July 05, 2024, 08:08:18 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Overall, were you satisfied with the Wii?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, September 20, 2011, 10:53:23 AM

previous topic - next topic

myface;

Yes
5 (41.7%)
No
7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Go Down

me003

Quote from: Reisen on October 11, 2011, 04:18:54 AM
why wouldn't we? it's a genuinely great game.
B/C it didn't interest me at all when I watched my cousin play it.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Kalahari Inkantation

i can't help but wonder why the naysayers weren't satisfied with the wii :|

Wrench

Quote from: Methree on October 11, 2011, 01:43:46 AM
You guys liked Kirby's epic yarn?

And I liked the Wario Ware games I didn't see those mentioned.

Epic Yarn was excellent. I got hooked on it and beat it within days of owning it.

Geno

It's the worst console this generation. While it has amazing games, there are only a few of them. The 360 and PS3 both have a large library of really good games, but Nintendo decided to appeal to the casual gaming audience for the Wii and focused mainly on party titles.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

snoorkel

I definitely wasn't satisfied with the Wii, my earliest encounter with it was trying to play Twilight Princess. I thought, "wtf this is retarded" and played it on GameCube instead. Maybe I just didn't try hard enough but I don't understand how you can be quick and tactile enough with the wiimote to make playing a real game work... and I feel as a result of that most wii games are 'dumbed down', since they're made with the motion sensing aspect in mind. and that ain't true to vidya games in my mind

Same sentiments as everyone else as to the launch titles and popular games, they're all gimmicky party games and not even much fun imo (just want to add that I fucking hate mario party).

also it's pretty useless as a media device, maybe the classic game market is kind of cool but everything else they tried to integrate has no appeal to me at all because it's done so poorly. I get why nintendo made the whole 'wii' idea what it is but I wish they'd get back to their roots and make some real games, all this simulation shit isn't interesting to me.

Quote from: Tectrika on October 11, 2011, 03:20:52 PM
i can't help but wonder why the naysayers weren't satisfied with the wii :|

because I like buying game consoles to enjoy some quality gaming and my idea of quality gaming isn't waving my arms at the screen to control some quirky motion sensor integrated gameplay (wiimote is also stupidly unusable as a traditional controller, even with any of the attachments, which also are retarded). I want some menu-driven rpg action I can control with my thumbs, and I definitely don't want to move while I'm enjoying my vidyas  doodthing;

overall I'm not much for console gaming in this new and foreign generation anyway. keyboard n mouse is about all I'll put up with anymore.

Kalahari Inkantation

Nyerp

Quote from: Geno on October 12, 2011, 12:58:12 AM
but Nintendo decided to appeal to the casual gaming audience for the Wii and focused mainly on party titles.

nintendo themselves released about as many party games for the wii as they did for the gamecube goonish

Quote from: Tectrika on October 12, 2011, 03:14:27 AM
elaborate :|

seriously goonish

oh god i'm not even touching that wall of ignorance snorkel posted

Hiro

Quote from: Sakamoto on October 12, 2011, 08:32:19 AM
nintendo themselves released about as many party games for the wii as they did for the gamecube goonish

seriously goonish

oh god i'm not even touching that wall of ignorance snorkel posted
I don't think he meant mario party or "Party" series, I think he also meant games like Wii Play and Wii Music and then all the 3rd parties made awful shit like carnival games

I love my Wii but don't even try to deny that Nintendo was clearly going for a casual audience for the most part.

And Geno I wouldn't say the Wii is the worst system this gen because really I don't even like to compare it to the 360 and PS3, I feel like they're their own separate categories in some way.

Quote from: Tectrika on October 12, 2011, 03:14:27 AM
elaborate :|
uh the 360 does have a very large library full of good games. Many are also on PS3 yes, but there's still plenty of good 360 games.

Nyerp

Quote from: Hiro on October 12, 2011, 08:50:41 AM
I don't think he meant mario party or "Party" series, I think he also meant games like Wii Play and Wii Music and then all the 3rd parties made awful shit like carnival games

yes, even including those, nintendo themselves released about as many party games for the wii as they did for the gamecube

and we're not talking about third party titles here because nintendo had nothing to do with them???!??!?!

Kalahari Inkantation

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectrika on October 12, 2011, 09:00:05 AM
non-exclusives don't count

not everyone has a ps3. what if someone has a wii and a 360? in that case, those non-exclusive 360 games suddenly become exclusive, because they don't have a ps3. and those games sure as fuck aren't on the wii.

Samus Aran

btw that wasn't an argument against the wii, i'm just saying that "non-exclusives don't count" isn't really applicable to a lot of real-world cases because not many people bought all three consoles

Nyerp

that still doesn't magically give the 360 more exclusives psyduck;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Sakamoto on October 12, 2011, 09:55:34 AM
that still doesn't magically give the 360 more exclusives psyduck;

um i didn't say it did, i'm just saying that non-exclusives isn't always an argument AGAINST owning a console or finding satisfaction in it

i thought that was pretty clear from my posts but whatever

YPrrrr

Basically, the PS3/360 share a ton of great games that are nowhere to be found on Wii and therefore Wii sucks.

Especially because of its internet :|

Go Up