Thyme on October 14, 2015, 03:03:24 PM
but an actual wii copy isn't affordable gonk;
really? I know it's still probably $50 right? It's not UNafforable...
just still full price.

OR, did it rise in price for some reason?
in canada $50 us is roughly $250

Thyme

on amazon.ca it was $65 last i saw
which is low compared to how much it was a few months ago ($80 wtf)
and which is high compared to what it should be tbh

6M69I69B9

Quote from: bluaki on October 13, 2015, 09:08:22 PM
It seems odd to me that this wouldn't have already been announced months ago, like how Wind Waker HD was present at an E3 almost half a year before it released. I kinda get the impression this will be rushed out in reaction to Star Fox Zero's delay and the realization that Wii U has literally no games (Amiibo festival and the ultra-niche Xenoblade notwithstanding) releasing this holiday season. After all, TPHD is much easier/faster/cheaper to push out than a fully new game, but the main Zelda series is so popular that it's bound to sell better than most of Nintendo's fully new games.

But I hope this doesn't seem rushed. I'd actually enjoy getting a legitimate remake of Twilight Princess with new features, retouched details, remastered music, improved models+textures, a non-mirrored world, no game-breaking/save-killing bugs, and decent lighting/effects (please no more bloom).

I guess there's not quite any confirmation this is coming out by the end of 2015, but given the nature of the leak and the state of the Wii U, I'd be surprised if it isn't.

Nintendo's putting off their next Nintendo Direct for way too long. They really need to have one this month, announcing TPHD alongside stuff like mobile games, amiibo details, AC:AmiiboFestival details, the new ClubNintendo successor rewards program, Xenoblade localization videos, Star Fox, and more.
wasnt their last direct after summer 2014 was in nov 2014?  or
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Go Up