July 07, 2024, 03:16:48 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Official Super Mario Galaxy Impressions Thread

Started by The artist formally known, November 12, 2007, 09:59:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

mariofreak

ive only gotten to like the 13th star
but that was fucking sick
i love this game

Tomboh

I'm at my 50th star.

So far the controls are a shit load better than 64. Sure, the camera still messes up at times and the controls can get funky if you're on a small or irregularly shaped planet, but this will happen for most 3D games. Swimming is still retarded, but everything else is pretty awesome.

The difficulty can get a bit easy at times, but some of the comet runs can be challenging (ghost rock on dardevil argh;).

The artist formally known

Quote from: Punta Tombo on November 14, 2007, 07:25:51 PM
but some of the comet runs can be challenging (ghost rock on dardevil argh;).
Cheesus Christ time attack comets are just annoying as shit because they're hard as hell sometimes.

I'm on my 70th star

Tomboh

Quote from: reefer on November 14, 2007, 08:18:42 PM
Cheesus Christ time attack comets are just annoying as shit because they're hard as hell sometimes.

I'm on my 70th star
I had to basically memorize how the Shitrock Ghost attacked in order to defeat him without getting hit.

I've never had a problem with the Speed Run comets, though. psyduck;

Quote from: Punta Tombo on November 14, 2007, 08:56:16 PM
I had to basically memorize how the Shitrock Ghost attacked in order to defeat him without getting hit.

I mean the Galaxy Mario and timed purple coins

mariofreak

Quote from: Punta Tombo on November 14, 2007, 08:56:16 PM

i still cant beat the ghostrock faggot

I'm on my 85th star. Fuck those races are hard for me

Feynman

It's a great game, but not really all that great. You can just turn the Wii off and not play it again without wanting to play more. After a few stars, I felt like I was forcing myself to keep playing and then I just got sucked into it until I finally got the star. There's not really any "want" to get more stars, you just feel like getting really badly after you've entered a galaxy and then you lose that feeling after you back into the "observatory".

Definitely a buy, but not a "good enough 4 the hole jesismus lol".

Quote from: Bassir C. on November 17, 2007, 05:45:13 PM
It's a great game, but not really all that great. You can just turn the Wii off and not play it again without wanting to play more. After a few stars, I felt like I was forcing myself to keep playing and then I just got sucked into it until I finally got the star. There's not really any "want" to get more stars, you just feel like getting really badly after you've entered a galaxy and then you lose that feeling after you back into the "observatory".

Definitely a buy, but not a "good enough 4 the hole jesismus lol".
I wanted play it the second I got home from school so I could beat it, but now that I have 85+ stars I don't want to play it constantly but it's still really fun. Actually hard later on too ^_^

Feynman

Quote from: reefer on November 17, 2007, 06:07:12 PM
I wanted play it the second I got home from school so I could beat it, but now that I have 85+ stars I don't want to play it constantly but it's still really fun. Actually hard later on too ^_^

JESUS SHOULD I PLAY IT OR JUST SINK INTO THE DEPRESSION OF HOMEWORK cry;

Claquesous

I wasn't going to get it because I hate Mario, but my friend talked about how awesome it was, and he doesn't like Mario either. Surely I'll like it.

Feynman

Quote from: Claquesous on November 18, 2007, 10:13:29 AM
I wasn't going to get it because I hate Mario, but my friend talked about how awesome it was, and he doesn't like Mario either. Surely I'll like it.

Why have something against Mario? I can understand hating his fanboys, but why Mario?

Pyrate

November 24, 2007, 07:22:33 AM #27 Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 02:07:15 PM by Miss Freaking Pyrate
So I beat it yesterday. Yeah, easily the best 3D Mario. (SM64 is an overrated pile of meh, and don't even get me started on Suckshine.) It's easy at times, but it makes up for it by having really creative, fun levels. And the bosses are neat. In fact, the only things I can really complain about are the swimming controls (I don't want to spend 5 minutes trying to grab a coin underwater), and even just moving around on certain planets is a pain. Also, the final boss battle was too short and easy, so I didn't feel very triumphant when I beat it. More like, "...That's it?" But that's alright, because the rest of the game kicked some ass.

Overall, it was a very good game; easily the best I currently own for the Wii. So like Mario? Buy it. But don't expect some epic storyline. It's just save the princess all over again, with some blonde chick thrown in.

Quote from: Miss Freaking Pyrate on November 24, 2007, 07:22:33 AM
So I beat it yesterday. Yeah, easily the best 3D Mario. (SM64 is an overrated pile of meh, and don't even get me started on Suckshine.) It's easy at times, but it makes up for it by having really creative, fun levels. And the bosses are neat. In fact, the only things I can really complain about are the swimming controls (I don't want to spend 5 minutes trying to grab a coin underwater), and even just moving around on certain planets is a pain. Also, the final boss battle was too short and easy, so I didn't feel very triumphant when I beat it. More like, "...That's it?" But that's alright, because the rest of the game kicked some ass.

Overall, it was a very good game; easily the best I currently own for the Wii. So like Mario? Buy it. But don't expect some epic storyline. It's just save the princess all over again, with some blonde chick thrown in.
Game is unsatisfying if you only get 61 stars.

Go Up