October 20, 2024, 12:36:07 PM

1,531,336 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What do you think of the Mac Mini?

Started by Squirtlejazz, January 17, 2008, 12:16:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Squirtlejazz

January 17, 2008, 12:16:30 PM Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 03:01:02 PM by Squirtlejazz
I'm currently in HS and would like to purchase myself a Mac. I refuse to buy myself a laptop now and besides, I'll wait until I need one for college. So I was looking around, and I don't need a whole desktop system and I started looking at Macs. I noticed the Mac Mini and though now that is exactly what I am looking for. So I am considering buying one for myself for my birthday.
Convince me as of why or why not to. (Pros/Cons please)
Thanks for your help in advance.
iSnake

Zeta

You're better off with a custom build.Weak CPU, no video card...only nice thing is the size.

Daphnia

My dad has one. It's nice. Sure, you could build a better one for cheaper, if you were so inclined. Processor is fine. Integrated graphics is fine, unless you're editing video or huge Photoshop files.

Also, doesn't come with a keyboard or a mouse either. And I wouldn't really call it portable.

Title27GT

It's compact, but you'll need to buy a monitor, a keyboard, and a mouse. Not to mention upgrading the RAM in those things is a bitch. By the time you get what you need, you could very well have enough money for a MacBook.

And what do you mean you can't get anything done on a laptop? Are you mentally retarded?

Squirtlejazz

Quote from: Title on January 17, 2008, 02:30:14 PM
It's compact, but you'll need to buy a monitor, a keyboard, and a mouse. Not to mention upgrading the RAM in those things is a bitch. By the time you get what you need, you could very well have enough money for a MacBook.

And what do you mean you can't get anything done on a laptop? Are you mentally retarded?
No I would be too distracted. Just forget that statement.
iSnake

Title27GT

Quote from: Squirtlejazz on January 17, 2008, 03:00:01 PM
No I would be too distracted. Just forget that statement.
What the fuck? Distracted by what?

You can do what I did by buying a macbook and hooking up a 22" dell monitor, but what do you mean by distracted?

Squirtlejazz

January 17, 2008, 03:08:50 PM #6 Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 03:12:19 PM by Squirtlejazz
Quote from: Title on January 17, 2008, 03:05:59 PM
What the fuck? Distracted by what?

You can do what I did by buying a macbook and hooking up a 22" dell monitor, but what do you mean by distracted?
Would not be able to get shit done. I'd be messing around with it too much and would never go to sleep since I could sit with it on my bed without being detected by parental units playing games and browsing the internetz with all the videos on youtuber. And not sleeping would cause a detrimental drop in my grades and then bu-bye computer..
My logic, you can say what you want, but I cannot be trusted around things that are fun.
Like now, I'm supposed to be doing a paper for history tomorrow and what am I doing now...? Browsing the internet wasting my time.. Its a bad habit I have. But I guess I have that problem with any computer so it wouldn't really matter which one I purchased then would it? But I don't want to spend a lot of money on something that in 2 years I might have to get a different one of because of the fact that I'd be going to college.
iSnake

ncba93ivyase

Overpriced and underpowered.

If you need a desktop, the iMac is a much, much better deal.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Go Up