breaking: nintendo shits out yet another zelda """remake"""

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, October 13, 2015, 06:54:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Will Zelda U ever actually come to Wii U?

Yes, exclusively
1 (10%)
Yes, but it will be a watered-down port of the superior NX version
5 (50%)
No, it will be an NX exclusive
4 (40%)
It will never see the light of day on any platform
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Go Down

Snowy

Quote from: the MIB the on October 14, 2015, 05:04:48 PM
Quote from: bluaki on October 13, 2015, 09:08:22 PM
It seems odd to me that this wouldn't have already been announced months ago, like how Wind Waker HD was present at an E3 almost half a year before it released. I kinda get the impression this will be rushed out in reaction to Star Fox Zero's delay and the realization that Wii U has literally no games (Amiibo festival and the ultra-niche Xenoblade notwithstanding) releasing this holiday season. After all, TPHD is much easier/faster/cheaper to push out than a fully new game, but the main Zelda series is so popular that it's bound to sell better than most of Nintendo's fully new games.

But I hope this doesn't seem rushed. I'd actually enjoy getting a legitimate remake of Twilight Princess with new features, retouched details, remastered music, improved models+textures, a non-mirrored world, no game-breaking/save-killing bugs, and decent lighting/effects (please no more bloom).

I guess there's not quite any confirmation this is coming out by the end of 2015, but given the nature of the leak and the state of the Wii U, I'd be surprised if it isn't.

Nintendo's putting off their next Nintendo Direct for way too long. They really need to have one this month, announcing TPHD alongside stuff like mobile games, amiibo details, AC:AmiiboFestival details, the new ClubNintendo successor rewards program, Xenoblade localization videos, Star Fox, and more.
wasnt their last direct after summer 2014 was in nov 2014?  or
last direct I remember was the one where they gave us Roy and Ryu.

bluaki

Quote from: the MIB the on October 14, 2015, 05:04:48 PM
wasnt their last direct after summer 2014 was in nov 2014?  or
August 2014: Hyrule Warriors
September 2014: Bayonetta
October 2014: SSBU
November 2014: General Nintendo Direct
January 2015: General Nintendo Direct
April 2015 (early): General Nintendo Direct
April 2015 (late): Xenoblade
May 2015: Splatoon
June 2015: E3

Hiro

an HD port of the GameCube version without all the fucking bloom might be nice if it's cheap enough

Kalahari Inkantation

But I hope this doesn't seem rushed. I'd actually enjoy getting a legitimate remake of Twilight Princess with new features, retouched details, remastered music, improved models+textures, a non-mirrored world, no game-breaking/save-killing bugs, and decent lighting/effects (please no more bloom).

i think this would be wonderful

i would so love to see a truly remastered tp, perfected with refined gameplay, greatly improved (deuglified) graphics and audio, meaningful new content and quality-of-life enhancements and a link that's actually left-handed as was intended

but unfortunately with nintendo it's absolutely necessary to keep one's expectations as low as humanly possible, especially with recent """remakes""" which tend to have the bare minimum amount of effort and a few basic, obvious gameplay bandaids put into them

I guess there's not quite any confirmation this is coming out by the end of 2015, but given the nature of the leak and the state of the Wii U, I'd be surprised if it isn't.

and especially if it actually is due to come out by the end of this year, i most certainly would not expect anything other than an upscaled tp with a few minor tweaks but which remains 99.9% identical to the original

even if it's scheduled for 2016 i'd be very (pleasantly) surprised if it were more than that

i mean they claim the 3ds port of mm took them years and yet what exactly does that version of the game have to show for it awdood;

the whole purpose of these hd ports is to be quick, cheap, easy means of keeping fan attention and getting a nice cash injection, nintendo of all companies wouldn't be willing to expend the sort of time/money/effort on a tp rerelease that would be necessary to properly modernize and 'remake' it

Kalahari Inkantation

any twilight princess """remaster""" visually inferior to this would be a complete waste of time

[spoiler][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTkCIJGTe_U[/youtube][/spoiler]

what's sad is that there are some zelda """fans""" who legitimately expect it to look like this awdood;

Kalahari Inkantation

confirmed

complete with tacked-on, extortionistic amiibo™ """features""" and not a single graphical update (or any other attempt to modernize it) aside from the resolution bump !! 5thgrade;

bluaki

TPHD got a trailer in today's Nintendo Direct

Releasing March 4, 2016
Unsurprisingly, there are no new models; we're still getting the old Gamecube ones.
It's getting an amiibo: Wolf Link

in other Zelda news, "Linkle" is confirmed as a playable character in Hyrule Warriors 3D, as basically a female Link. And Nintendo still insists the next Zelda game is releasing in 2016 for Wii U.

Kalahari Inkantation

zelda """fans""" are the most unimaginative sacks of toxic waste on the face of the earth

i don't mind the introduction of a female counterpart of link, but "linkle"??? really??? i couldn't come up with a more lazy, uninspired name if i tried

and nintendo of course gives them positive feedback by canonizing such idiocy, just like that inexcusably stupid """timeline""" which yes i'm still extremely bitter about

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on November 12, 2015, 03:10:52 PM
zelda """fans""" are the most unimaginative sacks of toxic waste on the face of the earth

i don't mind the introduction of a female counterpart of link, but "linkle"??? really??? i couldn't come up with a more lazy, uninspired name if i tried

and nintendo of course gives them positive feedback by canonizing such idiocy, just like that inexcusably stupid """timeline""" which yes i'm still extremely bitter about
agreed. 

it's unfortunate that any new zelda either has to be either:

oot, just straight up oot because it's the best game ever :)-nsider circa 2004
alttp
begrudgingly ww because 'it's okay.... i gues..........' [when in reality it's the best zelda made hands down]

when will the series actually be allowed to evolve?  also if they want a female protagonist... why not just make a a game in which zelda is the principal player character?

[spoiler]in before the vomit inducing LOL SHE ACTUALLY BECOMES A MAN WHEN SHE'S SHEIK nonsense pops up[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: … on October 13, 2015, 10:45:45 PM
I'll accept TP hd post but not a no new Zelda

i'm going to cackle wildly when tp hd inevitably gets delayed into the holidays, then reintroduced as a dual release for both wii u and nx, mirroring the circumstances of original release exactly lol

TooB

Quote from: David on November 12, 2015, 03:21:00 PM

agreed. 

alttp
begrudgingly ww because 'it's okay.... i gues..........' [when in reality it's the best zelda made hands down]

when will the series actually be allowed to evolve?  also if they want a female protagonist... why not just make a a game in which zelda is the principal player character?

[spoiler]in before the vomit inducing LOL SHE ACTUALLY BECOMES A MAN WHEN SHE'S SHEIK nonsense pops up[/spoiler]
zelda in a starring role? *Cough* zeldas adventure and wand of gamelon... *cough*

ME##

Quote from: Jojo on November 12, 2015, 04:13:43 PM
Quote from: David on November 12, 2015, 03:21:00 PM

agreed. 

alttp

zelda in a starring role? *Cough* zeldas adventure and wand of gamelon... *cough*

Go Up