March 19, 2024, 04:11:01 AM

1,531,587 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Thread Consolidation

Started by ME##, May 25, 2015, 05:13:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

May 25, 2015, 05:13:07 PM Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 02:59:07 PM by Tectron
Let's get these things checked off:

Nintendo console, no third party support
Nintendo console, no functioning online system
Fragmented lineup due to Nintendo restricting backward compatibility to games you pay to have 'unlocked' on the NX. I.E. you put in your game and the console will ask you for a nominal $20 fee to emulate it from the Cloud®
Short lifespan, 2-3 years at most as it is a bridge system
$349 launch price
Integrated flash memory capped at 32 GB [18 GB user-accessible] due to 'reasons'
Can support 1.5 Wii u gamepads [the half comes from only being able to support one {1} controller's screen]

Kalahari Inkantation

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on May 25, 2015, 06:17:13 PM
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/project_cars_studio_boss_admits_to_problems_with_wii_u_version_hoping_for_nintendo_hardware_announcement_at_e3

rofl development of wii u games already being shifted over to nx

that makes:

-zelda
-project cars
-??? certainly more to come
rofl so will the wii u be the first nintendo main console to not get a real zelda game???

Kalahari Inkantation

aside from the virtual boy goowan

best case scenario, it'll be another twilight princess-like situation where both the wii u and the nx share the new zelda with nintendo heavily favoring the nx version

in either case it'll be the only nintendo console sans virtual boy to never have gotten an exclusive zelda

bluaki

What reason is there to believe that NX is a non-portable home console with specs exceeding and replacing Wii U?

3DS is the one that is nearing the end of its lifecycle. It's been out for over 4 years and has already been milked of all the typical first-party releases and hardware refreshes. If a successor is formally announced in 2016 (Nintendo claims it won't reveal NX this year), it might release around early 2017 or maybe, at earliest, late 2016, which would bring 3DS's life expectancy on par with DS's.

I think there have been some rumors claiming NX is a "merge" between handhelds and home consoles. Even if that really is the case, I think we'd be seeing hardware much more on the handheld side.

don't let's

NX is just their new updated gamepad with a screen for the Wii U

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

reeper

At least it means another Mario Kart soon ...  awdood;

ME##

Quote from: reefer on May 27, 2015, 11:56:04 PM
At least it means another Mario Kart soon ...  awdood;
actually, it'll be a straight port of mario kart 7

Classic

Kalahari Inkantation

Daddy

I'm overloaded with nintendo jokes ill be back later

ME##

Quote from: Khadafi on June 02, 2015, 08:52:22 AM
I'm overloaded with nintendo jokes ill be back later
JMV STOP BEING MEAN >:[

reeper

Don't worry guys, we're not going full mobile gaming...

....NX runs on Android

confuseddood;

Hiro

Go Up