October 07, 2024, 03:23:52 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

i'm desensitized yay

Started by ??????, December 02, 2009, 03:38:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

?????

Quote from: WILD4WII1 on December 05, 2009, 09:59:39 PM
I just looked at 10 different dictionaries and they all list rape as forcing sexual intercourse or sexual activities. O_0
I think PQQU means she will show us sources from testimonies claiming rape is more than just the definition. doodhuh;
I don't know though, I'm confused.
Oh, testimonies are biased though. People can think different things, so just because someone says something about a group doesn't make it true. I could say that all people that like cereal also like spaghetti, and say I know because I like cereal. That doesn't make my statement true.
Die for Dethklok

wawi

Quote from: TheSequel on December 05, 2009, 10:02:01 PM
Oh, testimonies are biased though. People can think different things, so just because someone says something about a group doesn't make it true. I could say that all people that like cereal also like spaghetti, and say I know because I like cereal. That doesn't make my statement true.

I know, that's why I'm confused.

?????

Quote from: WILD4WII1 on December 05, 2009, 10:05:40 PM
I know, that's why I'm confused.
I checked her profile and she's posting. Fuck this is going to be a long post.
Die for Dethklok

Socks

with all due respect, ppqu clearly has a chip on her shoulder. trying to shove some misguided anger in the form of BS beliefs and extreme ideas down our throat is not the best way to deal with it. i refuse to apologize for being a MAN and will never entertain bias against my kind. just because something is of a sexual nature does not grant one a pedestal  to commence with drivel that's in essence hatred of the heterosexual male and how we dominate the world and perspective in every sense of the phrase.

THE POWER OF GOD

?????

I understand where Alyssa is coming from, but trying to classify it as rape isn't right.

Also she said she wasn't accosting.... seems like everyone else agrees on it not being rape...
Die for Dethklok

the shortest route to the sea

December 05, 2009, 10:18:49 PM #95 Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 10:24:41 PM by Alyssa the Glowing Sole
Quote from: TheSequel on December 05, 2009, 09:56:57 PM
You don't know he hasn't lived in that kind of environment. You didn't present any proof, to support that he doesn't live in a "sexualized culture." Arguments fall apart when you assume things, don't do it. But, yeah he probably hasn't/

This whole rant accused Slim of being inconsiderate towards people that have been raped. This is something I thought you wouldn't do. So, did I miss the part where Slim said all of this?

It accuses him of not listening, or trying to. Which is what I fault him for. He recognizes the seriousness of rape, that's clear

QuoteShow us.

Fine. Is 10 the number to beat?
Quote2.    any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.
[/s]

The "any act" gives a sense of generality, but not quite strong enough.
QuoteThe crime of forcing another person to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse.

Hell: a legal definition:

Quoteunlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against the will usually of a female or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent because of mental illness, mental deficiency, intoxication, unconsciousness, or deception â,”see also STATUTORY RAPE
NOTE: The common-law crime of rape involved a man having carnal knowledge of a woman not his wife through force and against her will, and required at least slight penetration of the penis into the vagina. While some states maintain essentially this definition of rape, most have broadened its scope esp. in terms of the sex of the persons and the nature of the acts involved. Marital status is usually irrelevant. Moreover, the crime is codified under various names, including first degree sexual assault sexual battery unlawful sexual intercourse, and first degree sexual abuse.

QuoteThe crime of forcing another person to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse. v. raped, rap,·ing, rapes
To commit rape on.

all from the various sources of dictionary.com.

mirriam webster:

Quote: unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against the will usually of a female or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent â,” compare sexual assault, statutory rape

via google

QuoteRape is the crime of forcing someone to have sex.

the definition for having sex for which includes:

Quotetake part in a sexual act

The 2nd dictionary.com definition is on multiple online dictionaries

Cambridge

Quoteto force someone to have sex when they are unwilling, using violence or threatening behaviour

where sex is defined as
Quotesexual activity involving the penis or vagina, especially when a man puts his penis into a woman's vagina

yes, a lot of these are secondaries or qualified by especialies. but the general framework supports my point.

infoplease:
Quoteany act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.

where sexual intercourse is:
Quotegenital contact, esp. the insertion of the penis into the vagina followed by orgasm; coitus; copulation.

It's a bit of a hair-splitting here, but technically in my favor.

Have I hit 10 yet? I'm not counting.

Only 8. But is it clear that I have a basis here?

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Quote from: Socks on December 05, 2009, 10:11:24 PM
with all due respect, ppqu clearly has a chip on her shoulder. trying to shove some misguided anger in the form of BS beliefs and extreme ideas down our throat is not the best way to deal with it. i refuse to apologize for being a MAN and will never entertain bias against my kind. just because something is of a sexual nature does not grant one a pedestal  to commence with drivel that's in essence hatred of the heterosexual male and how we dominate the world and perspective in every sense of the phrase.

THE POWER OF GOD

I'm a little girl with a big ego, 'tis true. But some of my best friends are men!

Daddy

Does that mean if you don't orgasm you didn't have sex?

?????

None of these say groping is rape. They say rape is sexual intercourse... am I missing something?
Die for Dethklok

Quote from: TheSequel on December 05, 2009, 10:21:23 PM
None of these say groping is rape. They say rape is sexual intercourse... am I missing something?

The question is: is rape confined to penetration?

The answer according to this set: sometimes yes, sometimes no.

"sex acts" is deliberately different from "intercourse"

Ah damn, can't count the first dictionary.com one. 7.

?????

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on December 05, 2009, 10:22:39 PM
The question is: is rape confined to penetration?

The answer according to this set: sometimes yes, sometimes no.

"sex acts" is deliberately different from "intercourse"
So.. there has to be genital contact? Shit, I'm lost.
Die for Dethklok

Daddy

Web definitions for rape
   Eurasian plant cultivated for its seed and as a forage crop

Quote from: JMV on December 05, 2009, 10:24:27 PM
Web definitions for rape
   Eurasian plant cultivated for its seed and as a forage crop

Canola oil, in fact.

Socks

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on December 05, 2009, 10:20:12 PM
I'm a little girl with a big ego, 'tis true. But some of my best friends are men!

i'm not a racist i have black friends.

you will never convince me that you do not wish the see the heterosexual male become subservient in the role we play on earth

that is delusion, anger, and hatred

and your last post was, frankly, an embarrassment. i suggest you take it down.

Quote from: Socks on December 05, 2009, 10:25:08 PM
i'm not a racist i have black friends.

you will never convince me that you do not wish the see the heterosexual male become subservient in the role we play on earth

that is delusion, anger, and hatred

and your last post was, frankly, an embarrassment. i suggest you take it down.

I've been brainwashed by the feminists he-

DESTROY ALL MEN

*missile*

Go Up