July 03, 2024, 12:32:54 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Overall, were you satisfied with the Wii?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, September 20, 2011, 10:53:23 AM

previous topic - next topic

myface;

Yes
5 (41.7%)
No
7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Go Down

Nyerp

Quote from: vziard on October 14, 2011, 07:51:07 PM
am I the only one who prefers old games  saddood;

"my nostalgia prevents me from enjoying great new games i am buttmad" - u

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: vziard on October 14, 2011, 07:51:07 PM
am I the only one who prefers old games  saddood;

no, there are definitely some older games i prefer to their newer counterparts

But exactly what about 64 makes it better than the Galaxy games? befuddlement

snoorkel

October 14, 2011, 08:11:46 PM #182 Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 08:27:10 PM by vziard
Quote from: Sakamoto on October 14, 2011, 07:53:22 PM
"my nostalgia prevents me from enjoying great new games i am buttmad" - u

it's not nostalgia, I just like the mechanics of older games more. It feels like you're actually immersed in something instead of prodding a cartoon character along a little path, not even moving them forward, just steering them side to side as they move themselves forward.

Quote from: Tectrika on October 14, 2011, 07:53:38 PM
no, there are definitely some older games i prefer to their newer counterparts

But exactly what about 64 makes it better than the Galaxy games? befuddlement

i'm just saying I liked playing it more. it felt more like exploring a cohesive world, which I guess is what I like in games. the quirkiness of wii gameplay seems to have led developers away from that aspect of games.

Hiro

I sort of agree with snorkel about 64 vs Galaxy. I don't know why, because although Galaxy is great it just wasn't particularly fresh, I don't find any levels particularly memorable, etc. Plus 64 was a whole world you could explore, while Galaxy really was a lot more linear.

FAMY2

Quote from: Hiro on October 14, 2011, 07:07:23 PM
Okay I get that TP was meh.
I think you're just seeing the jaggies all over these screenshots, but the game looks much better in motion. It definitely does have a style to it actually, it's full of pastels and kind of a watercolor look. And it's certainly not underdeveloped, they've been making this game for well over 4 years and they've put a huge about of money and people into the project. Nintendo has said it's the biggest game they've ever worked on. Miyamoto even threatened them that if this wasn't the best Zelda ever they might consider no more Zelda games for a little while.

The Wii is full of bland games made by companies to make a quick buck, but how is the Wii itself generic?
yeah i just realized that too girl;

Just because they spend oddles of time and money on a project doesn't make it the best ever. Look at AMD. Miyamoto needs better incentive for his crew. It already takes forever for a new Zelda game to come out. Mario Galaxy games are great and it didn't take that long to create. STOP PUNISHING US FOR THEIR LACK OF CREATIVITY. One of the reasons I am starting to dislike Nintendo is thier attitude towards the gamers who made them who they are.

At the table the other night we were trying to figure out why we were disappointed in Zelda. One of the things we came up with was they lack the feel of the older games. Some things are too predictable and the same old same old. The adventure part of the game seems stale and not as exciting. The feel is different. Which leads to a feeling of disappointment considering the amount of time and money spent. A new method of getting around helps but it seems to just replace an older method. BRING BACK THE EXCITEMENT. 

imo of course.

Quote from: vziard on October 14, 2011, 08:11:46 PM
it's not nostalgia, I just like the mechanics of older games more. It feels like you're actually immersed in something instead of prodding a cartoon character along a little path, not even moving them forward, just steering them side to side as they move themselves forward.

i'm just saying I liked playing it more. it felt more like exploring a cohesive world, which I guess is what I like in games. the quirkiness of wii gameplay seems to have led developers away from that aspect of games.

Yes yes yes. This.   lubdoods;

Nyerp

blah blah blah games aren't as exciting to me as they were when i was 7 years old blah

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler]the linearity of the galaxy games is part of what makes them better than their predecessors (((imo)))[/spoiler]

Hiro

Quote from: FAMY2 on October 15, 2011, 07:28:24 AM
Just because they spend oddles of time and money on a project doesn't make it the best ever. Look at AMD. Miyamoto needs better incentive for his crew. It already takes forever for a new Zelda game to come out. Mario Galaxy games are great and it didn't take that long to create. STOP PUNISHING US FOR THEIR LACK OF CREATIVITY. One of the reasons I am starting to dislike Nintendo is thier attitude towards the gamers who made them who they are.

At the table the other night we were trying to figure out why we were disappointed in Zelda. One of the things we came up with was they lack the feel of the older games. Some things are too predictable and the same old same old. The adventure part of the game seems stale and not as exciting. The feel is different. Which leads to a feeling of disappointment considering the amount of time and money spent. A new method of getting around helps but it seems to just replace an older method. BRING BACK THE EXCITEMENT. 

imo of course.

Yes yes yes. This.   lubdoods;
I never said that the money makes it the best ever, learn how to read goonish
I'm also pretty sure Miyamoto is only a consultant on the game, the team isn't his. But still, threatening to stop Zelda for a while is pretty good incentive to make a good game, it's not really a punishment for us if we decide we don't like what they make anymore and they move onto something we do like.
I get what you mean though, and it really just boils down to the Zelda games getting stale. They haven't introduced much new to the series in a very long time, and there just isn't much interesting and new to be excited about. That said, it looks like they're actually trying to bring some cool changes with this game, while combining all the things we liked about previous games.
And it is a little bit nostalgia. The games are better, but part of the reason is because of the impact they made at thte time vs the nonexistent impact zelda games have made recently.

FAMY2

Quote from: Hiro on October 16, 2011, 11:51:15 PM
I never said that the money makes it the best ever, learn how to read goonish
I'm also pretty sure Miyamoto is only a consultant on the game, the team isn't his. But still, threatening to stop Zelda for a while is pretty good incentive to make a good game, it's not really a punishment for us if we decide we don't like what they make anymore and they move onto something we do like.
I get what you mean though, and it really just boils down to the Zelda games getting stale. They haven't introduced much new to the series in a very long time, and there just isn't much interesting and new to be excited about. That said, it looks like they're actually trying to bring some cool changes with this game, while combining all the things we liked about previous games.
And it is a little bit nostalgia. The games are better, but part of the reason is because of the impact they made at thte time vs the nonexistent impact zelda games have made recently.

I should of said Zelda team. The team working on it. What ever, I'm not good explaining things.
Maybe Miyamoto needs to be more involved to put back in some of the old feeling. I agree the games are graphically better and even some of the game play is awesome. But I miss the reason why I loved Zelda to start with. I still loved the Mario games and think they have evolved in a way that doesn't disappoint. I wish Zelda was the same.

Five years is too long to wait for a new game. imo The time I talked to someone from Nintendo about it they said, "We don't want to just pump out games for the sake of having games out there. We are going for quality".   EXCUSE ME?

Daddy

Nyerp

Geno

Quote from: Sakamoto on October 17, 2011, 09:28:51 PM
do you even play video games
I see JMV on Xbox live all the time.

But we still never play together :(
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Go Up