May 04, 2024, 12:05:34 PM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,727 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Thread Consolidation

Started by ME##, May 25, 2015, 05:13:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

i played the switch and a few games today ama

C.Mongler

ok well no one asked but i gotta git that quota so:

-they had pretty much all the games (sans Mario Oddesey) showcased at the show. I played 1 2 Switch, ARMS, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Zelda BotW, Splatoon 2, Sonic Mania, and Snipper Clips.
- overall the build felt very nice. they had demos setup in a wide variety of use scenarios, from handheld, to big screen, to tabletop, to switching (heh) in between. the thing felt solid, BUT i will say when straight holding it without something to prop your arms on (a table, armrests, yourself when seated) it gets HEAVY very quickly.
-the joycon grip felt very nice, and i am very relieved because i thought i would almost NEED a pro controller for this thing; i feel no rush to get one now. it's not the best feeling controller ive ever held, but it works fine.
-the screen was very nice, reminded me of how bright and saturated the vita screen is
-single joycon play was kinda weird but i got used to it. i played snipperclips and sonic mania (and 1 2 switch but its pretty unconventional) using a single joycon. i have kinda small hands but i feel like if you are a person with big hands it might be awkward to use
-i watched super bomberman for a bit, it looks like hot garbage. i dont know how konami managed to fuck it up, the game has fucking frame drops galore. didnt actually play it tho
- i wanted to like arms more, but it didnt totally impress me. that said, the demo environment was kind of weird and it might click more when i play on my own time, OR with conventional controls. the motion control movement didnt feel totally responsive but i might have just been playing it wrong.
- Zelda BotW was really cool from what i played, but it was a 20 minute demo from the begining of the game so you basically find a weapon, kill a couple moblins and raise a tower and the demo ends. combat was VERY nice though, i hope when fighting more complex enemies it really shines and doesn't just become typical zelda hit it until it dies stuff
-Snipperclips was my favorite game that i played TBH. me and my bud were laughing our asses off the whole time and it was the only game besides Zelda where we were actually bummed the demo was over. totally gonna pick this one up day 1.

overall, seems like it has potential, but still not convinced anyone really needs one day 1. still considering my pre order cuz im a cuck

Hiro

what version do you have preordered and if its neon can I buy it off u pls
also how was 1-2 Switch and what was the HD rumble like

C.Mongler

its the gray version and im like 80% sure im gonna get it cuz i mostly get to play games on the bus and i wanna be able to enjoy zoldo to the fullest.

1 2 switch i only got to play one mini game, which was Pose Copy or something like that. one person did a pose and the other had to copy, and then after three poses u swapped roles and it scored you based on your pose uniqiness and ability to copy. it was kind of dumb and seemed like the scoring was arbitrary; my friend did shitty poses that i copied to a t (because he basically didnt move lol) and i somehow got 65% for my score lol. i really wanted to try the milk the cow game but i would have had to wait in line for 20 minutes again to try another

the hd rumble felt pretty cool to be honest, but i dont know how much it really adds to the experience and if it is worth the extra cost; assuming thats whats beefing up the price on these things

Kalahari Inkantation

i guarantee they're working on a goty edition of smash 4 as a quick switch port, a la mk8 """deluxe"""

which means we won't get an entirely new smash game until 2020 at the earliest

bluaki

Release date is this Friday. Before that, Nintendo's streaming an Indies-focused Nintendo Direct this Tuesday at 12pm EDT.

Oddly enough, there's still a lot of details about the system that Nintendo hasn't clarified, like basically everything that has to do with online connectivity.

Also, reviewers claim they're having some problems with signal strength and dropped inputs from the Joy-Cons thanks to playing in a large living room or from blocking it with their hand or body. This might get fixed in the day 1 system update.

Quote from: Big Goop on January 24, 2017, 11:47:34 PM
god forbid nintendo ever just have a normal controller ever again....

not that the n64 and GC controllers were "normal"
What's wrong with the Wii U Pro Controller and the Switch Pro Controller? They're totally normal. At worst they just lack analog triggers.

Most Smash people don't like them as much as GameCube controller because they like GameCube's weird button layout and having wires, but those traits aren't that great for playing everything else.

Hiro

Quote from: Tectron on February 26, 2017, 07:44:50 PM
i guarantee they're working on a goty edition of smash 4 as a quick switch port, a la mk8 """deluxe"""

honestly I'm fine with that, hopefully the next smash is a big departure for the series because as well-made as the games are, both brawl and sm4sh were a bit uninspired

Hiro

Quote from: bluaki on February 26, 2017, 11:04:29 PM
Release date is this Friday. Before that, Nintendo's streaming an Indies-focused Nintendo Direct this Tuesday at 12pm EDT.

Oddly enough, there's still a lot of details about the system that Nintendo hasn't clarified, like basically everything that has to do with online connectivity.
I wonder if any good indie games will be announced for launch last-minute. As-is, the games I plan on getting are Zelda, Snipperclips, and possibly FAST RMX.
Hasn't Nintendo basically said that online is going to be in beta until the fall though and will likely see changes until then

TooB

Quote from: bluaki on February 26, 2017, 11:04:29 PM

Also, reviewers claim they're having some problems with signal strength and dropped inputs from the Joy-Cons thanks to playing in a large living room or from blocking it with their hand or body. This might get fixed in the day 1 system update.

Quote from: Big Goop on January 24, 2017, 11:47:34 PM
god forbid nintendo ever just have a normal controller ever again....

not that the n64 and GC controllers were "normal"
What's wrong with the Wii U Pro Controller and the Switch Pro Controller? They're totally normal. At worst they just lack analog triggers.

Most Smash people don't like them as much as GameCube controller because they like GameCube's weird button layout and having wires, but those traits aren't that great for playing everything else.
There's nothing "wrong" with the Pro controllers, but if anything, they're not the standard controllers that come with the system

Hiro

I mean the switch controller is pretty normal idk

TooB

TooB

February 27, 2017, 02:09:17 AM #491 Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 02:12:59 AM by Big Goop
I'll accept Brawl being "uninspired," but, me accepting the "wrath" of fanboys, I think Smash 4 is the best of the series

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on February 26, 2017, 07:44:50 PM

and if they do port it, they'll announce a few new characters, all from Fire Emblem.

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Commander Fuckass

Im gonna be dissapointed if Hollow Knight isnt one of those indies shown off on Tuesday
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Go Up