June 05, 2024, 11:04:26 PM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lawlz on January 01, 2009, 02:23:58 AM
Most conflicts are caused by things other than religion.

eg. "MAN WHAT YOU DOIN' STEPPIN' ON MY NEW JORDANS, DOG"
I agree.

Religion can start conflicts, sure, but people will find any excuse to start something

FAMY2

Quote from: YPR on January 01, 2009, 07:54:15 PM
I agree.

Religion can start conflicts, sure, but people will find any excuse to start something

Michigan is better than Ohio.  It really is easy to start a conflict. Just stating an opinion can get a reaction.   :3

l a c e y

this thread is like terrible.

Slim

Quote from: l a c e y on January 14, 2009, 06:57:31 AM

It wasn't before you posted.

And to give this post some content, no, I do not believe in God.
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

YPrrrr

Quote from: FAMY2 on January 14, 2009, 05:57:53 AM
Michigan is better than Ohio.  It really is easy to start a conflict. Just stating an opinion can get a reaction.   :3
Who won the Toledo War? n_u

FAMY2

Quote from: YPR on January 14, 2009, 10:35:15 AM
Who won the Toledo War? n_u

The KBG.    n_u

Or is it KGB? I know I know.   saddood;

YPrrrr

Quote from: FAMY2 on January 14, 2009, 10:42:49 AM
The KBG.    n_u

Or is it KGB? I know I know.   saddood;
Don't feed the flames Rae O_0

FAMY2

YPrrrr

Ezloﺕ

Quote from: l a c e y on January 14, 2009, 06:57:31 AM

If you're not going to contribute to the original discussion of this thread, then don't post at all.

Shut up.
:)

FAMY2

Quote from: YPR on January 14, 2009, 11:26:25 AM
Win what?

Ahh.. something. I know Hockey. The Red Wings are good.   n_u

Lozal

Quote from: Ezlo on January 14, 2009, 02:05:18 PM
If you're not going to contribute to the original discussion of this thread, then don't post at all.

Shut up.
I don't think she's capable of doing that, or of knowing whether she is or not. powerofone;

Content: No, I do not believe in God, and I really honestly can't see how people can believe in one. All of the stuff I've had theists tell me is just hard to comprehend and makes little to no sense logically. I can't return to believing in him, it just doesn't make sense to me.
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Sam

January 14, 2009, 04:53:28 PM #747 Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 04:58:06 PM by Sam
I think the guy in this video sounds pretty obnoxious and the video itself seems pretty in-your-face and kinda rude, but it proves a point in a nice simple way.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk6ILZAaAMI[/youtube]

Also this guy is a dumbass just for calling it an optical illusion when it has nothing to do with vision.

Then again, as a christian, I was always taught not to pray for specific things, but for the power to make myself stronger to earn these things on my own

In which case.. can't I make myself stronger on my own?
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

YPrrrr

Quote from: Sam on January 14, 2009, 04:53:28 PM

Then again, as a christian, I was always taught not to pray for specific things, but for the power to make myself stronger to earn these things on my own

In which case.. can't I make myself stronger on my own?
I'm pretty sure you've felt helpless before, as if the world is crashing down upon you. That's when people turn to religion to make it feel as if there is a force supporting them through a rough time.

Sam

Quote from: YPR on January 14, 2009, 07:31:00 PM
I'm pretty sure you've felt helpless before, as if the world is crashing down upon you. That's when people turn to religion to make it feel as if there is a force supporting them through a rough time.

...Do you even realize that you pretty much just said there's no God? I mean, if the people are the ones "making" the force, that would appear to be what you're saying.

Yeah, I know how religion works. It's htere like a support system, it answers the unanswerable and gives people hope when they're hopeless.

It doesn't work when you don't believe in it. It's impossible to convince my mind something's there when I know it isn't, so I can't just magically make the power of prayer work for me.

When relisious people pray to God, they 'know' it's going to work, so it does (no matter what, as shown in the video).

When I pray to God (which I don't and haven't in a very long time) it does nothing because in my mind I know it's doing nothing.

Religion is all in the mind... I think you know it as much as the rest of us YPR. But hey, if you somehow still have the power to believe in a God, rock on. Statistically you'll live longer, healthier lives than the rest of us.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Go Up