October 05, 2024, 09:35:47 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Dead Space, out tomorrow

Started by The artist formally known, October 13, 2008, 03:38:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

Quote from: Akiba on October 15, 2008, 07:46:51 PM
I did that to the guy that is dead next to "Shoot Their Limbs" or whatever it said.

i did that to the guy who was in the next roo mwho was eaten alive

i tried stomping the thing or whatever to death since he still had some limbs, but i accidently stomped the space cadet man and iwas like 'lololololol'

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: C Mongler on October 15, 2008, 07:50:05 PM
i did that to the guy who was in the next roo mwho was eaten alive

i tried stomping the thing or whatever to death since he still had some limbs, but i accidently stomped the space cadet man and iwas like 'lololololol'
I can never stomp them to death unless I feel like getting hit by their arms.

My usual strategy is to shoot one of their legs off and then take out one of their arms, takes about three bullets per thing.

Anyways, I finished the first chapter. Pretty good so far. The only real scares its gotten from me so far were two cheap fake dead body scares. ;_;

The artist formally known

October 15, 2008, 11:03:08 PM #32 Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 11:11:04 PM by reefer
I'm on chapter 5 and had only one scare.

If you've played Silent Hill 2, there wasn't anything like "BOO!" scary about it. It was all out creepy scary. Not too many pop out things. Silent Hill 2 still takes the cake but Dead Space is a close 2nd to the best horror game.

Cons: Too easy so far, too much ammo, too much health, no bosses so far.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Thief888 on October 13, 2008, 03:51:38 PM
Buying it tomorrow or Wednesday, depends on when my store gets it.

It looks fucking good, RE4-like gameplay with a creepy atmosphere and and scares. :3

according to 1up it's not very scary (like RE4), but it is fun albeit the backtracking (like RE4).

C.Mongler

i find it to be third person bioshock in space

Quote from: C Mongler on October 16, 2008, 05:29:48 PM
i find it to be third person bioshock in space
I think it's Resident Evil 4 + Bioshock.

The graphics have a very cool look to them, and no HUB is awesome and I wish more games did this.

KonohaShinobi

are most of you playing this on the 360?

October 17, 2008, 01:43:35 PM #37 Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 01:47:16 PM by reefer
I am

The coolest death ever: (chapter 8 or 9)

[spoiler]You fight these new long skinny things, and I guess once you kill them their heads pop off and are just skulls with long ass legs that jump on you.

I let one of them kill me to see what happens. It's so fucking awesome. It like rips off your head and then jumps into your neck and mind controls you.[/spoiler]

The game got a little bit harder and there is less ammo around and less health. I like it a lot. Needs more bosses and less people talking to you. I loved the empty feeling Silent Hill 1, 2, and 3 gave, this game has too many people talking to you at all times.

I wish they had more feelings in the characters, like meeting one of the other crew. He/she would be on the floor sobbing and crying, missing a limb or something.

wawi

I'm only on chapter 3. I love it, though.

Placebo Headwound

REEFER

[spoiler]How do I damage Leviathan (the big plant thing)? I keep running out of ammo before it dies so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. befuddlement[/spoiler]

UnagiPower

holy crap

[spoiler]the part where the necromorph smashes his head repeatedly into the wall is awesome[/spoiler]

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Thief888 on October 18, 2008, 04:56:42 PM
REEFER

[spoiler]How do I damage Leviathan (the big plant thing)? I keep running out of ammo before it dies so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. befuddlement[/spoiler]
uh fuck it i beat it

Geno

I just rented it but I've only got to play a little bit because my friend just discovered Castle Crashers and has been playing it for about 3 hours
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Placebo Headwound

I'm on chapter 9.

Fuck, I have absolutely no ammo for anything but the ripper. :(

Go Up