June 01, 2024, 01:19:49 PM

1,531,629 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

is the wii a piece of shit?

Started by Lex Luthor, June 20, 2009, 02:32:24 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Infel

hotlikesauce.

The Wii has potential, yes, but developers just rush a bunch of shit in hopes of making a quick buck.

Oh

Quote from: Kevin on June 22, 2009, 01:48:37 PM
The Wii had potential, yes, but developers just rush a bunch of shit in hopes of making a quick buck.
The Wii itself was rushed because it has: shit online, shit graphics, no HDD. They want you to use fucking SD cards.  akudood; And now developers don't even try to make the games great because people who have Wiis only buy shitty party games, look at Madworld and No More Heroes.

StarPilot

Quote from: Lwar on June 22, 2009, 05:55:13 PM
shit online
Because Nintendo thinks Friend Codes/Wii Numbers are a good idea. My only experience with their NWFC is the DS stuff though, so I can't really comment on the Wii.

shit graphics
Compared to what? I personally think last gen (gcn, xbox, ps2) are great, and that the graphics of "this gen" are a symbol of diminishing value. Yes they look even better, but it's a marginal improvement that costs quite a bit more cash and time to make. Granted I have a 360 set up to a 1080p capable TV with component cables, but not all games run at 1080p/i, a lot still use 720p, especially games that had a lower budget.

no HDD
Oh wah. Does it really take that much time to manage your storage space that you think you need more storage space? Only in the current gen have 2 of the major consoles started using hard drives, and yet they can still use memory cards of sorts. I don't know squat about SD cards, but the Wii can read ones with up to 2GB or something, right? You don't really need more than that anyway unless you're planning on keeping a ton of stuff on it at once. If I ignore the 2 games I have installed on my 360's HDD for convenience and my videos I've only used about 3 GB of it. Of the discontinued 20GB version.

Also, the Wii is the only "current gen" console that actually has decent backwards compatibility. 360's is limited to select games with software emulation (which sucks, fucking static bursts in Fable), and PS3 had its backwards compatibility removed to cut costs, with the older models not being in production for who knows how long.

Oh

Quote from: StarPilot on June 22, 2009, 06:19:49 PM
Because Nintendo thinks Friend Codes/Wii Numbers are a good idea. My only experience with their NWFC is the DS stuff though, so I can't really comment on the Wii.
Compared to what? I personally think last gen (gcn, xbox, ps2) are great, and that the graphics of "this gen" are a symbol of diminishing value. Yes they look even better, but it's a marginal improvement that costs quite a bit more cash and time to make. Granted I have a 360 set up to a 1080p capable TV with component cables, but not all games run at 1080p/i, a lot still use 720p, especially games that had a lower budget.
Oh wah. Does it really take that much time to manage your storage space that you think you need more storage space? Only in the current gen have 2 of the major consoles started using hard drives, and yet they can still use memory cards of sorts. I don't know squat about SD cards, but the Wii can read ones with up to 2GB or something, right? You don't really need more than that anyway unless you're planning on keeping a ton of stuff on it at once. If I ignore the 2 games I have installed on my 360's HDD for convenience and my videos I've only used about 3 GB of it. Of the discontinued 20GB version.

Also, the Wii is the only "current gen" console that actually has decent backwards compatibility. 360's is limited to select games with software emulation (which sucks, fucking static bursts in Fable), and PS3 had its backwards compatibility removed to cut costs, with the older models not being in production for who knows how long.
Friend codes are retarded, what is the point of some of the online games if you don't even know who you're playing against? And the 360 Arcade costs only a bit more and the graphics look a lot better, I would rather dish out $50 more for a console that looks better on my TV. And the HDD is needed so we can store shit a lot more easily, was it really that hard to add one? I mean having every damn Wii game have it's own channel is retarded, I used up a lot of my PS3's and 360's memory because of Music, Movies, and games. Don't even get me started on every game having a horrible motion controller gimmick tagged on it, I don't give two fucks if I can swing a sword with my controller really, I just want to play games like I did on my Gamecube, but I already have a Gamecube so I would expect better games.

burzumfan420

[spoiler]It is a piece of shit.[/spoiler]

Classic

I've been gone for two days and you guys are stll arguing about this? giggle;

