June 16, 2024, 06:30:42 AM

1,531,266 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

2008 Election Thread

Started by Houdini, June 08, 2008, 10:27:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

daaaaaaaaa

Obama
41 (71.9%)
McCain
6 (10.5%)
Nader
6 (10.5%)
token Libertarian candidate
4 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: mariofreak on July 27, 2008, 03:38:53 PM
Of course you might think he's better. That doesn't mean voting for him will affect anything at all.
if everyone voted for ralph nader and didn't have that stupid "lol it won't matter" idea lodged in their brain, we'd have a president that didn't suck

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

just1more

Quote from: Lawlz on July 27, 2008, 08:35:12 PM
if everyone voted for ralph nader and didn't have that stupid "lol it won't matter" idea lodged in their brain, we'd have a president that didn't suck

People don't vote for Ralph Nader because he's an attention whore.

And it also has a lot to do with the national media, which can't comprehend how to cover more than two candidates in a given race.

mariofreak

Quote from: Lawlz on July 27, 2008, 08:35:12 PM
funny how you talk so much shit about marijuana and pretty much all ralph nader supporters support him for the sole fact that he would legalize it. the only reason you are saying that he would not suck is because he's different and you just want to be controversial and say that all presidential canidates are terrible and that the country is a pile of shit that can't be fixed unless we all vote for ralph nader who you probably don't even know his stance on most things.

lern poltix

YPrrrr

Quote from: Purloiner of Hares on August 13, 2008, 08:24:07 PM
The ridiculous dual-party system isn't really a result of the media, it's just the way our country's political system has evolved from the demographics that it has grown out of over the decades/centuries.

I don't think I've posted my thoughts in this thread before. If I could vote this fall and Obama/McCain were surely the candidates I would vote independent purely on basis of protesting the two-party system. McCain's a fucking moron and I'd quite like to leave the country if his cabinet was running it. Obama isn't exactly my dream candidate either.

In my opinion the best possible FEASIBLE presidential team would be Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul. They've said someway or another that they'd consider running with each other, and I really think that that would be the best thing that could happen to American politics right now.
- Why don't you like Obama
- Why do you like Kucinich
- Why do you like Paul

guff

Quote from: Purloiner of Hares on August 13, 2008, 10:02:12 PM
I don't dislike Obama, I'm just not going to put a sign up in my yard or anything. I feel like he talks about many big important things that need to be done, but once he gets in office he won't followup or have take the initiative to actually get these things done thoroughly. Foreign policy, he's definitely not a seasoned pro there; nothing a good VP can't help though.
what makes you think any other politician would be any different
and since when do either kucinich or paul have foreign policy credentials

Kucinich is a guy I've liked for a long time because he is one of the few politicians I've seen who transcends the politician mold more than those around him...
problem: he has no influence whatsoever
...for instance [Ron Paul's] campaign officially states that he is pro-life, but he is personally pro-choice.
what doodthing;

Beta

I personally think Oboma will win, if he chooses Hilary to be his vice president.  keke;

YPrrrr

Quote from: ââ,,¢Â¥Betaââ,,¢Â¥ on August 15, 2008, 08:49:51 AM
I personally think Oboma will win, if he chooses Hilary to be his vice president.  keke;
Ew please no

:atomsk:

Quote from: ââ,,¢Â¥Betaââ,,¢Â¥ on August 15, 2008, 08:49:51 AM

I hope that won't and doubt that will happen.

Daddy

Why did no one comment on Palin?

Also, if you're 18 or turning 18 in the next month or so; http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/9/17/94016/0264/300/591612
Remember to register soon.

Knig

She's a Vice President, she's not that important.

I'm undecided right now, but I'm turning away from Obama because of his plans for big government programs. I'm not a fan of them, and at least McCain says he wants to curb the federal government's involvement and spending. They're both pretty shitty candidates, but I guess I'll go with the lesser evil in the end...

guff

Quote from: Rycerz on September 17, 2008, 05:33:30 PM
She's a Vice President, she's not that important.

I'm undecided right now, but I'm turning away from Obama because of his plans for big government programs. I'm not a fan of them, and at least McCain says he wants to curb the federal government's involvement and spending. They're both pretty shitty candidates, but I guess I'll go with the lesser evil in the end...
no, she's a vice presidential candidate

what programs doodthing;

Knig

Quote from: Commodore Guff on September 17, 2008, 05:40:21 PM
no, she's a vice presidential candidate

what programs doodthing;

oh yeah, with all the hype surrounding her i forgot there are other vp candidates

taken from the obama campaign site thing:

Mandatory Coverage of Children: Obama and Biden will require that all children have health care coverage. Obama and Biden will expand the number of options for young adults to get coverage, including allowing young people up to age 25 to continue coverage through their parents' plans.

The Obama-Biden Plan to Cover Uninsured Americans: Obama and Biden will make available a new national health plan to all Americans, including the self-employed and small businesses, to buy affordable health coverage that is similar to the plan available to members of Congress.

Daddy

Quote from: Rycerz on September 17, 2008, 05:33:30 PMI'm not a fan of them, and at least McCain says he wants to curb the federal government's involvement and spending. They're both pretty shitty candidates, but I guess I'll go with the lesser evil in the end...
doesn't the federal government spend to pay for the war which mccain supports?
mccain also supports many of bush's policies, which currently have us in a huge deficit and banks failing, and the federal government having to support freddie mac/fannie mae and aig.

but mccain totally hates spending.

Knig

Quote from: Khadafi on September 17, 2008, 06:15:20 PM
doesn't the federal government spend to pay for the war which mccain supports?
mccain also supports many of bush's policies, which currently have us in a huge deficit and banks failing, and the federal government having to support freddie mac/fannie mae and aig.

but mccain totally hates spending.

i dunno i hear that mccain wants the federal government to stop supporting businesses like that

the war in iraq is a shithole no matter what the next president does; withdraw or stay in, it'll still be a major problem, so don't think obama will make it magically disappear

if only ron pawl stayed in the race  >.<

guff

Quote from: Rycerz on September 17, 2008, 06:18:52 PM
if only ron pawl stayed in the race  >.<
then he still would have lost
Quote from: Rycerz on September 17, 2008, 06:08:42 PM
taken from the obama campaign site thing:

Mandatory Coverage of Children: Obama and Biden will require that all children have health care coverage. Obama and Biden will expand the number of options for young adults to get coverage, including allowing young people up to age 25 to continue coverage through their parents' plans.

The Obama-Biden Plan to Cover Uninsured Americans: Obama and Biden will make available a new national health plan to all Americans, including the self-employed and small businesses, to buy affordable health coverage that is similar to the plan available to members of Congress.
yeah what assholes, making sure that children have health insurance while still cutting taxes for the middle class more than mccain's plan would how irresponsible doodthing;

Go Up