May 12, 2024, 02:26:51 PM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

Houdini

Quote from: DecembeR on June 08, 2007, 09:06:39 PM
Quote from: General Grievous on June 07, 2007, 07:57:19 AM
Alright Houdini, I think you can lay off now. You're starting to sound like some converter.

No I like it. It's so true.
It's like in a stereotypical all-black baptist church where the preacher is literally screaming about loving thy neighbor or something and some random guy stands up and shouts "You tell 'em, brotha!"

Pancake Paraphernalia

Quote from: Houdini on June 08, 2007, 09:21:53 PM
Alright Houdini, I think you can lay off now. You're starting to sound like some converter.

It's like in a stereotypical all-black baptist church where the preacher is literally screaming about loving thy neighbor or something and some random guy stands up and shouts "You tell 'em, brotha!"

=)
I don't see how people can actually believe god is real. Okay, maybe a 2 or 3 year old might think "Oh mommy! God is Magic!" but how does it possibly make sense???
number stations

Houdini

Quote from: DecembeR on June 09, 2007, 06:11:27 PM

=)
I don't see how people can actually believe god is real. Okay, maybe a 2 or 3 year old might think "Oh mommy! God is Magic!" but how does it possibly make sense???
Because they teach you to believe it's true when you're really little, so you grow up never questioning it.

Pancake Paraphernalia

Quote from: Houdini on June 09, 2007, 08:48:37 PM

=)
Because they teach you to believe it's true when you're really little, so you grow up never questioning it.

But that's just stupid! People tell their kids that there's a real monster in their closet and when the grow up, they shouldn't still believe those things.
number stations

Buffy

I will admit, I'm starting to doubt that God is real. I still kind of believe, but I'm thinking about this much more.

Pancake Paraphernalia

Quote from: Buffy on June 10, 2007, 09:16:42 AM
I will admit, I'm starting to doubt that God is real. I still kind of believe, but I'm thinking about this much more.

*cough* Yes! *cough* See the point that where does heaven lie and where does hell? Where is God? Why won't he answer my prayer of my parents winning the lottery?
number stations

Buffy

Quote from: DecembeR on June 10, 2007, 10:15:10 AM

*cough* Yes! *cough* See the point that where does heaven lie and where does hell? Where is God? Why won't he answer my prayer of my parents winning the lottery?
I've prayed to God for the past year now about quitting this addiction I have. God has given me no strength to quit. I've asked many times, but no. No answer, no sign. It just doesn't seem right anymore. I've always wondered my whole life if there really was a God, but I was too afraid to think about it. I've always doubted, but seeing a few arguments was the final nail in the coffin, i guess.

mariofreak55

It's a faith system guys. I have faith, and I'm not changing that. If you don't have faith, it's not like we can convince you with facts.

Obviously, God isn't something that's physically there. So how would we go about trying to convince you with facts?

6M69I69B9

Quote from: MILADMAAAN on June 10, 2007, 06:11:34 PM
It's a faith system guys. I have faith, and I'm not changing that. If you don't have faith, it's not like we can convince you with facts.

Obviously, God isn't something that's physically there. So how would we go about trying to convince you with facts?
For the whole time I though you were athiest. psyduck;
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Pancake Paraphernalia

What convinced you that he's there?
number stations

6M69I69B9

Quote from: DecembeR on June 10, 2007, 06:41:10 PM

Faith. awesome;
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Pancake Paraphernalia

Quote from: Original_MIB on June 10, 2007, 06:41:55 PM

Faith. awesome;

Wrong question.
correction: Who convinced you he's real? And How?
number stations

Necro

Quote from: DecembeR on June 10, 2007, 08:54:39 AM
Quote from: Houdini on June 09, 2007, 08:48:37 PM

=)

But that's just stupid! People tell their kids that there's a real monster in their closet and when the grow up, they shouldn't still believe those things.
But that's because kids grow balls, and can eventually look into the closet, and see for themselves that it's not real. Though the same can be true about god, the boogey-man is a myth, and was made and brought into society as a myth, just to scare children. When christ came into the picture, it was probably intended to be taken seriously, and was, and became a part of modern society. Hence, christ doesn't sound as ridiculous as things like the boogey-man, even if from a scientific point of view, it is.
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Buffy on June 10, 2007, 10:43:18 AM

I've prayed to God for the past year now about quitting this addiction I have. God has given me no strength to quit. I've asked many times, but no. No answer, no sign. It just doesn't seem right anymore. I've always wondered my whole life if there really was a God, but I was too afraid to think about it. I've always doubted, but seeing a few arguments was the final nail in the coffin, i guess.
What exactly is your addiction? If you already posted it, well, I don't feel like reading everything in this thread for a second time.

Faith. awesome;
...Ignorance is not an answer.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

iamhollywood

Quote from: Lawlz on June 11, 2007, 06:34:18 PM
Quote from: Buffy on June 10, 2007, 10:43:18 AM

*cough* Yes! *cough* See the point that where does heaven lie and where does ****? Where is God? Why won't he answer my prayer of my parents winning the lottery?
What exactly is your addiction? If you already posted it, well, I don't feel like reading everything in this thread for a second time.

Faith. awesome;
...Ignorance is not an answer.

Faith isn't ignorance. **by the way. I am a Christian. And with those four words you probably just stereotyped me--whether or not you admit or deny it you did. Human nature--Just letting you know where I sort of come from. We can go into my personal beliefs another time** I accept my basis of beliefs with faith. You accept your beliefs with faith.Surely you already knew that though.

Go Up