Oh well. Geno and Rawl hate the Wii. Let them. It's not like it matters.
For two years now I've been trying to get everyone to play what they like (example, my Wii and DS/DSi for me...) but these two stooges call me an idiot and accuse me for playing what I enjoy.
Don't listen to them. <3

ps geno is dumb

Geno

Quote from: ENDIVE! on June 24, 2009, 01:38:52 PM
I've been gone for two days and you guys are stll arguing about this? giggle;

Oh well. Geno and Rawl hate the Wii. Let them. It's not like it matters.
For two years now I've been trying to get everyone to play what they like (example, my Wii and DS/DSi for me...) but these two stooges call me an idiot and accuse me for playing what I enjoy.
Don't listen to them. <3

ps geno is dumb
I don't hate the Wii I just hate Nintendo for rarely making a good game for it.
Seriously we got Brawl in Febuary of last year. The next game we are getting that actually might be amazing is that next metroid.
Also I've been playing my wii alot lately. Replaying Twilight princess and playing World of Goo.
And Tyler go ahead and play what you want to play. That still doesn't take away the fact that your taste in video games are shit.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

strongbad

Quote from: Geno on June 25, 2009, 01:05:36 AM
I don't hate the Wii I just hate Nintendo for rarely making a good game for it.
Seriously we got Brawl in Febuary of last year. The next game we are getting that actually might be amazing is that next metroid.
Also I've been playing my wii alot lately. Replaying Twilight princess and playing World of Goo.
And Tyler go ahead and play what you want to play. That still doesn't take away the fact that your taste in video games are shit.

Taste in videogames can be subjective giggle;

Geno

Quote from: Henry Hatsworth on June 25, 2009, 10:00:14 AM
Taste in videogames can be subjective giggle;
When someone only likes games that are shit that means he has shit taste.
get it
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Hiro

Guys don't try to convince Geno that other people have opinions, he's never going to understand.

Geno

Quote from: Hïro on June 25, 2009, 11:02:40 AM
Guys don't try to convince Geno that other people have opinions, he's never going to understand.
I understand that concept
ok how bout I rephrase this
IN MY OPINION TYLER HAS REALLY SHITTY TASTE IN GAMES

Tomboh

Quote from: Lwar on June 22, 2009, 06:31:43 PM
Friend codes are retarded, what is the point of some of the online games if you don't even know who you're playing against? And the 360 Arcade costs only a bit more and the graphics look a lot better, I would rather dish out $50 more for a console that looks better on my TV. And the HDD is needed so we can store shit a lot more easily, was it really that hard to add one? I mean having every damn Wii game have it's own channel is retarded, I used up a lot of my PS3's and 360's memory because of Music, Movies, and games. Don't even get me started on every game having a horrible motion controller gimmick tagged on it, I don't give two fucks if I can swing a sword with my controller really, I just want to play games like I did on my Gamecube, but I already have a Gamecube so I would expect better games.
i like how you go straight from arguing that a 360 arcade is a better buy than a wii, and then talk about how an HDD is needed

O WATE THE CIRCLE BOX ARCADE DOESNT HAVE AN HDD, idiot

Also, the 360 and Wii both suck.

Thyme

Quote from: Geno on June 25, 2009, 11:04:41 AM
I understand that concept
ok how bout I rephrase this
IN MY OPINION TYLER HAS REALLY SHITTY TASTE IN GAMES

Quote from: Geno on June 25, 2009, 10:56:14 AM
When someone only likes games that are shit that means he has shit taste.
get it

You see, that's where your reasoning fails since that doesn't apply to Tyler at all.
Tyler doesn't only like games that are shit. Most of the games he actually likes are great.
The thing is, and I'll admit it kind of grinds my gears myself (sorry tyler ilu :'() is that there are also A LOT of great games by general consensus that he doesn't like.

tl;dr the guy's annoyingly picky sorry tyler ilu :'(

Geno

Quote from: Thyme on June 25, 2009, 11:14:20 AM
You see, that's where your reasoning fails since that doesn't apply to Tyler at all.
Tyler doesn't only like games that are shit. Most of the games he actually likes are great.
The thing is, and I'll admit it kind of grinds my gears myself (sorry tyler ilu :'() is that there are also A LOT of great games by general consensus that he doesn't like.

tl;dr the guy's annoyingly picky sorry tyler ilu :'(
ok I'll go with this since it's 100% true

Go Up