June 16, 2024, 06:17:49 AM

1,531,266 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Zelda spin-off "Hyrule Warriors" announced

Started by Samus Aran, December 18, 2013, 10:03:55 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

silvertone

Quote from: bluaki on June 27, 2014, 10:11:15 PM
Quote from: cybermancer on June 27, 2014, 05:59:14 PM
link wears the same clothes in pretty much every game tho.
Compared to every other outfit, his TP outfit has a darker shade of green and has a much more noticeable texture for details like fabric and hems that give it a hand-sewn appearance.

The Hyrule Warriors outfit has a scarf, blue gloves, shoulder armor, and glossier/regal-looking fabric

The other games' outfits biggest variation is in terms of whether he's wearing pants, gloves, and/or an undershirt. The undershirt varies between white (most 3D games), brown (most 2D games), and green (Toon Link)

but anyway, the difference in this alt costume isn't just clothes. Link's entire design, including hair color and face shape, changes to that of the Twilight Princess incarnation.
which looks pretty good when it comes to Realistic Zelda games

TooB

Fi fuckin confirmed. Jesus.... whats she gonna do? Tutorial people to death?

bluaki

Even more characters, OoT edition: Ruto (the Zora), Darunia (the Goron), and Sheik.

Also Link and Zelda have OoT costumes. They adapted these designs quite well to high-polygon.

That makes four costumes for the main duo: OoT, TP, SS, and Hyrule Warriors Original

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Hiro

Relevant scans:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I really like Sheik's design and the Deku Tree area

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Daddy

Quote from: bluaki on June 27, 2014, 05:35:14 PM

Link and Zelda both have a Twilight Princess alt costume as DLC.

why the fuck is there DLC planned like this before the game is even out or finished  akudood;

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Khadafi on July 25, 2014, 03:28:56 PM

why the fuck is there DLC planned like this before the game is even out or finished  akudood;
so do you tune out everything related to modern gaming or something
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Kalahari Inkantation

Daddy

Quote from: Commander Fuckass on July 25, 2014, 03:57:34 PM

I try.

But given nintendo's aversion to the internets I wasn't aware that DLC addons was something they do on their consoles

bluaki

Quote from: Khadafi on July 25, 2014, 04:12:17 PM
Quote from: Commander Fuckass on July 25, 2014, 03:57:34 PM

I try.

But given nintendo's aversion to the internets I wasn't aware that DLC addons was something they do on their consoles
Nintendo itself isn't that big with DLC, although it is growing

New Super Luigi U is available as a DLC addon over NSMBU, although it's also available separate at retail
Pikmin 3 has a few DLC missions in Challenge Mode which were released a few months after the game that cost a total of about $10.
Mario Golf 3DS has a few characters as DLC that were released a few weeks after the game.
There's some baseball minigame collection on 3DS that is F2P with additional minigames as DLC

Mario Kart, Pokemon, and Pikmin 3 have some free DLC in that it's extra game content made available at a later date

Hyrule Warriors is probably developed more by the Dynasty Warriors team than Nintendo, so the DLC is probably more their fault. In Japan, these costumes are part of some special edition copies of the game, but I don't think US has confirmed yet that this is DLC at all.

Go Up