October 05, 2024, 09:28:32 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Dead Space, out tomorrow

Started by The artist formally known, October 13, 2008, 03:38:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Martin

Quote from: reefer on November 16, 2008, 12:50:29 PM
Dead Space isn't worth buying for $60 because it's only 8-12 hours long and has little replay but it is awesome and probably one of my favorite games ever for the next gen consoles.
You're kidding me right? With the new game+ feature you have to play it at least twice. Not to mention every time you play it over again you are still upgrading your equipment. Also, since you can only carry 4 weapons at a time, you get to continue to experiment with new weapons, and don't forget the DLC suits and weapon skins. I'm pretty sure there is DLC that will bump up the damage on many weapons.

The artist formally known

Quote from: M_W on December 04, 2008, 04:11:39 PM
You're kidding me right? With the new game+ feature you have to play it at least twice. Not to mention every time you play it over again you are still upgrading your equipment. Also, since you can only carry 4 weapons at a time, you get to continue to experiment with new weapons, and don't forget the DLC suits and weapon skins. I'm pretty sure there is DLC that will bump up the damage on many weapons.
It has GREAT replay for a story game but little replay in general for all games.

Maybe 1-3 play throughs. I'll be getting the next Dead Space game.

Martin

Quote from: reefer on December 04, 2008, 04:14:08 PM
It has GREAT replay for a story game but little replay in general for all games.

Maybe 1-3 play throughs. I'll be getting the next Dead Space game.
I don't understand your logic at all 0_o

What the hell is a "story game" and what do you mean by "games in general". Regardless, how is 3 play-throughs considered bad replay for any game? 0_o

me003

Quote from: M_W on December 04, 2008, 05:40:55 PM
I don't understand your logic at all 0_o

What the hell is a "story game" and what do you mean by "games in general". Regardless, how is 3 play-throughs considered bad replay for any game? 0_o
Example....mario kart has good replay value....because its a pick up and play game
Most games with a heavy story IMO dont have very good replay value...unless it has a +newgame and like unlockable stuff.
Replay value to me is really once you finish the main game, is there still stuff to do or not.
Hopefully you get what I'm saying, because I'm starting to lose myself.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

The artist formally known

Quote from: Methree on December 04, 2008, 08:22:00 PM
Example....mario kart has good replay value....because its a pick up and play game
Most games with a heavy story IMO dont have very good replay value...unless it has a +newgame and like unlockable stuff.
Replay value to me is really once you finish the main game, is there still stuff to do or not.
Hopefully you get what I'm saying, because I'm starting to lose myself.
This is what I meant.

Story game: Condemned, Dead Space, Assassin's Creed

As compared to something like Halo, where there is a story but there is also multiplayer.

Go Up