September 24, 2024, 02:31:06 PM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

2008 Election Thread

Started by Houdini, June 08, 2008, 10:27:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

daaaaaaaaa

Obama
41 (71.9%)
McCain
6 (10.5%)
Nader
6 (10.5%)
token Libertarian candidate
4 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Go Down

guff

Quote from: Rycerz on September 20, 2008, 09:57:19 AM
Fun fact: They can't afford private education because they're too busy paying for 'public' schooling through inflated state taxes.

I also find that it is unfair for people who don't have kids who go to school to also have to pay for the public education system.
what percentage of taxes go to public education

perhaps somewhat more reasonable, but then what's the point of taxpayer supported public education when only the people who use it pay for it (hint: that would make it pretty much like private education) doodthing;

Hensa

After the last 8 years, I have decided to give up on politics for a while and not vote for either canidate.

If I was going to vote, id vote McCain/Palin.
Go ahead and start throwing the tomatos.

Nyerp

Quote from: Nurse ProtectedMember32 on September 21, 2008, 02:46:21 AM
After the last 8 years, I have decided to give up on politics for a while and not vote for either canidate.

If I was going to vote, id vote McCain/Palin.
Go ahead and start throwing the tomatos.

why

Hensa

guff

Hensa

Houdini

Quote from: Nurse ProtectedMember32 on September 21, 2008, 07:54:15 AM
I get a bad vibe from Obama.

I think he may be good at lying.
i dont trust them darkies neither

YPrrrr

Quote from: Nurse ProtectedMember32 on September 21, 2008, 07:54:15 AM
I get a bad vibe from Obama.

I think he may be good at lying.
I think it's because you're from Texas

Classic

Quote from: Flying Circus on September 21, 2008, 12:45:21 PM
I think it's because you're from Texas

All I see on my way to work are giant yard signs that say "McCain and Palin 2008". giggle;
There was one sign that said Obama 2008, but it was the Democratic meeting center.

Personally, I may stay away from voting this year.

Knig

Quote from: Commodore Guff on September 20, 2008, 09:17:42 PM
what percentage of taxes go to public education

perhaps somewhat more reasonable, but then what's the point of taxpayer supported public education when only the people who use it pay for it (hint: that would make it pretty much like private education) doodthing;

From http://www.assemblydems.com/pdf/0809Session/prroberts042108.pdf :

"Roughly 55 percent of the average New Jersey homeownerââ,¬â,,˘s property taxpayer bill goes to support
local schools. Public education also accounts for roughly one-third of all state spending."

So a little more than half of the taxes paid by people without children who go to a public school doesn't go into something they can use; what the hell is that?

Quote from: Houdini on September 20, 2008, 08:35:45 PM
Not really. She's more or less the Bush to McCain's Cheney.

I'd like you to expand a bit on this assertion.

Hiro

Quote from: Rycerz on September 21, 2008, 01:41:21 PM
From http://www.assemblydems.com/pdf/0809Session/prroberts042108.pdf :

"Roughly 55 percent of the average New Jersey homeownerââ,¬â,,˘s property taxpayer bill goes to support
local schools. Public education also accounts for roughly one-third of all state spending."

So a little more than half of the taxes paid by people without children who go to a public school doesn't go into something they can use; what the hell is that?

I'm not too sure on the McCain = Cheney thing, but Palin is similar to Bush in that they both have around the same amount of competence for the job.

YPrrrr

Quote from: They Call Me Classic on September 21, 2008, 12:49:55 PM
All I see on my way to work are giant yard signs that say "McCain and Palin 2008". giggle;
There was one sign that said Obama 2008, but it was the Democratic meeting center.

Personally, I may stay away from voting this year.
Thank goodness for Austin

Houdini

Quote from: Rycerz on September 21, 2008, 01:41:21 PM
McCain is the corrupt schemer, Palin is there to get attention and make the campaign more attractive to shallow voters.

Det in F♯ Major

I wonder how many niggers are only voting for Obama because he's black. Same with racists for McCain.
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

YPrrrr

Quote from: Det. ;] on September 21, 2008, 05:28:24 PM
I wonder how many niggers are only voting for Obama because he's black. Same with racists for McCain.
Some black people aren't voting for Obama because they say he's not black enough lol

Go Up