June 22, 2024, 08:41:36 PM

1,531,270 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The sorry state of the Wii U

Started by ME##, January 17, 2015, 12:58:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Quote from: Tectron on May 19, 2015, 12:49:57 PM
people seem to have latched onto this idea ever since nintendo consolidated its handheld and console development teams into one department, but i have no idea why anyone took it to mean they'd be combining the devices themselves lol
well I never heard that so that's not my line of thinking anyway lol
plus they wouldn't go about it in the way you're saying. more likely it would probably be something like a portable system that would also function as the controller for a home console (that would run higher end games plus the portables) or perhaps it would just be a system that would stream these high end games to the portable system, like a wii u gamepad the size of a 3ds with 4g capabilities or something i dunno man
plus they claim this is a "3rd pillar" so it could easily be something silly that one wouldn't want/expect for a mainline console

Kalahari Inkantation

May 19, 2015, 07:38:49 PM #106 Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 07:54:43 PM by Tectron
Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on May 19, 2015, 07:10:44 PM
Quote from: Tectron on May 19, 2015, 12:49:57 PM
people seem to have latched onto this idea ever since nintendo consolidated its handheld and console development teams into one department, but i have no idea why anyone took it to mean they'd be combining the devices themselves lol

more likely it would probably be something like a portable system that would also function as the controller for a home console (that would run higher end games plus the portables) or perhaps it would just be a system that would stream these high end games to the portable system, like a wii u gamepad the size of a 3ds with 4g capabilities or something i dunno man

i heard ideas like these being floated too, but they also jeapordize nintendo's two distinct revenue streams by significantly reducing the necessity of owning both a nintendo handheld and a nintendo home console

if they were to do something like this, i'd be perfectly content to just by the proper home version of the device if their libraries were shared and the only difference is that the console has better grfx and access to a larger screen, i almost never play handheld games outside of my own room anyway and i'm sure that goes for the vast majority of owners of a dedicated gaming handheld

i buy handhelds for the exclusives more than anything else

not that something like sony's ps3-ps vita cross play wouldn't be amazing convenient, but that sort of service really only makes sense for older generations of games that can be very easily played on a handheld and don't limit the potential of a home console lol

i sure would love to wake up one day all find my wii and wii u virtual console purchases playable on my 3ds (and 3ds vc purchases playable on wii u), but alas, this is nintendo we're talking about

Hiro

Quote from: Tectron on May 19, 2015, 07:38:49 PM
if they were to do something like this, i'd be perfectly content to just by the proper home version of the device if their libraries were shared and the only difference is that the console has better grfx and access to a larger screen
but see what i was saying is the portable system is needed as the controller for the home system, potentially they would come bundled together, there would not be a home system without the portable system

Kalahari Inkantation

if they were sold as a bundle like that and so tightly integrated with each other they'd still essentially be one device, a console with a semi-independent controller

i can't see nintendo willingly halving its hardware offerings like that lol

and i can only imagine how expensive additional controllers would be, if sold separately at all (god forbid we end up with another wii u situation where there's a hard limit of just one primary controller per system, please never again)

don't let's

Kalahari Inkantation

ME##

Kalahari Inkantation

Classic

They have the superior Mario Kart anyhow.  happydood;

ME##

'but we need to save the children from voice chat'

The artist formally known

idk how you cannot cuss on voice chats, they're some of my favorite words

Kalahari Inkantation

ME##