September 29, 2024, 08:37:25 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokémon X and Y

Started by bluaki, January 08, 2013, 09:05:37 AM

previous topic - next topic

Whichhhhh

Pokemon X
8 (16%)
Pokemon Y
9 (18%)
Froakie
5 (10%)
Chespin
2 (4%)
Fennekin
10 (20%)
Bulbasaur
4 (8%)
Squirtle
6 (12%)
Charmander
6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Go Down

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on October 19, 2013, 01:56:30 PM
dragalge
also patrick stickles is the guy from titus andronicus i think?
yes, but not the one on boyah
he's Bañana on outsid
also agreed about dragalge
I love [you]

Samus Aran

Quote from: NotFelt on October 19, 2013, 01:38:45 PM
psychic type moves are common though and toxicroak is double weak to that
also it's weak to flying type moves such as aerial ace due to being a fighting type

well yeah but you can always give it a dark type move to help cover it, and have other pokemon that can fight psychics instead

having one pokemon try to fight everything is probably a waste of move space for tms better suited for its strengths. no poke is without its weaknesses. isn't dark/ghost literally the only combo that has no weaknesses?

actually, hasn't that changed now due to fairy anyway? girl;

dragalge is cool tho yea

i still think nidoking and toxicroak are both very viable options for poison types though

Samus Aran

btw i think the big ol panda might be a more useful fighting/dark than scrafty but not sure yet

it's a weird typing but i dig it, fairy types will fuck them up though lol

bluaki

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on October 19, 2013, 02:09:07 PM
isn't dark/ghost literally the only combo that has no weaknesses?

actually, hasn't that changed now due to fairy anyway? girl;
Although Sableye and Spiritomb now have a Fairy weakness, there is one that still has no weaknesses

Eelektross is Electric+Levitate.

Samus Aran

Quote from: bluaki on October 19, 2013, 02:21:21 PM
Although Sableye and Spiritomb now have a Fairy weakness, there is one that still has no weaknesses

Eelektross is Electric+Levitate.

Mold Breaker eliminates this issue, which has fairly good distribution.

Notably, Haxorus has it, and he can learn Earthquake with a huge attack stat to back it. I'm not sure if any actual ground types can have Mold Breaker, though.

Samus Aran

x/y have improved a lot of little things that make the game much more fun to play and less cumbersome

simple things like menu optimization with having your pokemon displayed on the side so you know from your bag screen who needs healing, who can learn tms, etc. and doing multiple things for a pokemon via the restore option, where it actually even greys out tms it can't learn for you. also nice is that in the pokemon screen, you have an icon letting you know that a poke has a tm or hm it can use on the field, in case you needed a reminder i guess.

the menus also just look aesthetically a lot nicer imo. brighter colors, nicer fonts, nice big buttons.

descriptions are also less vague, which is great for abilities. it's no longer "powers up __ in a pinch," it's "powers up ___ when the pokemon is in trouble."

and it might just be me but the way the items are sorted seems to be a little neater than it was in white/black, which already improved on things a lot since games prior

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Hippopo on October 19, 2013, 12:29:34 PM
So I'm a fairy?  Way to stereotype me, pokemon!!!!

I'm somewhat jealous of your typing and PokĂ©mon.   :(

How the Hell do I get /both/ gen 6 pokes

Quote from: bluaki on October 19, 2013, 12:39:20 PM
MIB's Safari: Dedenne, Heliptile (Electric)

THANK YOU so much.  appreciated a lot.
too bad i got the ones already obtainable in Kalos. 

Quote from: bluaki on October 19, 2013, 12:34:14 PM
Who is Patrick Stickles?

Out of your list, the only ones not available normally in Kalos wild are Cacturne, Snorunt, Krabby, and Drowzee. Krabby is from Hiro's Safari.

http://boyah.net/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=199

H-Hiro hasn't added me.  It was someone else. 

Anyway, that's nice- I'll trade you these pokes if you want or actually to anybody here if you guys want. 

Quote from: Hippopo on October 19, 2013, 12:42:35 PM
Shouldn't MIB have three since he's a e4 champ?

H-how did you know???  Well, I just finished the game yesterday night.  I captured Zygarde, too.  I gotta explore more of the post-game. 
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

don't let's

Does pokemon teach stalking even more now?

Hiro

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on October 18, 2013, 05:33:28 PM
did my first wonder trade and got a japanese flabebe lol
I got a japanese Golem thumbup;

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on October 19, 2013, 02:12:10 PM
btw i think the big ol panda might be a more useful fighting/dark than scrafty but not sure yet

it's a weird typing but i dig it, fairy types will fuck them up though lol
I've had pancham and scraggy since level 8 each, now both up to 20, and pancham has been absolutely useless so far, he just dies all the time

Nyerp

i don't understand pokemon

Samus Aran

Quote from: who on October 19, 2013, 04:10:33 PM
I got a japanese Golem thumbup;

neat lol

btw, if i recall, doesn't breeding two pokemon of different-language regions increase the likelihood of a shiny pokemon offspring?

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on October 19, 2013, 04:13:49 PM
neat lol

btw, if i recall, doesn't breeding two pokemon of different-language regions increase the likelihood of a shiny pokemon offspring?
yes
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Samus Aran

Quote from: The Last MIB on October 19, 2013, 04:47:54 PM
yes

time to wonder trade my ass off then because it seems like jap pokes are common in it lol

bluaki

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on October 19, 2013, 04:13:49 PM
neat lol

Yes, the chances increase from 1/8192 to 1/1024

Foreign Dittos are most useful for this purpose, but other foreign pokémon are also useful if you want egg moves and whatnot as well. GTS is good for this too.

Hippopo

Quote from: The Last MIB on October 19, 2013, 03:29:38 PM
I'm somewhat jealous of your typing and PokĂ©mon.   :(
Yeah, I actually enjoy fairy type quite a bit.  I have a Carbinks on my team, and he's quickly turning into one of my favorite pokes.

I still need to find my sixth and final pokemon for my team though.  I'll probably need to find a pokemon to replace Beedrill as well, but he's still rocking it after three gyms.  In fact, he's one of my most dependable pokemon.

You know, I have to admit...  I haven't had this much fun with a pokemon game since Gen II.  They did a good job.

Go Up