September 29, 2024, 08:31:31 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokémon X and Y

Started by bluaki, January 08, 2013, 09:05:37 AM

previous topic - next topic

Whichhhhh

Pokemon X
8 (16%)
Pokemon Y
9 (18%)
Froakie
5 (10%)
Chespin
2 (4%)
Fennekin
10 (20%)
Bulbasaur
4 (8%)
Squirtle
6 (12%)
Charmander
6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Go Down

bluaki

October 18, 2013, 11:37:12 PM #795 Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 12:48:33 PM by bluaki
So the friend safaris for various boyagers seems to include:
Kaz: Beartic, Delibird (Ice)
Felt: Ferroseed, Klang (Steel)
Nyerp Brother: Delibird, Sneasel (Ice)
Wrench: Snover, Sneasel (Ice)
Hiro: Krabby, Gyarados (Water)
Snowy: Oddish, Petilil, Gogoat (Grass)
Notsid: Electrode, Helioptile (Electric)
Bluaki: Butterfree, Volbeat, Vivillon (Bug)
Hippo: Jigglypuff, Togepi (Fairy)
MIB: Dedenne, Helioptile (Electric)

Non-pokemon players have them too:
Tec: Farfetch'd, Hoothoot (Flying)
Tyler: Oddish, Swadloon (Grass)
Thyme: Lampent, Pumpkaboo (Ghost)
Silvertone: Oddish, Ivysaur (Grass)

Friend Safari is a post-E4 feature where basically for every 3DS friend you have there's another patch of grass you can access which has 2-3 wild pokemon available to catch. If that friend plays Pokémon, while they're online on PSS you can find hidden abilities in their safari. If they beat the Elite Four, a third Pokémon is added to their safari.

Some of these Pokémon aren't available anywhere else until PokeTransfer releases, including Klang, Krabby, Petilil, and Swadloon. Ivysaur is also available from Silvertone, which you can catch to get Bulbasaur even if you chose a different Kanto starter.

Among my other 3DS friends outside Boyah, I've gotten Wartortle, Paras, Mankey, Drowzee, Magmar, Beautifly, Munna, Tranquill, and Xatu.

Mando Pandango

goddamn. all these starters becoming available through other means. shit's wack.

afaik you haven't been able to get other starters in-game since yellow but i'm way out of the loop there so who knows.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Snowy

Blu, could you get me a Krabby egg? :o
Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on October 18, 2013, 11:40:35 PM
goddamn. all these starters becoming available through other means. shit's wack.

afaik you haven't been able to get other starters in-game since yellow but i'm way out of the loop there so who knows.
I think X/Y are the first ones since yellow to give you other ways to get the starters in the game, yes.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Samus Aran

Quote from: bluaki on October 18, 2013, 11:37:12 PM
So the friend safaris for various boyagers seems to include:
Kaz: Beartic, Delibird (Ice)
Felt: Ferroseed, Klang (Steel)
Nyerp Brother: Delibird, Sneasel (Ice)
Wrench: Snover, Sneasel (Ice)
Hiro: Krabby, Gyarados (Water)
Snowy: Oddish, Petilil, Gogoat (Grass)
Notsid: Electrode, Helioptile (Electric)
Bluaki: Butterfree, Volbeat, Vivillon (Bug)

Non-pokemon players have them too:
Tec: Farfetch'd, Hoothoot (Flying)
Tyler: Oddish, Swadloon (Grass)
Thyme: Lampent, Pumpkaboo (Ghost)
Silvertone: Oddish, Ivysaur (Grass)

Friend Safari is a post-E4 feature where basically for every 3DS friend you have there's another patch of grass you can access which has 2-3 wild pokemon available to catch. If that friend plays Pokémon, while they're online on PSS you can find hidden abilities in their safari. If they beat the Elite Four, a third Pokémon is added to their safari.

Some of these Pokémon aren't available anywhere else until PokeTransfer releases, including Klang, Krabby, Petilil, and Swadloon. Ivysaur is also available from Silvertone, which you can catch to get Bulbasaur even if you chose a different Kanto starter.

Among my other 3DS friends outside Boyah, I've gotten Wartortle, Paras, Mankey, Drowzee, Magmar, Beautifly, Munna, Tranquill, and Xatu.

dude this feature is fucking awesome

this game is blowing my mind on so many levels it's so fucking great

bluaki

Quote from: Snowy on October 18, 2013, 11:44:44 PM
Blu, could you get me a Krabby egg? :o
Do you have Hiro on your 3DS friend list? You can get it yourself by going to the Friend Safari.

It looks like you've already beaten the Elite Four.

bluaki

Quote from: Snowy on October 18, 2013, 11:44:44 PM
I think X/Y are the first ones since yellow to give you other ways to get the starters in the game, yes.
In Emerald version, I got one Johto starter as a reward for completing the Hoenn Pokedex.

In Pokemon Colosseum, although you pick one Johto starter at the beginning, near the end of the game you see the trainers again and have a chance to catch the other two.

Serebii claims that, not just Kanto starters, but also Kalos starters are available in friend safari, but none of my friends have them. Outside friend safari, Shauna gives you her newly-hatched starter offspring (the Kalos starter weak to yours) as soon as you finish the Elite Four.

Samus Aran

i'm pretty sure also in heartgold/soulsilver you get a kanto starter for beating red

Samus Aran

now if only there were johto starters somewhere in x/y...

bluaki

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on October 19, 2013, 12:02:17 AM
Starters and legendaries from gens 2-5 are completely missing in X/Y without poketransfer

between the 454-pokemon kalos dex and friend safari's possible pokemon, most of the rest are available somewhere to at least some people

YPrrrr

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on October 19, 2013, 12:02:17 AM
well once that pokemon bank is available ill have cyndaquils for trade :O
Quote from: bluaki on October 19, 2013, 12:12:36 AM
Starters and legendaries from gens 2-5 are completely missing in X/Y without poketransfer

between the 454-pokemon kalos dex and friend safari's possible pokemon, most of the rest are available somewhere to at least some people
well aside from torchic  n_u

Samus Aran

>eevee is a safari pokemon

but none of us generate it, huh? dang. hopefully at least SOMEONE on my friends list (i have some tumblr people too) will generate eevee, because catching eevees would be a much more enjoyable way to get all the eevees i need than just trading for them

YPrrrr

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on October 19, 2013, 01:44:10 AM
>eevee is a safari pokemon

but none of us generate it, huh? dang. hopefully at least SOMEONE on my friends list (i have some tumblr people too) will generate eevee, because catching eevees would be a much more enjoyable way to get all the eevees i need than just trading for them
you can actually catch them around route 10 i believe? They're by the gym with the hawlucha

Hippopo

Yeah, you can find eevee around those strange stone things.  It was the first pokemon I encountered there, but I haven't ran into one since.

Also, beedrill owns.

ME##

Go Up