May 04, 2024, 03:30:15 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Thread Consolidation

Started by ME##, May 25, 2015, 05:13:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

Quote from: Big Goop on February 27, 2017, 02:13:47 AM
Quote from: Tectron on February 26, 2017, 07:44:50 PM
i guarantee they're working on a goty edition of smash 4 as a quick switch port, a la mk8 """deluxe"""

which means we won't get an entirely new smash game until 2020 at the earliest
and if they do port it, they'll announce a few new characters, all from Fire Emblem.
At this point I'd say Alm (and/or Celica) and Inkling would be the least surprising reveals for Smash 4 Deluxe. I'll be more surprised if neither of them get in.

Quote from: the MIB the on January 24, 2017, 02:48:42 PM
honestly, my brother and i were just dying at the ice cube demonstration
It's a somewhat silly demonstration, but that's an effective way to describe the feature. Enhanced haptic feedback is a legitimately nice feature for plenty of situations.

Admittedly there are some games, like Smash, that wouldn't benefit at all from this feature, but you could say that about almost every other improvement in gaming hardware. Some games don't even benefit from joysticks or shoulder buttons and this is undeniably a much more minor feature than those.

Hiro

Quote from: Big Goop on February 27, 2017, 02:07:41 AM
Quote from: ƕɾο on February 27, 2017, 02:01:32 AM
I mean the switch controller is pretty normal idk
yeah, "normal"
in terms of controls what exactly is abnormal about it? I suppose the lack of a proper d-pad but really it's got all the same inputs as a traditional controller so I don't see a complaint here whatsoever

Hiro

Quote from: Big Goop on February 27, 2017, 02:09:17 AM
I'll accept Brawl being "uninspired," but, me accepting the "wrath" of fanboys, I think Smash 4 is the best of the series
Smash 4 is the best overall simply because it fixes most of Brawl's issues and makes improvements across the board, plus having the widest selection of characters, but I'd say it's by far the least inspired in the series, with really nothing that big or new about it, and simply being Brawl 2.0 HD

Hiro

Plus the fact that the game lacks a proper name doesn't help the feeling of the game having no real personality whatsoever

TooB

I mean, I don't agree, but whatever

TooB

Quote from: ƕɾο on February 27, 2017, 11:41:30 AM
Quote from: Big Goop on February 27, 2017, 02:07:41 AM
Quote from: ƕɾο on February 27, 2017, 02:01:32 AM
I mean the switch controller is pretty normal idk
yeah, "normal"
in terms of controls what exactly is abnormal about it? I suppose the lack of a proper d-pad but really it's got all the same inputs as a traditional controller so I don't see a complaint here whatsoever
I never was complaining. But it's a controller that splits into two. That's not really "normal."
I never was complaining that it was gonna be uncomfortable, or unwieldy.

Commander Fuckass

I have nothing buy Optimism for this system.
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

TooB

Quote from: Commander Fuckass on February 27, 2017, 12:42:31 PM
I have nothing buy Optimism for this system.
hopefully that optimism stays past the first year

rdl

making another switch thread bc im a dick. why cant we just be neat and organized.

i count 4 switch threads shoot me

TooB

It comes out on friday, but who's gonna be able to pick it up besides preorders?

And when will Nintendo decide to restock them?

In a month?
2 months?
Not til xmas?

Thyme

Quotethe nintendo switch is a console that comes out on friday

this can't be true
get out of here with your fake news rdx

ME##

Samus Aran

Quote from: David on February 27, 2017, 03:06:26 PM
i really hope the switch fails

why tho honestly

i'm not optimistic either but i'd rather it turn out great and have more good games to play

YPrrrr

Who can survive in a world where playstation has all the games

TooB

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on February 27, 2017, 04:48:58 PM
Quote from: David on February 27, 2017, 03:06:26 PM
i really hope the switch fails

why tho honestly

i'm not optimistic either but i'd rather it turn out great and have more good games to play
so that Nintendo stops investing in gimmicks

But seriously, obviously I would love for it to succeed, but I wish they'd stop the gimmicks

Go Up