October 06, 2024, 01:17:11 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Animal Crossing: City Folk

Started by Lotos, November 15, 2008, 10:38:48 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

greg400

November 18, 2008, 02:00:05 AM #75 Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 02:03:12 AM by greg400
Quote from: Flying Circus on November 18, 2008, 01:19:05 AM
I don't remember giving any examples of scores, but ok...

You tell me how a magazine can focus around a single company and not be biased. I mean if it's a slow month for Nintendo, they're still going to try to make their lackluster upcoming games sound great. They're not going to say, "Oh, there's not much good coming up this month," because then no one would buy the magazine
Oh gee lets see, the fact that it's still journalism and people won't be pleased if they give good results to a bad game? That's how you lose subscriptions, not stating that there wasn't very much this month. The very first rule of journalism is don't be biased. If a magazine was based on how good piles of shit look would they be biased to piles of shit? No. So please enlighten me on how you think Nintendo Power is biased. It's a magazine related to Nintendo things, that doesn't mean anything other than that's the kind of content you are going to see.

YPrrrr

Quote from: greg400 on November 18, 2008, 02:00:05 AM
Oh gee lets see, the fact that it's still journalism and people won't be pleased if they give good results to a bad game? That's how you lose subscriptions, not stating that there wasn't very much this month. The very first rule of journalism is don't be biased. If a magazine was based on how good piles of shit look would they be biased to piles of shit? No. So please enlighten me on how you think Nintendo Power is biased. It's a magazine related to Nintendo things, that doesn't mean anything other than that's the kind of content you are going to see.
Ok, first off, the first rule of journalism is definitely not to be unbiased. You definitely want to avoid plagiarism far more than having bias in your article. Secondly, journalists aren't supposed to be biased, but that doesn't magically prevent them from throwing spin into an article. Example: FOX News.

Go ahead and tell me that that's not biased. Right on the cover too...

Here's one of those lackluster games being hyped in the absence of anything else worthwhile.

greg400

Well no shit, there was no point in mentioning plagiarism unless you are brain dead. Oh and that "magical spin" is what can lose you subscriptions and viewers, you are basically reinforcing what I already said.

First picture: It's a cover for shit sake and they sold a lot of Wii's so they like to gloat, and I would like to mention that that was before they were run by Future US Inc. How the fuck is that even related to anything biased anyway? I can assure you they wouldn't be saying that if the Wii wasn't selling well.

Second Picture:
Nintendo Power Review: Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party: 5.5

lolwut was that

YPrrrr

Quote from: greg400 on November 18, 2008, 02:58:43 AM
Well no shit, there was no point in mentioning plagiarism unless you are brain dead.

First picture: It's a cover for shit sake and they sold a lot of Wii's so they like to gloat, and I would like to mention that that was before they were run by Future US Inc. How the fuck is that even related to anything biased anyway? I can assure you they wouldn't be saying that if the Wii wasn't selling well.

Second Picture:
Nintendo Power Review: Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party: 5.5

lolwut was that
Yet people still plagiarize, so........................... I guess it should be mentioned, huh?

Gloating is pretty biased...

Yes, low score, but I am pointing out the preview of the game. Before it's actually reviewed they make it the feature article and hype it because there is a lack of anything else to write about.

greg400

November 18, 2008, 03:12:37 AM #79 Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 03:15:46 AM by greg400
Quote from: Flying Circus on November 18, 2008, 03:05:37 AM
Yet people still plagiarize, so........................... I guess it should be mentioned, huh?

Gloating is pretty biased...

Yes, low score, but I am pointing out the preview of the game. Before it's actually reviewed they make it the feature article and hype it because there is a lack of anything else to write about.
Yet plagiarizing isn't even what we are talking about so.................. there is no point in mentioning it.

No, it isn't. Saying a system sold well is not being biased.

