July 07, 2024, 03:15:53 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Official Super Mario Galaxy Impressions Thread

Started by The artist formally known, November 12, 2007, 09:59:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

November 12, 2007, 09:59:47 PM Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 10:04:20 PM by reefer
Game really does kick ass so far, the controls for camera get annoying at times but it's awesome. I already got 7 stars in the first hour of play so looks like I'll complete it pretty quickly but still want to collect all 120 stars. I do like it better than Sunshine and 64 already, I didn't really like 64 that much but Galaxy has included old characters and power-ups which is the main reason the game kicks ass, and they've added new characters.

Kamek, Chain Chomp, Goomba, Piranha Plant are all in the game, I was really surprised to see Kamek in the game, let alone any 3D game. I love you Yoshi's Island

Bee Mario power-up is fun while no Yoshi to be seen of yet.

There is voice acting in parts of the game, most is text and some voice acting. Bowser kinda mumbles and Peach does say a few words. I'm glad to see some voice acting, and it's not as bad as Sunshine's voice acting yet.

On my 26th star already, almost half way to beating the game and I've owned it for about 4 hours. They have the wrench throwing moles from SMB3 and Mario Kart DS. Game is great though it's way way way too easy. Fun so far, I kinda wanna replay Sunshine now and get all 120 stars.

Gambit17

Awesome fucking game dude. I have 23 stars, and I am in love. Instant classic.

Placebo Headwound

I hear its extremely easy to beat the game with the minimum amount of star required, but it'll take quite awhile to get all 120.

Also, once you actually get all 120 stars, [spoiler]Luigi becomes a playable character.[/spoiler]

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Thief888 on November 13, 2007, 03:32:32 AM
I hear its extremely easy to beat the game with the minimum amount of star required, but it'll take quite awhile to get all 120.

Also, once you actually get all 120 stars, [spoiler]Luigi becomes a playable character.[/spoiler]

bullshit.

mariofreak

im really tempted to hit your spoiler boxes but i resisted gonk;

I just beat the game, I beat it exactly 24 hours and 59 minutes after I bought it, I even looked at the receipt. Between those 25 hours I had school and a lot of homework. Game kicks ass and I'm so happy that they've brought some villains from the 2D games into 3D.

I have to say it's my favorite 3D Mario game so far.

No Yoshi and the game was getting a little harder towards the end but I only died a few times when playing. It was well worth the money and I suggest anyone who has a Wii get it as soon as possible if you like Mario games.

Also no Yoshi ;_;

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: reefer on November 13, 2007, 09:15:24 PM
I just beat the game, I beat it exactly 24 hours and 59 minutes after I bought it, I even looked at the receipt. Between those 25 hours I had school and a lot of homework. Game kicks ass and I'm so happy that they've brought some villains from the 2D games into 3D.

No Yoshi and the game was getting a little harder towards the end but I only died a few times when playing. It was well worth the money and I suggest anyone who has a Wii get it as soon as possible if you like Mario games.

Also no Yoshi ;_;
Did you get all 120 stars?

Quote from: Thief888 on November 13, 2007, 09:52:07 PM
Did you get all 120 stars?
Not yet, 59 left to go. I'm planning on getting them all though.

mariofreak

Quote from: reefer on November 13, 2007, 09:15:24 PM

Also no Yoshi ;_;
god dammit i still haven't gotten it :'(

Quote from: miladmaaan on November 13, 2007, 10:23:06 PM
god dammit i still haven't gotten it :'(
Game kicks ass, and before anyone says anything, first 60 stars are easy, last 60 are challenging

UR MR GAY kicked so much ass because

[spoiler][/spoiler]

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on November 14, 2007, 12:00:34 PM
psyduck; What?
They built the game around that boss battle from Yoshi's Island, best boss battle ever

Go Up