July 05, 2024, 09:06:48 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Overall, were you satisfied with the Wii?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, September 20, 2011, 10:53:23 AM

previous topic - next topic

myface;

Yes
5 (41.7%)
No
7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Go Down

Hiro

Quote from: Reisen on October 14, 2011, 07:08:17 PM
really liking how we're already seeing four different shields. one thing i always thought would be cool to add to zelda is more variety for swords, shields, tunics, etc. to pick and choose your own combination for whatever situation you find yourself in, or just personal taste.

sort of like how in 3ddgh you can collect quite a lot of different swords to choose from

even if there are only those four shields, it's pretty cool that there's even more than two. i hope they don't replace each other, and that you can switch between them freely.
from my understanding you can switch between them at will, and there should be more than just these 4. you also have to repair them, as i mentioned earlier. it seems like there's only 2 swords in this game, but it also looks like you can use enemies' weapons like in wind waker, which i always liked.
but other zelda games have more than 2 shields, oot has 3 and so do a few others. still, i agree.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hiro on October 14, 2011, 07:18:17 PM
from my understanding you can switch between them at will, and there should be more than just these 4. you also have to repair them, as i mentioned earlier. it seems like there's only 2 swords in this game, but it also looks like you can use enemies' weapons like in wind waker, which i always liked.
but other zelda games have more than 2 shields, oot has 3 and so do a few others. still, i agree.

in oot, the mirror shield replaces the hylian shield once you get it. you can't switch back.

same goes for the mirror shield in majora, the mirror shield in alttp (and in this game the red shield is totally optional and even a bit hard to find), and so on

so yeah there are other zeldas with more than two shields, but unfortunately they replace each other.

on a random note, oot's mirror shield was really sexy.

Thyme

Quote from: Yip Yipper on October 14, 2011, 07:16:44 PM
As which guy now?

I just see zelda vids huhdoodame;

the 7-foot tall fag in the video right before my post

silvertone

Quote from: Reisen on October 14, 2011, 07:22:52 PM
in oot, the mirror shield replaces the hylian shield once you get it. you can't switch back.

same goes for the mirror shield in majora, the mirror shield in alttp (and in this game the red shield is totally optional and even a bit hard to find), and so on

so yeah there are other zeldas with more than two shields, but unfortunately they replace each other.

on a random note, oot's mirror shield was really sexy.

i thought you could switch in oot, but not wind waker

snoorkel

Quote from: Hiro on October 14, 2011, 07:07:23 PM
Okay I get that TP was meh.
I think you're just seeing the jaggies all over these screenshots, but the game looks much better in motion. It definitely does have a style to it actually, it's full of pastels and kind of a watercolor look. And it's certainly not underdeveloped, they've been making this game for well over 4 years and they've put a huge about of money and people into the project. Nintendo has said it's the biggest game they've ever worked on. Miyamoto even threatened them that if this wasn't the best Zelda ever they might consider no more Zelda games for a little while.

The Wii is full of bland games made by companies to make a quick buck, but how is the Wii itself generic?
yeah i just realized that too girl;

I took as given that the screenshots would misrepresent it a little, I've been following the game to a small extent though. it still doesn't really impress me. Hell some of the Harry Potter movies were the most expensive ever made, nintendo can throw everything they have at it but I'm not sure their creative power is much compared to what it used to be.

I don't really blame Nintendo for falling short with the Wii. it's a sad fact that it's getting harder and harder to be successful in entertainment/media without bland appeal to the masses, just look at popular movies from the past decade... the wii is generic in terms of its appeal to people, it was designed like an apple product (BLAME APPLE). good looks, easy to use for newcomers and some 'revolutionary' gimmicks. nintendo talks up their goal of reinventing how video games are played, but what they're saying is they can't compete with other entertainment companies who have found ways to market video games to the masses without really making real video games.  

not saying it won't be fun, it'll just be fun like super mario galaxy is fun compared to super mario 64.

Nyerp

Quote from: vziard on October 14, 2011, 07:26:59 PM
not saying it won't be fun, it'll just be fun like super mario galaxy is fun compared to super mario 64.

so it'll be even more fun and nothing to complain about???????????????????????????? confuseddood; confuseddood; confuseddood; confuseddood;

snoorkel

Quote from: Sakamoto on October 14, 2011, 07:29:03 PM
so it'll be even more fun and nothing to complain about???????????????????????????? confuseddood; confuseddood; confuseddood; confuseddood;

I am only sad for what could have been

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Hiro on October 14, 2011, 07:18:17 PM
but it also looks like you can use enemies' weapons like in wind waker, which i always liked.

WHAT REALLY AWESOME

Nyerp

silvertone

Quote from: Sakamoto on October 14, 2011, 07:34:30 PM
look at the first picture hiro posted
link holding the goron sword. i dont get it.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Thyme on October 14, 2011, 07:23:27 PM
the 7-foot tall fag in the video right before my post
Am I that two dimensional awdood;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: vziard on October 14, 2011, 07:26:59 PM

i hope you're right because the galaxy games outdo 64 in every way imaginable goowan

Thyme

Quote from: Yip Yipper on October 14, 2011, 07:35:42 PM
Am I that two dimensional awdood;

one could even say one dimensional since your Y-axis overshadows your X-axis so much sillydood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: silvertone on October 14, 2011, 07:25:33 PM
i thought you could switch in oot, but not wind waker

you can only switch shields as a child in oot, but the hylian shield is nearly useless except for when scaling death mountain, because you can't actually hold it like a shield

as an adult you can only use the hylian shield, or the mirror shield which then replaces the hylian

snoorkel

Quote from: Tectrika on October 14, 2011, 07:37:37 PM
i hope you're right because the galaxy games outdo 64 in every way imaginable goowan

am I the only one who prefers old games  saddood;

Go Up