June 24, 2024, 11:25:11 PM

1,531,272 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

METAL GEAR SOLID V A KONAMI GAME

Started by ME##, November 15, 2013, 04:46:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on March 18, 2014, 01:26:07 PM
i feel like between the sudden price drop and then hastily stapling peace walker to it as a bonus, they've already made some half-hearted attempts to do so

unsurprisingly, that wasn't enough lol
lol

time for kojima to leave konami like ueda with sony y/n

Snowy

It was really fun, don't get me wrong. The story of it (all 5 minutes of it) was good, but it was way too short for my tastes.

Though if this is any indication on how MGSV: TPP will play, then I'm thrilled.

Also Snake's new voice is awful

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: David on March 18, 2014, 01:29:14 PM
i feel like between the sudden price drop and then hastily stapling peace walker to it as a bonus, they've already made some half-hearted attempts to do so

lol

maybe this will finally convince him to make good on his desire to divorce himself from metal gear once and for all

[spoiler]

who am i kidding, it's kojima[/spoiler]

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on March 18, 2014, 01:31:37 PM
Quote from: David on March 18, 2014, 01:29:14 PM

lol

maybe this will finally convince him to make good on his desire to divorce himself from metal gear once and for all

[spoiler]

who am i kidding, it's kojima[/spoiler]

[spoiler]something tells me he doesn't really want to do that.  he just likes the attention it gets when 'fans' tell him that it would ruin the series lol[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on March 18, 2014, 01:35:51 PM
and they fall for his trix every time, smh
well, trix are for kids [glow=black,2,300]manchildren[/glow]

ME##

wow............. i just decided to check out how large ground zeroes is.  it's smaller than the last of us' expansion awdood;

Kalahari Inkantation

isn't it only like 1.8gb lol

that's less than the size of most cutscenes these days  (and i'd bet that 90% of that 1.8gb is cutscene)

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on March 18, 2014, 08:16:51 PM
isn't it only like 1.8gb lol

that's less than the size of most cutscenes these days  (and i'd bet that 90% of that 1.8gb is cutscene)
yes.  appalling really.

i really hope that the original intention was just marketing buzz and not to release them as stand-alone games, because christ that's pathetic lol

Samus Aran

ME##

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on March 25, 2014, 03:35:42 PM
so david

what'd you think
The game play is fine, unfortunately the story part of the game is abysmally short and honesty unsatisfactory.  Sutherland just rubs me the wrong way as Snake. 

Maybe I'll play some of the side missions before returning it

ME##

i'll put it this way:  the e3 2004 demo of mgs3 [which was basically virtuous mission], i found it a lot more enjoyable than ground zeroes and i couldn't wait for mgs3 to come out even with this wonky camera system.  mgsv however can take as long as it pleases to come out as long as kojima injects some charm back into it and fixes its issues.

another thing to note.  where mgs4 was a western-influenced mgs game, v so far seems to be a western game masquerading as mgs which is just unfortunate.

Patrick Stickles

so should i get v or no

i don't have any of them except the twin snakes
What the fuck was it for anyway?

ME##

Quote from: Patrick Stickles on March 25, 2014, 04:38:33 PM
so should i get v or no

i don't have any of them except the twin snakes
Getting V without at least playing 2-4 I would say isn't worth it, esp. since Snake Eater is amazing

Go Up