Microsoft opening stores next to Apple this fall.

Started by The artist formally known, July 17, 2009, 02:40:25 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

But what will they sell in there? Their OS and a couple 360s?

Lozal

powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Title

I doubt the stores will be as prevalent as the Apple Stores..meaning they'll open at a few select locations but they won't be all over the place...

strongbad

Quote from: reefer on July 17, 2009, 02:40:25 AM
But what will they sell in there? Their OS and a couple 360s?

They have just as many products to sell as Apple, if not more. A shit load of software, probably a few desktops and laptops running vista, 360 stuff, Zune stuff.

Hiro

Plus they makes keyboards and stuff and maybe they can have Surface to attract people.

Infel

They'd gain a much larger crowd by selling Jet Black something-or-others.

I know for fucking sure that if they finished the "Surface" they'd make a killing selling anything in their store just because people would come to see the Surface. iPhone does a lot of what the Surface does but there are some just purely bad-ass features like transferring photos from a phone to another phone.

I think they should just streamline their products, the look of almost all their products are all over the place while Apple has a very specific look. Sure other problems are there but just step in the right direction.

Feynman

Quote from: reefer on July 18, 2009, 07:05:57 AM
I know for fucking sure that if they finished the "Surface" they'd make a killing selling anything in their store just because people would come to see the Surface. iPhone does a lot of what the Surface does but there are some just purely bad-ass features like transferring photos from a phone to another phone.

I think they should just streamline their products, the look of almost all their products are all over the place while Apple has a very specific look. Sure other problems are there but just step in the right direction.

Microsoft is a very large company with a lot of departments and products, whereas everything Apple makes is designed by the same few guys in Jobs's garage. akudood;

Daddy

Zach

What really cracks me up is that Apple is shitting themselves over those "laptop hunter" commercials. One of Apple's marketing guys called up someone at Microsoft and told them to pull those ads because they were so effective.

Daddy

Quote from: Zach on July 19, 2009, 07:58:15 PM
What really cracks me up is that Apple is shitting themselves over those "laptop hunter" commercials. One of Apple's marketing guys called up someone at Microsoft and told them to pull those ads because they were so effective.
The fact that the only source for that happening is from Microsoft I think I'm going to need some logs of the call and not just a microsoft rep saying it happened.

It's like MSNBC a few days ago when they reported about how 'experts' do not find Chrome OS secure.

Quote from: Zach on July 19, 2009, 07:58:15 PM
I think it's completely stupid that Apple was mad at Microsoft. Apple was "the first to throw the stone" with their horrid PC guy and Mac guy.

ME##

Quote from: Prowling Kewn on July 19, 2009, 08:33:48 PM
It's like MSNBC a few days ago when they reported about how 'experts' do not find Chrome OS secure.

[spoiler][move][/move][/spoiler]

Daddy

Quote from: reefer on July 19, 2009, 11:06:05 PM
I think it's completely stupid that Apple was mad at Microsoft. Apple was "the first to throw the stone" with their horrid PC guy and Mac guy.
John Hodgman is awesome. madood;

Quote from: Prowling Kewn on July 20, 2009, 02:47:38 AM
John Hodgman is awesome. madood;
Not in the commercials, I've been meaning to find if it was in it Attack of the Show, I knew it.

Go Up