May 23, 2024, 06:45:57 AM

1,531,628 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

YPrrrr

January 15, 2009, 08:59:24 PM #750 Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 07:24:58 AM by YPR
Quote from: Sam on January 15, 2009, 08:01:21 PM
...Do you even realize that you pretty much just said there's no God? I mean, if the people are the ones "making" the force, that would appear to be what you're saying.

Well when I'm explaining it to an athiest I feel uncomfortable saying it's because of God that people feel more secure, because then they'll just throw my argument out as bullshit since it's being associated with something they don't believe in. So instead I'm trying to explain the rationale for such a belief.
When relisious people pray to God, they 'know' it's going to work, so it does (no matter what, as shown in the video).

I don't really expect much out of it to be honest... Most things are up to people

Religion is all in the mind... I think you know it as much as the rest of us YPR. But hey, if you somehow still have the power to believe in a God, rock on. Statistically you'll live longer, healthier lives than the rest of us.
Probably won't because I'm poisoning my liver, but thanks for the sentiment... not that longevity is really a contest to me.

Himu

February 04, 2009, 10:30:57 PM #751 Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 10:36:56 PM by Cyanide
Over the years my mind has changed on many subjects.  I guess you could say I was brainwashed by my parents.  I think for myself now, which took enough time, but anyway.

I'm agnostic.  I do think there is a possibility, but Christianity itself turned me away from it.  Being in a strictly devote Baptist family, I was subjected to many many sermons.  I liked it I admit, but it all went wrong when there was a new pastor who's preaching consisted of "disproving" other beliefs.  Even though I have an annoying individuality kind of personality, it didn't bother me at first.  Though he basically made himself seem like a dumbass.  "Evolution is dumb there are no transitional forms blah blah blah".  Again, it didn't really bother me.  Now this is when I started getting a rebellious behaviour toward Christianity.  "Evolution isn't true because in the Bible it said God created the universe".  "Evolution isn't right because God exists and that proof is the Bible".  That, along with me finding many contradictions to the "perfect" word of God turned me away completely.  Other things in the Bible that I believed were wrong really got under my skin.  Christianity doesn't NEED proof.  The only proof you would need is your faith.

In other words:  It's not that I think God doesn't exist.  Sometimes I think I was led away by bad preachers, and sometimes I really wish I could become a Christian again.  Like I said I'm not denying the possibility.  I just think evolution makes more sense, and that if being a Christian means scorning people for having rights, especially since it's their OWN life, then I simply don't want to be a part of it.

Wow.  I can't believe that actually came out of me. baddood;

Feynman

February 05, 2009, 03:29:59 PM #752 Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 03:33:42 PM by Bassir
Religion was created to unify groups of people and create a culture. The creation of God was to provide an entity that enforces the rules of the religion, and force people to follow it and keep true to the morals.

I think that since society doesn't need religion to keep morality anymore, it shouldn't be practiced, and in modern society, it's drifting us away from each other.

I am agnostic. I'm not an atheist because I can't confirm the nonexistence of a God, nor can I confirm the existence.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Bassir on February 05, 2009, 03:29:59 PM

I am agnostic. I'm not an atheist because I can't confirm the nonexistence of a God, nor can I confirm the existence.
Doesn't that make everyone agnostic?

Travis

Quote from: YPR on February 05, 2009, 03:37:30 PM
Yes, but he also doesn't have any personal beliefs.  doodthing;

Daddy

Quote from: YPR on February 05, 2009, 03:37:30 PM
I confirm that I deny the existence of a diety

Det in F♯ Major

i believe in magic in a young girl's heart
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Slim

i believe that each and every one of us have a soulmate somewhere out there <3
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

Bolivian Army

Quote from: Slim on February 05, 2009, 03:58:56 PM
i believe that each and every one of us have a soulmate somewhere out there <3

how far out there? yes;

Donate now to the Guff Is Great foundation. baddood;

rdl

if i didn't believe in god i'd have shot myself in the head by now baddood;

actually no i dont own any handguns. so to be more accurate, i would've stabbed myself happydood;

Ezloﺕ

Quote from: RDX on February 05, 2009, 05:26:56 PM
if i didn't believe in god i'd have shot myself in the head by now baddood;

actually no i dont own any handguns. so to be more accurate, i would've stabbed myself happydood;
why is that
:)

Daddy

Ezloﺕ

:)

Slim

Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

Bolivian Army

Donate now to the Guff Is Great foundation. baddood;

Go Up