July 05, 2024, 09:05:51 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Overall, were you satisfied with the Wii?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, September 20, 2011, 10:53:23 AM

previous topic - next topic

myface;

Yes
5 (41.7%)
No
7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Go Down

FAMY2

Hiro

Dem shields

Dat slingshot

dat whip? befuddlement

[spoiler]

lmao what[/spoiler]

silvertone

Nyerp

snoorkel

it looks fucking lame compared to every other zelda game not counting the other retarded recent ones  doodhuh;

Hiro

Quote from: vziard on October 14, 2011, 06:45:05 PM
it looks fucking lame compared to every other zelda game not counting the other retarded recent ones  doodhuh;
explain how it looks lame and which recent zeldas are retarded baddood;

Thyme

Quote from: vziard on October 14, 2011, 06:45:05 PM

As someone who's obviously not a Wii fanboy and actually not that much of a Zelda fanboy, I am still greatly opposed to this post. hocuspocus;

snoorkel

I'm not quite sure how to explain how I feel about it... Twilight Princess was already a little bit of the 'meh', but still the last in the line of cool Zelda games to me (everything afterward has been shit).

This just looks underdone, underdeveloped or something. Every piece of graphics don't have the sharp edge that the best Zelda games have had (think about OoT, yes the quality of graphics was comparatively poor, but it had a style). The style of this just looks like Windows Vista or something. It's generic. The Wii is generic. Zelda is becoming generic. FUCK THE PHONIES

silvertone

Nyerp

Thyme

Quote from: Sakamoto on October 14, 2011, 06:58:06 PM
wait isnt this the wrong thred

eh, the "right" thread was originally supposed to be about E3 sillydood;

Hiro

Quote from: vziard on October 14, 2011, 06:56:02 PM
I'm not quite sure how to explain how I feel about it... Twilight Princess was already a little bit of the 'meh', but still the last in the line of cool Zelda games to me (everything afterward has been shit).

This just looks underdone, underdeveloped or something. Every piece of graphics don't have the sharp edge that the best Zelda games have had (think about OoT, yes the quality of graphics was comparatively poor, but it had a style). The style of this just looks like Windows Vista or something. It's generic. The Wii is generic. Zelda is becoming generic. FUCK THE PHONIES

Okay I get that TP was meh.
I think you're just seeing the jaggies all over these screenshots, but the game looks much better in motion. It definitely does have a style to it actually, it's full of pastels and kind of a watercolor look. And it's certainly not underdeveloped, they've been making this game for well over 4 years and they've put a huge about of money and people into the project. Nintendo has said it's the biggest game they've ever worked on. Miyamoto even threatened them that if this wasn't the best Zelda ever they might consider no more Zelda games for a little while.

The Wii is full of bland games made by companies to make a quick buck, but how is the Wii itself generic?

Quote from: Sakamoto on October 14, 2011, 06:58:06 PM
wait isnt this the wrong thred
yeah i just realized that too girl;

Samus Aran

really liking how we're already seeing four different shields. one thing i always thought would be cool to add to zelda is more variety for swords, shields, tunics, etc. to pick and choose your own combination for whatever situation you find yourself in, or just personal taste.

sort of like how in 3ddgh you can collect quite a lot of different swords to choose from

even if there are only those four shields, it's pretty cool that there's even more than two. i hope they don't replace each other, and that you can switch between them freely.

YPrrrr

Go Up