March 28, 2024, 01:45:42 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu and Lets Go Eevee

Started by YPrrrr, May 30, 2018, 03:43:44 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

The guy who runs Serebii got to play through a demo for a few hours today and confirmed: They completely removed abilities and held items (Mega Stones are now treated as battle items)

This really is trying to be even more like the original games than Firered/Leafgreen were in all the worst ways. It's like they're reverting the gameplay improvements that Gold/Silver and Ruby/Sapphire made. At least the D/P physical/special split is intact.

In the two-player co-op mode, the second player can walk around in the overworld with you but can't actually interact with anything. They can't pick up items, talk to NPCs, or even initiate a wild encounter.

The starter pokemon is way more powerful (with higher stats) than a normal pikachu or eevee, and their special moves are strong too, so the starter probably won't be totally useless as you would have initially expected from the fact that they can't evolve. You can switch the starter out of your battle party anyway to use 6 other things that aren't pikachu or eevee.

C.Mongler

Every update makes this sound worse and worse lol

YPrrrr

bluaki

September 19, 2018, 07:05:23 AM #18 Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 07:09:05 AM by bluaki
Quote from: C.Mongler on September 18, 2018, 09:37:58 AMEvery update makes this sound worse and worse lol
It gets better sillydood;

I said before that the battles against Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres look like normal wild battles you'd expect in any other Pokemon game, but it turns out that's not quite right: when you lower the opponent's HP to 0, the battle switches back over to the Go Capture Mode and you have to use motion controls to try to catch it as usual. On top of that, the legendary battles have a 5 minute time limit.

It's looking like, if you don't play Pokemon Go, there's a decent chunk of content you'll miss out on in these games. It's not 100% confirmed, but I think it looks like the Alolan Forms (like Ice-type Ninetales) need to be transferred in from the phone game. Since there's no breeding (and no GTS), you can't just ask someone online "Hey can you breed an extra Ice-type Vulpix and trade it to me?". This will be the first Pokemon game that I won't even bother trying to 100%. Funny enough, the phone game kinda punishes you for linking up with this game because the transfer removes your stuff from the phone game and it only goes one way.

bluaki

They said before in an interview that these games would add a new pokemon

and today it was teased by Pokemon Go:

it's like the body of a grey ditto with its head chopped off and replaced with a screw nut. In Go, its name just appears as "???" when encountered and after capture it turns into a Ditto or some other random pokemon like chikorita, which notably is something that missingno is also prone to doing

Nyerp

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Samus Aran

it's hard to tell but it also has a red tail, which you can see during some of its animations

also:

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on September 22, 2018, 02:25:46 PMthis thing looks stupid

AAAAAAAA

Do you think they're officially adding Missingno?

bluaki

The game is releasing this week and this thread is already on the second page lol

A recent announcement confirms Red, Blue, and even Green (the scrapped girl protagonist) all appear in this game. Interestingly, they each only have one starter, matching their manga counterparts: Red has Venusaur, Blue has Charizard, and Green has Blastoise. I'm using their US names here; swap Blue and Green in Japan.

Also the ROM leaked last night and data mining is happening. Basically there's nothing new. There are no post-game locations; nothing like FRLG's Sevii Islands. The only info data mining can give us that we didn't already know is minor mechanics details like shiny chaining, base stats, move learnsets, TMs, etc. One of the gym gatekeepers requires that you own 50 pokemon in the dex.

TooB

Does this game even deserve more than 2 pages on boyah?

bluaki

Quote from: Big Goop on November 11, 2018, 10:05:32 AMDoes this game even deserve more than 2 pages on boyah?
by "already on the second page" I mean this thread has been inactive for so long I had to go to the second page of the video games board to find it

anyway idk, I'm expecting this thread might hit 3 pages max by the time everyone stops playing it, considering we can organize trades in discord and there's barely any content in this game to talk about

TooB

What I asked still stands in the context I inadvertently gave it

Go Up