October 06, 2024, 01:31:21 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Games you regret buying

Started by bluaki, January 19, 2008, 11:14:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Aitor on January 20, 2008, 10:11:06 AM
No, its just my opinion.

Its an amazing game.  My tastes are not weird or crazy since it did get very good reviews.

You actually listen to reviews?

And I know it's your opinion. psyduck;

I'm just saying that there are so many obvious flaws with the game that anyone who's not a fanboy should be able to see clearly. I don't see how it can be considered "one of the best games ever," unless your basis is of best games is on whether or not its a Zelda game.

I can't say I'm a fan of the shitty bosses, boring soundtrack (seriously, Hyrule Field was like the only good song in the game) and weird lighting. I don't consider blinding brown light realistic. I consider it stupid.

Albel The Wicked

Quote from: Kaz on January 20, 2008, 10:15:00 AM
You actually listen to reviews?

And I know it's your opinion. psyduck;

I'm just saying that there are so many obvious flaws with the game that anyone who's not a fanboy should be able to see clearly. I don't see how it can be considered "one of the best games ever," unless your basis is of best games is on whether or not its a Zelda game.

I can't say I'm a fan of the shitty bosses, boring soundtrack (seriously, Hyrule Field was like the only good song in the game) and weird lighting. I don't consider blinding brown light realistic. I consider it stupid.
Yes.  People who review this games know a lot more than you do and me.  So why not?

So im just not going to play a game because it has weird lighting which i didnt even notice and a bad soundtrack?
The story was amazing, graphics were great, and overall fun to play.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Luke Atmey on January 20, 2008, 05:19:26 AM
Animal Crossing: Wild World (although it was actually a gift)
Picross (smithicide;)
Animal Crossing was fun for a few months, but Picross was only decent for a couple of minutes. cry;
CAN'T FORGET THAT ONE.

and what the hell if you like puzzle games in the least bit you have to love picross
Quote from: Aitor on January 20, 2008, 10:11:06 AM
No, its just my opinion.

Its an amazing game.  My tastes are not weird or crazy since it did get very good reviews.
Super Paper Mario and New Super Mario Bros also got outstanding reviews.

Guess what? Both are shit.
Quote from: Aitor on January 20, 2008, 10:21:50 AM
Yes.  People who review this games know a lot more than you do and me.  So why not?

So im just not going to play a game because it has weird lighting which i didnt even notice and a bad soundtrack?
Just because they can type a few paragraphs for a few dollars doesn't make them a better gamer than me. I've been playing for over 15 years and have hundreds of games, so I have a fair idea of what's good and what's not. [Most] Recent Zelda and Mario games are absolute slop; anyone that's been gaming for over 10 years agrees, yet reviewers still give every game in either series perfect or nigh scores.

Music in the game was fine, graphics were horrible, the twilight realm burned my eyes and almost gave me motion sickness, the wolf sessions and particularly the bug killing was utterly idiotic, a couple bosses were neat but the dungeons overall were horrible, and the game just wasn't fun at all. It made nice use of motion controls to some degree, but that wasn't enough to save it.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Quote from: Aitor on January 20, 2008, 10:21:50 AM

Story was amazing? Yes, let's re-use the old and already abused light world/dark world conflict and make it into a Zelda game. GENIUS.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Lawlz on January 20, 2008, 10:29:15 AM
CAN'T FORGET THAT ONE.

and what the hell if you like puzzle games in the least bit you have to love picrossSuper Paper Mario and New Super Mario Bros also got outstanding reviews.

There are only a few puzzle games I enjoy, and even those I can only play for a few minutes at a time. doodhuh;

superclucky

Quote from: not famy on January 19, 2008, 11:23:22 PM
me 2
Now that I don't really play video games anymore, I look back and I spent a shitload of money on them.  befuddlement
i agree
kewns are smelly

Albel The Wicked

Quote from: Lawlz on January 20, 2008, 10:29:15 AM
CAN'T FORGET THAT ONE.

and what the hell if you like puzzle games in the least bit you have to love picrossSuper Paper Mario and New Super Mario Bros also got outstanding reviews.

