June 24, 2024, 05:55:37 AM

1,531,270 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Questions for the religious

Started by Houdini, May 28, 2007, 08:32:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Classic

Quote from: guff on April 17, 2009, 10:50:57 PM
okay so can this go for atheists and jmv too  baddood;

No, we're all heartless and stubborn like James. <3

Daddy

Quote from: guff on April 17, 2009, 10:50:57 PM
okay so can this go for atheists and jmv too  baddood;
yeah other atheists don't believe there is no god

Veal

Quote from: Ã,µÎ© on April 17, 2009, 11:22:15 PM
yeah other atheists don't believe there is no god

Stop being sarcastic on the Serious Discussion board, it's confusing certain (^^^^^^^^^^^^^) people.

PuuMastaFunk

Quote from: Veal on April 18, 2009, 01:36:58 PM
Stop being sarcastic on the Serious Discussion board, it's confusing certain (^^^^^^^^^^^^^) people.

I'm not confused.

Veal

Quote from: PuuMastaFunk on April 18, 2009, 01:37:44 PM
I'm not confused.

Well that would take a whole 'nother thread to debate.

PuuMastaFunk

Quote from: Veal on April 18, 2009, 01:39:28 PM
Well that would take a whole 'nother thread to debate.

Why? I'm now the only freaking person answering the damn questions.

Himu

Quote from: PuuMastaFunk on April 17, 2009, 05:02:23 PM
It IS fair. He created you.
Why does he expect that when he already knows what they're going to do before they are even conceived?

Why expect something when you already know what's going to happen?

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

guff

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: guff on April 19, 2009, 08:20:45 AM
shamwow you'll be saying wow every time  baddood;

I heard he's a murderer now.  n_u
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Socks

Houdini

Hey, if any of you religious folks feel like answering some more questions, I have a few things I'm curious about:

Do you think the world would be an overall better place if everyone was a member of your religion, or do you think it would be more or less the same?

Do you consider yourself morally superior to people of other religions? If so, why?

Would you ever consider converting to another religion? If so, which ones seem attractive to you?

If, in the future, science somehow conclusively proved that your beliefs are untrue, would you still believe in them?

PuuMastaFunk

Quote from: Houdini on April 22, 2009, 05:10:11 PM
Hey, if any of you religious folks feel like answering some more questions, I have a few things I'm curious about:

Do you think the world would be an overall better place if everyone was a member of your religion, or do you think it would be more or less the same?

I don't think it would. I mean, even though we'd all believe the same, but we wouldn't all agree. There would be confusion of the word, because even different denominations of Christianity are different. Plus, religious leaders would get a bigger head than they already do now. Thier ego would be through the roof. They'd twist the word to fit thier own benefit.

QuoteDo you consider yourself morally superior to people of other religions? If so, why?

Actually, no. I feel like I'm a hypocrite most of the time. Even though I actually try really hard not to sin, I still do. There was a girl from Indonesia who transfered to my school last year, and she was Buddist. Not only that, but she was a better Buddist than I was a Christian.

QuoteWould you ever consider converting to another religion? If so, which ones seem attractive to you?

I would if you have asked me 5-6 years ago, but not now. But thinking back on it, I don't know if I even would have. Christianity just seemes to be for me.

QuoteIf, in the future, science somehow conclusively proved that your beliefs are untrue, would you still believe in them?

If they had definate, undeniable fact that there was no God, yes. But until then (and that's not going to happen until I die), I'm stickin' to my faith.

Any other questions?

Daddy

yes.

What, to you, makes your religion more plausible/true than other religions?

Go Up