June 22, 2024, 08:41:57 PM

1,531,270 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Skyward Sword

Started by Hiro, October 22, 2011, 02:54:16 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

don't let's

At first I didn't know that you could go faster while walking on ropes or crawling.

Kalahari Inkantation

i don't have the ability to swim yet, but flying and walking on ropes aren't all that hard imo befuddlement

but whenever i try to do a vertical slice, link's motion usually ends up being slightly diagonal and it doesn't register as vertical at all awdood;

Nyerp

can you charge your skyward strike at least??????

Travis

Quote from: Nyerp on January 23, 2012, 02:11:53 PM
that's one of the hardest and least responsive parts of the control scheme lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Nyerp on January 23, 2012, 02:11:53 PM

yes, that usually doesn't give my any trouble

it's really just vertical slashing myface;

bluaki

For me, the stab motion rarely works and gives me the most trouble. The skyward charge sometimes needs to be tried a couple times and the tightrope seems rather off, although they're both much more manageable.

Swimming, flying (including beetle), and basic slashes usually work fine for me except the rare times when the main calibration completely screws itself up.

Mando Pandango

Swimming was literally the only motion-control part of the game that gave me any real sort of trouble.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Nyerp

swimming was okay, i didn't have too much trouble with it

Travis

Quote from: Colonel Cold on the Cob on January 23, 2012, 06:40:03 PM
Swimming was literally the only motion-control part of the game that gave me any real sort of trouble.
swimming, bird flying, and beetle flying all have the exact same controls though

Dullahan

I just completed the Sandship, and despite that dungeon being easy, it's my favourite so far. So I haven't completed the game yet but I can give a quick review on how I feel about it.

[spoiler]I really do enjoy the game. In fact, I like it a lot more than its predecessor. However, I do find the motion control weak at some points, especially flying. I hate flying mechanics in almost every modern game I play, and this one seriously gives a good example of why I do. For every one of those three portals that link you from the sky to either Faron Woods, Eldin Mountain, or Lanayru Desert, it seems it takes you such a long time for you to travel back to Skyloft (whenever you need to return from the ground and onto your bird). Why? Because every time I'm out of boosts and I'm heading towards land, my bird fucking stops flying forward and remains flapping its wings in the same position, not moving, forcing me to raise my bird higher and dive it down to land, just for acceleration. Another problem I find is turning and positioning. I try to turn away from twisters in the sky, but my bird ends up fucking up the turn and hitting it anyway. As well, sometimes I fuck up whenever I'm flying into the green portal that takes you to the Thunderhead because the positioning is brutal.[/spoiler]

Other than that, I do enjoy the environment and gameplay of the game. It's basically the same format as any other Zelda game, which I don't mind. I really don't care for the cel shaded graphics, but as long as I can see what's happening in the game, I'm good. The replay value, which is very important to me, seems to be very high. I'll end up playing it again sometime in the future after I beat it. I still have to beat it to get a full opinion on it.  happydood;

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

i got to the desert

i should play this game mor

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Travis on January 23, 2012, 07:25:55 PM
swimming, bird flying, and beetle flying all have the exact same controls though
but swimming is in water which behaves differently, i guess
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Travis

Quote from: Colonel Cold on the Cob on January 29, 2012, 12:09:31 AM
but swimming is in water which behaves differently, i guess
i think it's in your mind

Mando Pandango

nah man, dem fluid dynamics and shit

water behaves differently than air

Nyerp

you don't have to worry about your fucking bird slowing down in water

Go Up