June 07, 2024, 02:17:51 PM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Demon's Souls

Started by strongbad, October 18, 2009, 01:49:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

yes, always

losing your humanity outside of the nexus reduces your chances for achieving white tendency (and thus inhibits you from partaking in certain white tendency events) and does make the game slightly more difficult per human-form death (by bringing your tendency down)

the only time it ever makes sense to die in human form outside of the nexus is if you want darker tendency for black tendency events lol

Nyerp

oh ok >_<' Demon's Souls: Prepare to Kill Yourself Edition

Kalahari Inkantation

basically

but at least i can fulfill my desire to leap from great heights to my demise vicariously through my character happydood;

Samus Aran

plus i mean the scream that male characters make upon falling to their death in human form in this game is hilarious

Nyerp

so if you're too overburdened too pick up a weapon and then you leave the level, it's gone forever right?

Kalahari Inkantation

Nyerp

thats shitty

i lost the crushing battle axe

Kalahari Inkantation

make good use of stockpile thomas on every return to the nexus so that doesn't happen, you should only ever be carrying with you the absolute necessities

also i'm willing to bet you had some consumables or lesser gear that you could have disposed of, you should always prioritize new gear over things like grass/arrows/abundant ore etc.

Snowy

oh yeah, I think you can leave all the stones with him and still upgrade stuff? It's been a while since I've played but I think you can just give all of them to him.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Snowy on July 08, 2015, 06:19:24 AM
oh yeah, I think you can leave all the stones with him and still upgrade stuff? It's been a while since I've played but I think you can just give all of them to him.

yes you can, i don't believe you ever need to have any upgrade materials on you

Nyerp

am i stuck on this island thing unless i free yurt? should i just free him and kill him immediately?? im scared >_<'

Thyme

[spoiler]
Quote from: Nyerp on July 12, 2015, 02:07:50 PM
should i just free him and kill him immediately??

yes[/spoiler]

Nyerp

Nyerp

wtf that phantom mindflayer :'(

Samus Aran

Lmao yeah those black phantom mindflayers are awful. there's two of them (unless your world tendency is closer to black)

Aside from the spell that completely nullifies magic, the best way to kill any mindflayer is probably to make them miss with something and then run up to them asap and whack at them repeatedly because they have no poise and will be stunned by p much any attack.

Also, that electric green ball they shoot to stun you...even if it misses, they will still run up to you as if you were stunned, so you can take that as an opportunity to kill them.

Go Up