June 04, 2024, 06:45:20 PM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Skyward Sword

Started by Hiro, October 22, 2011, 02:54:16 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler]

what are the consequences of giving what's-his-face's letter to ???[/spoiler]

famy

Quote from: Sudoroodo on March 31, 2012, 03:53:21 PM
[spoiler]

what are the consequences of giving what's-his-face's letter to ???[/spoiler]
it reads it and he cries and it haunts him forever and you get gratitude shit from ??? |:

Kalahari Inkantation

koloktos or w/e was fun akudood;

Nyerp

best only good boss in game

Pyrate

I got upset and quit when you got kidnapped by Moblins and have to sneak out of their base.

It's been at least two months since I played, I think. The ending doesn't sound all that great. doodhuh;

me003

I got stuck on the end boss, haven't played in a while.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

crystalpepsi

It's still just sitting on my desk unopened lol.

Snowy

So, I finally started playing again.

Made it to the 5th dungeon.

FAMY2

I haven't played in so long I probably forgot everything.   saddood;

Patrick Stickles

i might restart this game again because it was certainly fun
What the fuck was it for anyway?

Kalahari Inkantation

the entire game should have taken place in the lanayru area

Kalahari Inkantation

June 18, 2012, 12:05:30 AM #521 Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:37:28 AM by Tectite
Quote from: Makaveli on November 08, 2011, 12:37:21 PM
QuoteSo you may hear common themes throughout the game, but they may change depending on who you're near or who you are talking to. Another thing we've done is, as you play deeper into the game you'll find scenes where people are actually singing songs, which is something that we haven't done in Zelda games in the past.

neat

wasn't this only true of the bazaar awdood;

[spoiler]unless they're talking about dungeons and "who you're near" is the boss akudood;[/spoiler]

Quote from: Tectite on November 11, 2011, 08:54:32 AM
http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1212220p1.html

lol i knew i had a legitimate reason to worry about the soundtrack

not only is it the lowest of the five scores, but they describe it almost exactly the same way they described phantom hourglass' score, which they also gave a completely undeserved 9:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/822/822825p3.html

And we all know that in reality, despite the reasonable scores it tended to get, Phantom Hourglass has the worst soundtrack in Zelda history.  "One of the strongest on DS" is an outright lie, and I would honestly have given it a 3/10. goodjob;

well this is really disappointing lol awdood;

okay, well in the end the music wasn't too terrible :|

Quote from: Fuck on November 14, 2011, 10:34:49 AM
~i don't give a shit what anyone says i'll still enjoy the heck out of this game~

Quote from: Kana Minami on November 14, 2011, 11:04:53 AM
yeah i'm excited, this is going to be wonderful

ifeelbetter;

Quote from: Tectite on November 19, 2011, 12:23:24 PM
it looks fun cry;

[spoiler=not really a spoiler]and honestly, despite my incessant whining and aside from the tedium of many of the parts not pertinent to the story, it was awdood;[/spoiler]

Quote from: Colonel Cold on the Cob on November 22, 2011, 01:33:14 AM
Fucking gold deku babas

hardest enemies in game srsly

Quote from: Patrick Stickles on November 24, 2011, 06:07:43 PM
i just finished the game

[spoiler=end game discussion don't look]

also the hardest part about that sequence was probably the whole hordes of enemies thing.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=end game discussion don't look]Really? befuddlement

demise was by far the most difficult for me, i needed two full potions myface;[/spoiler]

Quote from: Fuck on November 24, 2011, 11:32:55 PM
okay fuck the pumpkin-carrying minigame akudood;

fuck; the pumpkin shooting minigame srsly

Quote from: Fuck on November 27, 2011, 01:55:20 AM
[spoiler]well it's not like i DIED on it or anything, but just why? why recycle the most loathed elements of recent zelda games and combine them into these ungodly segments?? "we know you think it's tedious as hell, so we'll stick it in again in an attempt to ramp up the difficulty." is that really their logic behind this? i just don't get it.[/spoiler]

agreed, these were the most tedious parts directly related to the story madood;

[spoiler]

still, i found them much more enjoyable than similar sequences in the ds games, mostly because there's a sense of urgency and excitement and the areas are far more (temporally and spatially) compact[/spoiler]

