April 28, 2024, 08:10:38 AM

1,531,646 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Death Penalty

Started by Actingman00, November 22, 2007, 09:03:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Phaze

Quote from: JMV290 on December 09, 2007, 09:05:34 PM
why
but then they would have to rape me, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them, and some one would have to rape them. 

that logic is amazing.  if some one does something, do it back to them.
Unless you kill them  pseudo;

Daddy

Quote from: Phaze on December 09, 2007, 09:08:23 PM
Unless you kill them  pseudo;
but then they would have to kill me since murderers should die.

Phaze

Quote from: JMV290 on December 09, 2007, 09:08:55 PM
but then they would have to kill me since murderers should die.
But they would be dead ;)

Daddy

December 09, 2007, 09:18:48 PM #93 Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 01:52:53 AM by JMV290
Quote from: Phaze on December 09, 2007, 09:10:34 PM
But they would be dead ;)
okie enough joking.

What exactly makes the death penalty better than the third grade mentality reasoning of "He did it, so it has to happen to him now"

Selkie

Quote from: JMV290 on December 09, 2007, 09:18:48 PM
okie enough joking.

What exactly makes the death penalty better than the third grade mentality reasoning of "He did it, so it has to happen to him now"

They won't be wasting tax money sitting aimlessly in a jail cell for the rest of their life.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Selkie on December 10, 2007, 09:28:36 AM
They won't be wasting tax money sitting aimlessly in a jail cell for the rest of their life.
FACT: It costs more money to put someone to death than it does to keep the person in prison for the rest of his life.

Idiot.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Selkie

Quote from: Lawlz on December 10, 2007, 12:18:39 PM
FACT: It costs more money to put someone to death than it does to keep the person in prison for the rest of his life.

Idiot.

Make it cost less money then.

Daddy

Phaze

Quote from: Lawlz on December 10, 2007, 12:18:39 PM

Idiot.
Thats because they use poisons and shit. Whats wrong with a gunshot to the head?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Phaze on December 10, 2007, 01:13:33 PM
Thats because they use poisons and shit. Whats wrong with a gunshot to the head?
No, dumbass. Most all of that money is spent in court with appeals and all that. It's cheaper and easier to just let the person sit in jail, or better yet, try to heal them and make them suitable for society.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Phaze

Quote from: Lawlz on December 10, 2007, 01:52:49 PM
No, dumbass. Most all of that money is spent in court with appeals and all that. It's cheaper and easier to just let the person sit in jail, or better yet, try to heal them and make them suitable for society.
You can't "heal" them. Their nuts!

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Phaze on December 10, 2007, 02:15:01 PM
You're a goddamn retard and more insane than them if you think a criminal can never be fit for society again. Also, what about those people that were wrongfully put in prison? How would you feel if ten years from now, you acted in self defense or were maybe even 1000 miles away, but the evidence stacks up against you and says you're a cold blooded killer?  Would you have a smile on your face when those insane Christians start sitting outside the prison, cheering for your execution?

People make mistakes; killing a person for a mistake they made won't make anything better, and it only takes another life. Why not try to help the person and maybe let them give something back to society, instead of just wiping them out and taking even more of your tax dollars?

Daddy

December 10, 2007, 02:57:34 PM #102 Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 03:13:32 PM by JMV290
Quote from: Phaze on December 10, 2007, 02:15:01 PM
NO MY NUTS. I FUCKING LOVE PEANUTS YOU DOUCHEBAG.

In New Hampshire, for example, the only capital crime is killing a cop.   What if it's a corrupt cop and they're beating your child and you go off and shoot them, getting convicted of murder and sentenced to death--even with the circumstances?  Is that person nuts? No. I don't even think that person should go to jail, but now they are going to die.

There are plenty of circumstances where a perfectly sane person has been executed.   Look at Tookie Williams.  He was sentenced to death, but while on death row he spoke out against gang violence, he wrote books about it.  He was far from nuts, and was attempting to make up for his crimes.  There is no reason he should have been executed.

Mumia Jamal isn't crazy and was sentenced to death.

What decides which people are deserving of the death penalty while others are not?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JMV290 on December 10, 2007, 02:57:34 PM
their beating

woah there
There are plenty of circumstances where a perfectly sane person has been executed.   Look at Tookie Williams.  He was sentenced to death, but while on death row he spoke out against gang violence, he wrote books about it.  He was far from nuts, and was attempting to make up for his crimes.  There is no reason he should have been executed.
And those are people I see as beneficial to society. Even if the person has a horrible past, that person can make up for it and help others before they take the same path.

Daddy

Also, the argument that Capital punishment deters crime is also bullshit.

Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont, North Dakota,  Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, and West Virginia all do not have a death penalty.

QuoteFor that year the State of Massachusetts had a total Crime Index of 3,026.1 reported incidents per 100,000 people. This ranked the state as having the 42nd highest total Crime Index.

For that year the State of Maine had a total Crime Index of 2,619.8 reported incidents per 100,000 people. This ranked the state as having the 46th highest total Crime Index.

For that year the State of Vermont had a total Crime Index of 2,986.9 reported incidents per 100,000 people. This ranked the state as having the 44th highest total Crime Index.

For that year the State of North Dakota had a total Crime Index of 2,288.1 reported incidents per 100,000 people. This ranked the state as having the 50th highest total Crime Index.

For that year the State of Minnesota had a total Crime Index of 3,488.4 reported incidents per 100,000 people. This ranked the state as having the 32nd highest total Crime Index.

For that year the State of Wisconsin had a total Crime Index of 3,209.1 reported incidents per 100,000 people. This ranked the state as having the 37th highest total Crime Index.

For that year the State of West Virginia had a total Crime Index of 2,602.8 reported incidents per 100,000 people. This ranked the state as having the 47th highest total Crime Index.

They are all pretty low on the crime Index list

hey look
QuoteFor that year the State of Texas had a total Crime Index of 4,955.5 reported incidents per 100,000 people. This ranked the state as having the 8th highest total Crime Index

that death penalty sure is stopping crimes

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/

Go Up