October 07, 2024, 03:24:10 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

i'm desensitized yay

Started by ??????, December 02, 2009, 03:38:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

ppqu's and slim's boring posts raped me

Slim

Quote from: Nyerp on December 06, 2009, 03:28:04 AM
ppqu's and slim's boring posts raped me

and by that do you mean that you were groped by them against your will or forcibly penetrated?

choose wisely
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

Socks

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on December 06, 2009, 02:45:20 AM
lying, dear. And call me deluded or stupid, but don't say I'm lying to myself.

it would be better if you were lying to yourself. because on this you're clearly deluded and that's causing you to be stupid. which is a lot worse.

wawi

This is a dumb argument  doodhuh; lol

Nyerp

Quote from: Slim on December 06, 2009, 03:30:40 AM
and by that do you mean that you were groped by them against your will or forcibly penetrated?

choose wisely

i was groped and penetrated on the inside

i was graped

Slim

Quote from: WILD4WII1 on December 06, 2009, 03:37:00 AM
This is a dumb argument  doodhuh; lol

YEAH A DUMB ARGUMENT THAT I WON LOL

Quote from: Nyerp on December 06, 2009, 03:38:40 AMi was groped and penetrated on the inside

i was graped

no you can only choose one you fat fuck

go be fat in some other thread
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

wawi

Quote from: Slim on December 06, 2009, 03:40:08 AM
YEAH A DUMB ARGUMENT THAT I WON LOL

I know, the counterargument doesn't make any sense

Nyerp

Quote from: Slim on December 06, 2009, 03:40:08 AM
no you can only choose one you fat fuck

go be fat in some other thread

i can suffocate you with my enormous amounts of globby fat

but it's not rape because you will like it

Slim

Quote from: Nyerp on December 06, 2009, 03:46:17 AM
i can suffocate you with my enormous amounts of globby fat

but it's not rape because you will like it

wait, you're going to suffocate me? it'll be difficult to do that while you're choking to death on my gigantic dick that's lodged all the way down into your trachea, motherfucker.

and i won't care whether you like it or not.

Nyerp

Quote from: Slim on December 06, 2009, 03:52:14 AM
wait, you're going to suffocate me? it'll be difficult to do that while you're choking to death on my gigantic dick that's lodged all the way down into your trachea, motherfucker.

and i won't care whether you like it or not.

oh, i will giggle;

in the meantime, i will be shoving various corndogs down my tubes while in wait for this glorious event

sometimes, just sometimes, i like to close my eyes and imagine it's your magnificent rod gouging my insides :)

FAMY2

But he raped me in his mind. I know it. So would fondling still be rape?

the shortest route to the sea

QuoteThe legal definition is legally legitimate, by definition.

That's absolutely worthless for outside of the court. Again: if I stab you, you don't give a fuck whether it's "assault and battery with a deadly weapon" or "attempted homocide"; you care because you're stabbed. The legalese is useless bullshit!

QuoteSure, you may adamantly believe that it's rape in some abstract sense that transcends the legal definition, but don't expect me or anyone else to take your view seriously.

It's you who are pulling out a fake "everyone" and can draw any defense from words inscribed in a dictionary and replicated by tradition, whereas I've actually read and listened to people and thought about rape culture as someone who is high risk of being involved in .

QuoteAnd by the way, sex still must be penetrative as far as I'm concerned. The only exception is oral sex, and even that's iffy (edit: actually, now that I think of it, even that's penetrative, so there are no exceptions). All this doesn't matter, though, since groping is the only thing we're talking about here, and groping sure as hell ain't sex.

I know it has nothing to do with sex; I set up the example that way on purpose. Rape is sexually connotative, according to you. What's stopping me from emulating your independent spirit and coming up with a new definition altogether?

We have large cultural difference approaching this. I see sex as wider than just basic penetration. But there's not much to argue there.

For the tenth time, it's not mine alone. Please understand at least that.

QuoteMaybe 'rape' is the act of annoying someone--who's to say? Yeah, that sounds good. Maybe you're 'raping' me right now. Why is this definition any less legitimate than yours? If the legal definition holds no weight and can be ignored at will, why don't we all just come up with any subjective definition that we damn well feel like using, just as you've done? It is fluid, after all, so let it flow wherever I want it to flow, I say.

So what? Let's say that I'm asserting that 'rape' doesn't have to be sexual. Prove me wrong.