Quote from: Kana Minami on November 28, 2011, 04:35:20 AM
Did anyone else notice how the music in that dungeon had more complexity to it when you were in the central rooms, and how it toned down in rooms that branched off from the main path? That was pretty cool.

yeah that was neat

Quote from: Fuck on November 28, 2011, 11:23:29 AM
wow holy shit could the harp controls BE more broken and unresponsive? fuck this goddamn pumpkin landing minigame.

srsly jesus that was awful fuck;

Kalahari Inkantation

June 18, 2012, 12:56:40 AM #522 Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:05:28 AM by Tectite
Quote from: Fuck on November 28, 2011, 11:23:29 AM
wow holy shit could the harp controls BE more broken and unresponsive? fuck this goddamn pumpkin landing minigame.

Quote from: silvertone on November 28, 2011, 02:43:59 PM
is it Worse than Spirit Tracks

you're given so little control over what you can do with it, and what little control you have really does feel p. broken lol

I didn't think it was possible, but yes, it's even worse than the Spirit Flute. awdood;

Quote from: Fuck on November 28, 2011, 05:02:55 PM
[spoiler]>THE ENTIRE SAND SEA AREA[/spoiler]

ugh seriously, the lanayru area provided easily the most enjoyment of any area in the game, and ~by far~ the most continuous enjoyment (i can't remember being bored/annoyed/underwhelmed in lanayru at any point after entering lanayru mines) of any of the ss areas and perhaps even more than any area i can think of in the other 3d zeldas lol (((not that many of them can be easily divided into distinct "areas" but lol))) :'(

the entire game should have taken place there ghouldood;

Quote from: Fuck on November 29, 2011, 01:49:01 PM
[spoiler]holy shit that 5th boss squid;

also i had link sleep in zelda's bed RUB IT[/spoiler]

[glow=black,2,300]tentalus[/glow] and especially [glow=black,2,300]koloktos[/glow] were easily my favorite of the dungeon bosses (some of the non-dungeon ones were p. great too) bassir;

Quote from: Fuck on November 29, 2011, 11:31:28 PM
oh also, fi is retarded and redundant and pointless and more annoying than navi 5thgrade;

srsly, and i didn't even find navi particularly annoyoing

Quote from: Fuck on December 01, 2011, 02:46:27 PM
[spoiler]
The Tadtones (my newband namee)[/spoiler]

lol

yeah, i expected much worse and was pleasantly surprised when it was only slightly annoying sillydood;

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on December 02, 2011, 11:55:31 AM
Post-game spoiler:
[spoiler]It kind of sucks that you need to overwrite your save file in order to do Hero Mode. It makes me seriously wish I hadn't wasted my time getting 100%. akudood;[/spoiler]

thank gourd i copied mine before finishing it girl;

although i forgot to check my total time, but it was probably somewhere in the mid-50 hour area

Quote from: Fuck on December 03, 2011, 09:15:45 PM
[spoiler=srs spoils]>mfw link uses his triforce wish to cause the final dungeon to come crashing down onto where the main villain is sealed, crushing him to death AWESOME[/spoiler]

lol that was p. awesome

the entire ending sequence, from the final dungeon to the final boss was amazing n_n

Quote from: Fuck on December 03, 2011, 11:38:11 PM
omg i beat it :(

[spoiler]why did impa disappear at the end?

what the hell is hero mode??? i chose not to do it[/spoiler]

[spoiler=spoiler]i wondered about that too, but then she reappeared outside of the temple during the credits befuddlement

i want an explanation idgi

And same. srsly[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

June 18, 2012, 01:18:09 AM #523 Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:42:32 AM by Tectite
Quote from: Fuck on December 04, 2011, 12:16:59 AM
Quote[spoiler]...but it is easier to mimic Demise and point the Master Sword to the sky. This will charge the Master Sword with electricity, allowing Link to attack with a Skyward Strike and paralyze Demise, making him vulnerable to attack.[/spoiler]

WAIT WHAT

oh well

i would not have figured that out without the help of the internet

Quote from: Fuck on December 04, 2011, 12:16:59 AM[spoiler]...i don't really like the idea of ganon just being a reincarnation of demise's hatred or whatever :([/spoiler]

neither do i lol, that seems so cheap awdood;