Guess what? Both are shit.Just because they can type a few paragraphs for a few dollars doesn't make them a better gamer than me. I've been playing for over 15 years and have hundreds of games, so I have a fair idea of what's good and what's not. [Most] Recent Zelda and Mario games are absolute slop; anyone that's been gaming for over 10 years agrees, yet reviewers still give every game in either series perfect or nigh scores.

Music in the game was fine, graphics were horrible, the twilight realm burned my eyes and almost gave me motion sickness, the wolf sessions and particularly the bug killing was utterly idiotic, a couple bosses were neat but the dungeons overall were horrible, and the game just wasn't fun at all. It made nice use of motion controls to some degree, but that wasn't enough to save it.
Thats just your opinion.  Im not saying the game was perfect by any means but the things that it did good, were great.  Personally i love the game. 
About the reviewer im pretty sure they have A LOT more experience than you do.   Whether they are a better gamer than you, i dont really know.  Then again you are not the one being payed on a site to make reviews on games and neither do you make reviews just for the fun of it.  So why should i listen to you? 
Last time i listened to some random gamer i ended up buying super paper mario...

strongbad

Every Wii launch game
[spoiler]LOZ:TP
Rayman  edumacate;
GT pro series  edumacate;
Excite truck  edumacate;
Tony hawk downhill Jam  edumacate;[/spoiler]

Also
Gauntalet Seven Sorrows (I thought it would be as good as dark legacy, which I loved as a child)
Atv off road fury 3 (I loved the first 2 to death)
Not much else... I'm usually good at picking games that I won't hate.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Aitor on January 20, 2008, 10:39:05 AM
About the reviewer im pretty sure they have A LOT more experience than you do.   
experience at what

Opinions? psyduck;

You said you dislike Super Paper Mario. You better change your opinion, because IGN gave it an 8.9. Clearly, they know the game better.

i'm sure that the amount a publisher pays to advertise does influence the score in some ways

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Albel The Wicked

Quote from: Kaz on January 20, 2008, 10:34:36 AM
Story was amazing? Yes, let's re-use the old and already abused light world/dark world conflict and make it into a Zelda game. GENIUS.
In a sense it is, but not completely the same.  The way it is set up, is so that each time its the same people but the story differs as if it was the on a parallel universe.

Commander Fuckass

January 20, 2008, 10:45:52 AM #40 Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 10:49:20 AM by Captain Yesterday
The Darkness  >.<

GAME BLOWS DICK

also most of my PSP games  :(
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Albel The Wicked

Quote from: Lawlz on January 20, 2008, 10:43:16 AM
experience at what

Opinions? psyduck;

You said you dislike Super Paper Mario. You better change your opinion, because IGN gave it an 8.9. Clearly, they know the game better.

i'm sure that the amount a publisher pays to advertise does influence the score in some ways
At playing games.

I doubt it since i've seen games getting advertised incredibly but the reviews suck.  One example is Soul Calibur Legends.

bluaki

Quote from: Strongbad007 on January 20, 2008, 10:41:23 AM
Every Wii launch game
[spoiler]LOZ:TP
Rayman  edumacate;
GT pro series  edumacate;
Excite truck  edumacate;
Tony hawk downhill Jam  edumacate;[/spoiler]
Trauma Center: Second Opinion was a launch title. In my opinion, the best launch game on the Wii befuddlement

Samus Aran

Quote from: Aitor on January 20, 2008, 10:44:04 AM
In a sense it is, but not completely the same.  The way it is set up, is so that each time its the same people but the story differs as if it was the on a parallel universe.

Which is not really unique in any particular way.

Link transformed into a rabbit in the dark world in aLttP and you were also able to travel between those alternate "dimensions" of the world in that way except you could keep going back and didn't have to watch as the dark part of the world vanished away and overall the game had a much better "dark/light" system.

also why did the developers make every character in TP hideous except for Link and Midna

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Aitor on January 20, 2008, 10:46:21 AM
At playing games.

I doubt it since i've seen games getting advertised incredibly but the reviews suck.  One example is Soul Calibur Legends.
I think I have plenty of experience, too. Getting paid for it doesn't make them any better, or me any worse. I play my games for fun, and not for money.

kane and lynch comes to mind

Go Up