First of all any complete retard who would purchase a game based on a preview needs to go kill themselves. Second, a featured article is simply a featured article that was most likely payed for. If US weekly had a pile of shit on the cover how many people would go to read the story about the pile of shit? Probably not many. Back to the there isn't anything to write about excuse? Well if there isn't anything to write about then they would have a magazine with zero pages. A game is a game, whether you like it or not, and they could just as easily make a cover for a game coming in the future.

YPrrrr

Quote from: greg400 on November 18, 2008, 03:12:37 AM
Yet plagiarizing isn't even what we are talking about so.................. there is no point in mentioning it.

No, it isn't. Saying a system sold well is not being biased.

First of all any complete retard who would purchase a game based on a preview needs to go kill themselves. Second, a featured article is simply a featured article that was most likely payed for. If US weekly had a pile of shit on the cover how many people would go to read the story about the pile of shit? Probably not many. Back to the there isn't anything to write about excuse?
Yes there is, because being unbiased is not the primary concern of journalists as you claimed.

It's not saying the system sold well. It's saying Wii conquered E3, which is a matter of opinion.

Yeah, like I'm saying... They're trying to make money, so they're going to pitch things at you in a way to make you want to read about them. Their target audience of Nintendo fans are more likely to buy the magazine if they think the new batch of games will be good and thus worthwhile to read about, so the magazine pitches them as good games. And there are plenty of complete retards who will fall for such a marketing ploy, don't worry

greg400

November 18, 2008, 03:30:21 AM #81 Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 04:02:50 AM by greg400
Quote from: Flying Circus on November 18, 2008, 03:25:01 AM
Yes there is, because being unbiased is not the primary concern of journalists as you claimed.

It's not saying the system sold well. It's saying Wii conquered E3, which is a matter of opinion.

Yeah, like I'm saying... They're trying to make money, so they're going to pitch things at you in a way to make you want to read about them. Their target audience of Nintendo fans are more likely to buy the magazine if they think the new batch of games will be good and thus worthwhile to read about, so the magazine pitches them as good games. And there are plenty of complete retards who will fall for such a marketing ploy, don't worry
It's one of the primary concerns, therefore mentioning the other was unrelated.

Ok, so how is that related to the reviews being biased? It's simply marketing. The review section of Nintendo Power on the other hand actually has an editorial staff that gives fair scores and reviews, just about all of which are in a .5 range of actual gaming websites.

When they are trying to make money they will do so with ad's, not reviews. Further proving my point that their REVIEWS are not biased.

YPrrrr

Quote from: greg400 on November 18, 2008, 03:30:21 AM
It's one of the primary concerns, therefore mentioning the other was unrelated.

Ok, so how is that related to the reviews being biased? It's simply marketing. The review section of Nintendo Power on the other hand actual has an editorial staff that gives fair scores and reviews, just about all of which are in a .5 range of actual gaming websites.

When they are trying to make money they will do so with ad's, not reviews. Further proving my point that their REVIEWS are not biased.
I'm not saying anything about reviews, I'm talking about the magazine as a whole

greg400

Quote from: Flying Circus on November 18, 2008, 03:38:59 AM
I'm not saying anything about reviews, I'm talking about the magazine as a whole
Well i'm talking about the reviews doodthing;

YPrrrr

Quote from: greg400 on November 18, 2008, 03:41:13 AM
Well i'm talking about the reviews doodthing;
Well you said Nintendo Power, not Nintendo Power's reviews, so how am I suppose to guess huhdoodame;

Nyerp

greg400

Quote from: Nyerd on November 18, 2008, 04:10:33 AM
i smell a fanboy
Sorry to hear that you haven't washed yourself in months.

l a c e y

i can't wait for this game to come out.

CruelPleasure

Geno

Quote from: greg400 on November 18, 2008, 12:20:47 AM
Lol, ok. I had no idea your opinion was a fact.
It isn't. But my opinion is based on the fact that the quality of Nintendo's games have been drastically reduced.

Stop sucking Nintendo's dick lol
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Go Up