Quote from: Fuck on December 04, 2011, 12:16:59 AM
tp didn't have the sacred tear trials and thus is automatically better :D

idk this game just seemed kinda barebones compared to any of the other 3d zeldas

[spoiler]honestly, i think i slightly preferred ss :'([/spoiler]

Quote from: Colonel Cold on the Cob on December 04, 2011, 12:17:54 AM
The only barebones part of this game was the overworld, IMO.

agreed

it was almost completely unnecessary

Quote from: Fuck on December 05, 2011, 01:03:25 PM
i like how nintendo's response to the complaints about tp's fetch quests/collectathon parts was to put twice as many into this game befuddlement

seriously

Quote from: Fuck on December 05, 2011, 01:12:34 PM
making things timed and with the threat of insta-death is the polar opposite of fixing them, sorry befuddlement

oh wait

i thought you were talking about the side quests and inter-dungeon downtime >.<

Quote from: Fuck on December 06, 2011, 01:55:53 PM
[spoiler]you know...it kind of seems like they threw away any interesting traits ganon could have by explaining everything away by saying "oh he's evil because he's a reincarnation blah blah"...[/spoiler]

yeah, agreed awdood;

Quote from: Fuck on December 06, 2011, 01:55:53 PM
we've now [...] gone MUCH further into the future than we ever needed to...unless the next game has link going into space, i think it's time nintendo puts this series to rest n_n

When did we go to the future? befuddlement

[spoiler]and yeah, agreed ifeelbetter;[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Fuck on December 06, 2011, 02:31:11 PM
uh so one of the dipshits at outsider posted this pile of nonsense (it's full of spoilers):

[spoiler][/spoiler]

how...how could you be so fucking retarded about this? where in the world does the game state that something with two versions of itself from two different times can't both exist in the same era? how fucking autistic do you have to be to even think about something like this being a thing that nintendo would do intentionally or even recognize?

there's a point in the game where a character wants there to be a tree in a certain spot, but can't grow one. link travels back in time, plants the tree (which allegedly takes a long time to grow), returns to the present, and finds the tree fully grown there. the other character then acts like the tree just fucking appeared there out of nowhere and link continues on his merry way. nintendo is clearly NOT CONCERNED WITH MAKING 100% COHERENT PLOTS AND TIME LOOPS SO STOP FUCKING TRYING TO INSERT THEM WHERE THEY DON'T FUCKING FIT YOU GOD DAMNED RETARDS.

i fucking loathe zelda fans

lmao

why is it so difficult for zelda retards to realize that zelda games are riddled with plot holes simply because the story has never been and never will be the primary focus of nintendo games and it makes absolutely no sense to try to extrapolate some hidden meaning from them

i don't think there has ever been even a single intelligent zelda """fan""" awdood;

Quote from: Kana Minami on December 06, 2011, 02:31:25 PM
but yeah i dunno it will be harder to just keep making zeldas in 3d from this point onward i think, idk

well, there's whatever happened between phantom hourglass and spirit tracks, plus whatever is supposed to happen (if anything, but it would be extremely anticlimactic and disappointing to end the wind waker timeline right there awdood;) after spirit tracks, if nintendo ever wants to touch the wind waker story again goowan

Quote from: Fuck on December 06, 2011, 02:34:01 PM
now people won't read my other post kaz akudood;

well as long as aforementioned DIPSHIT fantards exist, nintendo will keep appeasing them with sequels and prequels out the ass

if they made another game that doesn't obviously fit in anywhere on the "time" "line" (which i personally wouldn't mind if they did), those shitheads would implode

i wouldn't mind either, i miss the random carefree games like oracle of ages/seasons awdood;

Quote from: Kana Minami on December 06, 2011, 02:35:49 PM
i am not necessarily opposed to more sequels and prequels and whatever the fuck as long as they keep being great games

but nintendo is seriously limiting itself creatively when trying to connect these games to each other :(

honestly awdood;

Quote from: Fuck on December 13, 2011, 05:15:39 PM
most of everything in this game is useless

the wallets, the upgrades, the bottles, the medals, the heart pieces

the game doesn't provide the challenge or need for most of these

srs lol

>the [glow=black,2,300]whip[/glow]

Go Up