September 27, 2024, 04:59:37 AM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Demon's Souls

Started by strongbad, October 18, 2009, 01:49:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

WTF I FUCKING LOST MY PURE WHITE TENDENCY?? JUST BY TURNING THE FUCKING GAME ON???? FUCK THIS GAME how do i get it back what the FUCK

Kalahari Inkantation

July 18, 2015, 02:30:43 PM #196 Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 02:40:59 PM by Tectron
what world were you in when you noticed it'd gone down

this could be one of two things:

1. the internet is a variable in the game's tendency calculations - if the average aggregated tendency of all the players on your server is closer to black, it'll move your own closer to black; if the average is closer to white it'll move yours closer to white (though considering the game's mostly dead online, that really shouldn't affect you too much if at all)

2. you only ever achieved pure white tendency in the tower of latria but you've now moved on to a different world, note that changes in tendency are always world-specific (eg you can be pure black in one world and pure white in another and any tendency changes that occur in one world have no effect whatsoever on your status in the others)

Nyerp

July 18, 2015, 03:49:08 PM #197 Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 03:57:09 PM by Nyerp
i had just turned the game on and was in the nexus. it must have been the internet thing. i was able to free rydell but not do any of the other shit in 3-1. do i just have to wait for the random internet thing to get it back up to pure or am i fucked and have to kill the boss of 3-3? ugh

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Nyerp on July 18, 2015, 03:49:08 PM
i had just turned the game on and was in the nexus. it must have been the internet thing. i was able to free rydell but not do any of the other shit in 3-1. do i just have to wait for the random internet thing to get it back up to pure or am i fucked and have to kill the boss of 3-3? ugh

i'm not sure why that would have happened befuddlement

while it's possible it was indeed other players on your server dragging your tendency down, i kind of doubt it because of just how limited demon's souls' online activity is today

are you certain you didn't die in human form in world 3

what you could try is playing offline and see if that helps

also the other thing is that once physical barriers to tendency events/items are removed by achieving pure white tendency in world 3, they should never return even if your tendency falls later on, i have no idea why the other things would still be inaccessible to you

worst case scenario, yes, you may have to beat the boss of 3-3 in order to unlock everything else

Nyerp

i know i didn't die as a human. i killed myself in the nexus.

i never actually went to 3-1 with pure tendency, just 3-2. so i guess the game didn't count that to remove the barriers?

Nyerp

lmao i think i shot up 10 levels thanks to 4-2 goonish

Nyerp

July 19, 2015, 12:45:40 PM #201 Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 01:01:25 PM by Nyerp
what should i do with satsuki? his sword is garbage, but giving it back to him will just make him attack me. and killing him apparently lowers world tendency. should i just put his shit sword in storage and ignore him forever????

edit: fuck it i'll just ignore him

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Nyerp on July 18, 2015, 08:17:31 PM
i know i didn't die as a human. i killed myself in the nexus.

i never actually went to 3-1 with pure tendency, just 3-2. so i guess the game didn't count that to remove the barriers?

you shouldn't have to, once you achieve pure tendency in any world the effects should be immediate and worldwide

not to mention, there isn't even a way to get back to 3-1 from 3-2 without warping to the nexus

i honestly can't think of a single explanation for why you'd have been able to access some of latria's pure white tendency events but not others befuddlement

just beat 3-3's boss and hope that fixes it i guess lol

Kalahari Inkantation

as for satsuki, yes, i'd ignore him until you're done with the white tendency events in world 4

Nyerp

lol i think the only white tendency events are to get his sword and give it to him

i'll ignore him just to make 4-3 easier i guess

Samus Aran

that asshole attacked me while i was fighting an invader at the same time once

fuck satsuki

also, yeah makoto is only a good weapon to lower your health with to the point of being given a bonus with the clever cat ring, not to actually use as a weapon. you equip it, let your health drain, switch to desired weapon and cat ring, enjoy attack boost at the cost of your health being really low

Snowy

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on July 19, 2015, 06:58:45 PM
that asshole attacked me while i was fighting an invader at the same time once

fuck satsuki

also, yeah makoto is only a good weapon to lower your health with to the point of being given a bonus with the clever cat ring, not to actually use as a weapon. you equip it, let your health drain, switch to desired weapon and cat ring, enjoy attack boost at the cost of your health being really low
Makoto is really good for PVP since it has really high bleed on it, but that's about it. Hiltless could even be used.

Nyerp

5-2 was the hardest level yet thanks to those 2 fucking giant guys holy shit smithicide;

also is it just me or was the boss fight literally just a mobile version of 5-1's boss lol

Samus Aran

yep, 5-2 and 5-1 have pretty much the exact same boss, except 5-2's is even easier because it's even weaker to fire. you can literally kill it with one cast of firestorm if you run right up to it and cast it.

Nyerp

dragon god was...interesting befuddlement but it was kind of anticlimactic since 2-3 was just a hallway and the boss fight

[spoiler]i still managed to die twice on him goowan[/spoiler]

Go Up