July 05, 2024, 01:25:25 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Unofficial E3 Underdelivery Thread

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, May 23, 2014, 07:32:25 AM

previous topic - next topic

Who's the biggest loser this year?

Microsoft
5 (22.7%)
Nintendo
4 (18.2%)
Sony
3 (13.6%)
Ouya
3 (13.6%)
[glow=black,2,300]Us[/glow]
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Go Down

Daddy

Quote from: y-i on June 10, 2014, 12:08:01 PM
well nintendo won
Shut up hiro.

You'd say that even if Nintendo revealed it supplied innovations directly to the army of Imperial Japan and Nazi Germany.  akudood;

don't let's

Nyerp

nintendo would have one if not for the introduction of the figure bullshit. nobody wins

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectron on June 10, 2014, 11:27:49 AM
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/aonuma-looking-to-capture-the-feeling-of-skyrim-with-new-zelda#.U5dNgdxdWSo

i guess he wasn't kidding

now comes the part where i naively hope he doesn't half-ass it and that the game's overworld isn't completely empty and worthless like it has been in every 3d zelda since wind waker

the fact that nintendo hasn't committed to actually filling smaller yet large zelda maps with tons of interesting things before is exactly what makes me worried about this game lol

Samus Aran

really cool though that there's a new xenoblade coming plus the new canvas curse and the toad thing looks like it could be cool

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on June 10, 2014, 12:29:17 PM
nintendo would have one if not for the introduction of the figure bullshit. nobody wins

isn't this just an entirely optional extra though?? i'm sure they will be expensive so i might not honestly care about them in the slightest

it's not like their existence actually harms the games they're compatible with they just add special small features

though it WOULD have been nice if the whole "unique version of a character w/ level and stats" thing had been a mode already included in smash bros instead of just part of this figure thing, so i guess in that sense it kind of is DAY 1 ON-DISC DLC so thats kinda shitty

still idk i dont care much either way

Commander Fuckass

Ucharted 2 and TLOU  lead directors are directing Uncharted 4...

GUYS THERE IS HOPE IT MIGHT NOT SUCK
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

well i mean U3 wasn't awful or anything but it was pretty lame compared to 2 that's for sure

i'm really hoping 4 will be at least almost as good as 2

Nyerp

kirby and yoshi look good but i'll only consider captain toad if it's like $30

Hiro

Quote from: Khadafi on June 10, 2014, 12:26:16 PM
Quote from: y-i on June 10, 2014, 12:08:01 PM
well nintendo won
Shut up hiro.

You'd say that even if Nintendo revealed it supplied innovations directly to the army of Imperial Japan and Nazi Germany.  akudood;
are you fucking kidding me jmv goonish
all the other conferences were 90% games we knew about, here Ninteno showed an excellent new Zelda, Starfox, Captain Toad, Kirby Rainbow Curse, Mario Maker, Mario Party 10, Mario vs Donkey Kong, Splatoon, and 2 original projects that are being worked on.
Plus Layton x Ace Attorney and Fantasy Life are being localized, Devil's Third is being published by Nintendo now, and Yoshi's Wooly World & Pokemon OR/AS were actually shown.
not only this but they're also streaming shit all day, doing a Smash Bros tournament, and supposedly they have more announcements to make throughout E3.
honestly JMV when was the last time we've even talked to each other, just because I think Nintendo did a much better job today you're just going to pin the blind fanboy thing onto me?

Quote from: Presea Combatir on June 10, 2014, 12:34:58 PM
the fact that nintendo hasn't committed to actually filling smaller yet large zelda maps with tons of interesting things before is exactly what makes me worried about this game lol
well based on what Aonuma was saying during the reveal, this game's supposed to be a lot more exploration-based, the map doesn't look massive but it looks like a pretty nice size and seems pretty detailed.

Commander Fuckass

well you already have your hopes up of the next zelda being 'excellent' when all we saw was a 60 second short clip

so it really isn't that hard to pin that on you.
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Hiro

Quote from: Presea Combatir on June 10, 2014, 12:38:21 PM
though it WOULD have been nice if the whole "unique version of a character w/ level and stats" thing had been a mode already included in smash bros instead of just part of this figure thing, so i guess in that sense it kind of is DAY 1 ON-DISC DLC so thats kinda shitty
it is a mode you can use that's not just a part of the figures, in the figures' case it's CPU characters you can have either fight each other or assist you in battle that you can give custom attributes and will level up in battle just like your characters can. So basically it's like Pokemon for Smash Bros

Hiro

Quote from: Sif on June 10, 2014, 12:52:44 PM
well you already have your hopes up of the next zelda being 'excellent' when all we saw was a 60 second short clip

so it really isn't that hard to pin that on you.
zelda games are consistently great, and I'm a big fan of the art style, exploration-based games, and the supposed original Zelda influence SocksDood;

YPrrrr

Idk I'd say Nintendo had the most promise at E3 for sure

But Hiro I don't think you should use Mario Party 10 as part of your argument n_u

Go Up