You haven't been raised in a sexualized culture with a double-standard of sexuality so ingrained for the male and female that you can be pushed up against the wall and kissed against your will, be fondled or groped, be forced to suck or lick, or having those most vital parts in, and be encouraged to keep silent; but that's irrelevant. Far more relevant is that you haven't even tried to listen to the men and women who have been sexually assaulted (assuming that as an umbrella term) talk about what the word rape means to them. You haven't even tried to find a connotation that is relevant to the experiences of any man or woman who has this as part of their daily reality. It's nice to talk about the definition of rape in a world far away from it. I'm not saying that there's a consensus among the victims; far from it. There is a spectrum of responses, ranging from the most trivial, the most denotative and literalst (like you), and the most liberal. You don't have to accept whatever spectrum of possible definitions come out of that part; but to claim as firm a position on it without listening to them, trying to convince someone who is trying their best to listen, is just blindness. You owe openness then you're giving here.

Quotea.) Nonconsensual sexual activity is a violation of one's personal sanctity that causes extreme emotional harm
b.) Rape is a violation of one's personal sanctity that causes extreme emotional harm
c.) Therefore, all nonconsensual sexual activity is rape

But you are a good listener to what is in front of you. I respect you for that, this is more or less what I'm talking about.

QuoteI think that the second premise is false in the sense that rape has a much more narrow, specific definition that must include insertion (and my view just so happens to coincide with the legal definition--lucky me). You may think otherwise, but I don't really care, quite frankly. Since your definition deviates so widely from the legal one that's commonly used, I see no reason to take it seriously. You can argue all you want that your eccentric view is more 'right,' but anyone could do the same thing with their own competing definition without either of you being definitively 'right,' which is why the legal definition is the only one that should ever be taken seriously in a discussion like this, regardless of how unsatisfactory you may find it.

Lucky you, yeah. You're correct in that you're opinion is fine for you, and does conveniently line up for you. But you're dead wrong that the one I use is worthless.

And denotatively, for every dictionary source you find calling rape penetration, I can find one from a legitimate source calling rape more general than penetration.

Quote from: Socks on December 06, 2009, 03:36:34 AM
it would be better if you were lying to yourself. because on this you're clearly deluded and that's causing you to be stupid. which is a lot worse.

Love you too, socks.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Socks

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on December 06, 2009, 05:35:39 AM
Love you too, socks.

woah woah woah, i feel violated, wait a second... i was just raped!
[spoiler] cjlubdoods;[/spoiler]

?????

You haven't been raised in a sexualized culture with a double-standard of sexuality so ingrained for the male and female that you can be pushed up against the wall and kissed against your will, be fondled or groped, be forced to suck or lick, or having those most vital parts in, and be encouraged to keep silent; but that's irrelevant. Far more relevant is that you haven't even tried to listen to the men and women who have been sexually assaulted (assuming that as an umbrella term) talk about what the word rape means to them. You haven't even tried to find a connotation that is relevant to the experiences of any man or woman who has this as part of their daily reality. It's nice to talk about the definition of rape in a world far away from it. I'm not saying that there's a consensus among the victims; far from it. There is a spectrum of responses, ranging from the most trivial, the most denotative and literalst (like you), and the most liberal. You don't have to accept whatever spectrum of possible definitions come out of that part; but to claim as firm a position on it without listening to them, trying to convince someone who is trying their best to listen, is just blindness. You owe openness then you're giving here.

You don't know he hasn't lived in that kind of environment. You didn't present any proof, to support that he doesn't live in a "sexualized culture." Arguments fall apart when you assume things, don't do it. But, yeah he probably hasn't.

This whole rant accused Slim of being inconsiderate towards people that have been raped. This is something I thought you wouldn't do. So, did I miss the part where Slim said all of this?

QuoteAnd denotatively, for every dictionary source you find calling rape penetration, I can find one from a legitimate source calling rape more general than penetration.

Show us.
Die for Dethklok

wawi

December 05, 2009, 09:59:39 PM #89 Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 10:05:03 PM by WILD4WII1
Quote from: TheSequel on December 05, 2009, 09:56:57 PM
Show us.

I just looked at 10 different dictionaries and they all list rape as forcing sexual intercourse or sexual activities. O_0
[spoiler]
Quoterape1

ΓΆβ,¬ΒΆ verb 1 (of a man) force (another person) to have sexual intercourse with him against their will

QuoteThe crime of forcing another person to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse.

1. forcing of somebody into sex: the crime of using force somebody to have sexual intercourse with somebody

Quoteunlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against the will usually of a female or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent

Quotethe crime of forcefully having sex with someone against their wish

Quote1. (crime) The act of forcing sexual intercourse or other sexual activity upon another person, without their consent and/or against their will.

Quotethe crime of engaging in sexual acts, esp. involving penetration of the vagina or anus, usually forcibly, with a person who has not consented

Quotethe crime of forcing an unwilling or legally incompetent person to participate in sexual intercourse.

Quoteany act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.

Quoteto force to have sexual intercourse.
[/spoiler]
I think PQQU means she will show us sources from testimonies claiming rape is more than just the definition. doodhuh;
I don't know though, I'm confused.

Go Up