July 02, 2024, 07:33:22 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Unofficial E3 Underdelivery Thread

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, May 23, 2014, 07:32:25 AM

previous topic - next topic

Who's the biggest loser this year?

Microsoft
5 (22.7%)
Nintendo
4 (18.2%)
Sony
3 (13.6%)
Ouya
3 (13.6%)
[glow=black,2,300]Us[/glow]
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

i'm going to lol so hard upon seeing splatoon's sales figures

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Presea Combatir on June 10, 2014, 12:38:21 PM
Quote from: Nyerp on June 10, 2014, 12:29:17 PM
nintendo would have one if not for the introduction of the figure bullshit. nobody wins

isn't this just an entirely optional extra though?? i'm sure they will be expensive so i might not honestly care about them in the slightest

it's not like their existence actually harms the games they're compatible with they just add special small features

though it WOULD have been nice if the whole "unique version of a character w/ level and stats" thing had been a mode already included in smash bros instead of just part of this figure thing, so i guess in that sense it kind of is DAY 1 ON-DISC DLC so thats kinda shitty

still idk i dont care much either way

it's only going to get worse

i can only hope that these figurines quickly become yet another footnote in nintendo's vast repertoire of heavily promoted but quickly forgotten about features and peripherals like the e reader and gameboy link cable, but because of the appeal of collectibility that comes along with figures i'm not exactly optimistic

Classic

One figure will be used in many games too.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectron on June 10, 2014, 04:39:30 PM
nintendo would have one if not for the introduction of the figure bullshit. nobody wins

isn't this just an entirely optional extra though?? i'm sure they will be expensive so i might not honestly care about them in the slightest

it's not like their existence actually harms the games they're compatible with they just add special small features

though it WOULD have been nice if the whole "unique version of a character w/ level and stats" thing had been a mode already included in smash bros instead of just part of this figure thing, so i guess in that sense it kind of is DAY 1 ON-DISC DLC so thats kinda shitty

i can only hope that these figurines quickly become yet another footnote in nintendo's vast repertoire of heavily promoted but quickly forgotten about features and peripherals like the e reader and gameboy link cable, but because of the appeal of collectibility that comes along with figures i'm not exactly optimistic

do you mean the gamecube-gba cable

because the older game boy link cable was actually quite successful and fondly remembered, largely because of pokemon red/blue/yellow

don't let's

Are those things basically the same kind of things as those Skylander and Disney Infinity things?

Commander Fuckass

all I know is that I want a Samus one just for the fuck of it
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Presea Combatir on June 10, 2014, 04:53:47 PM
Quote from: Tectron on June 10, 2014, 04:39:30 PM

do you mean the gamecube-gba cable

yes

Snowy

Quote from: Sif on June 10, 2014, 04:55:48 PM
all I know is that I want a Samus one just for the fuck of it
just buy the Samus figma

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

don't let's

Quote from: One Man Freak Show on June 10, 2014, 06:22:35 PM
That person in the Zelda trailer? Probably not Link.

Told you guys it was a girl. I bet it's Zelda, which was actually my first instinct. She's worn hoods before, she's used bows before, and it has her ear piercing.

eh?

Kalahari Inkantation

June 10, 2014, 07:02:21 PM #115 Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 07:11:54 PM by Tectron
now i'm a little disappointed, i had taken a liking to what i thought was his adorable new look despite finding it somewhat effeminate :(

Hiro

Quote from: Tectron on June 10, 2014, 07:02:21 PM
now i'm a little disappointed, i had taken a liking to what i thought was his adorable new look despite sfinding it somewhat effeminate :(
it is, it's just pre-puberty tween link this time
also i really like his new outfit, though i'm sure we'll get the green tunic not too far into the game

Daddy

the e-reader was cool but it was kind of crappy at reading.

so many swipes failed for being 2fast or 2slow

Quote from: … on June 10, 2014, 06:59:31 PM

Told you guys it was a girl. I bet it's Zelda, which was actually my first instinct. She's worn hoods before, she's used bows before, and it has her ear piercing.

eh?
what's up with this quote

Kalahari Inkantation

also i was hoping that was ww link's crayfish pajama shirt being worn in the trailer but apparently it isn't :'(

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Khadafi on June 10, 2014, 07:12:15 PM
Quote from: … on June 10, 2014, 06:59:31 PM

eh?
what's up with this quote

i think it's from outsid

Go Up