October 05, 2024, 09:28:32 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

AHHH SNES TROUBLES HELP HELP HELP

Started by Samus Aran, October 17, 2007, 05:31:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

OH GOD

See that? The original SNES RF adapter. I still use it. My hookup scheme has always allowed for me to switch easily between cable tv, snes, vcr, and N64/GCN (they use the same hookup into the vcr so i swap them).

NOW PICTURE THIS

Normally I have one RF cable going from the TV into one port of the back of the VCR. That's the input port or whatever. Now above that, there's another port on the back of the VCR. There's a cable going from it into the port on the RF adapter I have pictured above. Now the RF cord extending from the top of the adapter goes into a standard cable jack on a wall or whatever that allows for cable TV. Lastly, the cord extending from the side of the RF adapter goes straight into the back of the SNES.

THIS ALWAYS USED TO WORK. Now it doesn't. I have no idea why.

YET FOR SOME REASON...just plugging the adapter itself into the TV to have nothing but a direct SNES-TV link works.

psyduck; psyduck; psyduck;

HELP ME

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG

The artist formally known

What I would do is use the RCA inputs on the SIDE of the NES.

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on October 17, 2007, 05:35:29 PM
What I would do is use the RCA inputs on the SIDE of the NES.

...what the fuck are you talking about? This is an SNES.

Samus Aran

SUCCESS

I REVERSED IT BY USING THE RF ADAPTER DIRECTLY INTO THE TV, THEN HAVING THE PORT ON THE ADAPTER GO TO THE VCR, THEN HAVING A CORD FROM THE VCR GO TO THE CABLE JACK

I DON'T KNOW WHY MY OLD SETUP STOPPED WORKING BUT THIS ONE WORKS SO OKAY

Quote from: Rei Kazanami on October 17, 2007, 05:38:10 PM
...what the fuck are you talking about? This is an SNES.
oh what the fuck, never heard of someone using RF switch for an SNES.

use the RCA cord that comes with N64 and GCN

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on October 17, 2007, 05:44:56 PM

...holy shit.

I have never realized until now that the RCA end fit into that multitap thing.

Quote from: Rei Kazanami on October 17, 2007, 05:46:23 PM
...holy shit.

I have never realized until now that the RCA end fit into that multitap thing.
Multitap? What?

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on October 17, 2007, 05:59:35 PM
Multitap? What?

The multitap was an accessory that allowed you to plug in up to 5 SNES controllers. It was good mostly for Bomberman games.

Quote from: Rei Kazanami on October 17, 2007, 09:29:22 PM
The multitap was an accessory that allowed you to plug in up to 5 SNES controllers. It was good mostly for Bomberman games.
Oh.

My friend has one and it just plugs into the 2nd controller port.

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on October 17, 2007, 10:10:40 PM
Oh.

My friend has one and it just plugs into the 2nd controller port.

...I don't know why I never thought of it plugging into the controller port. psyduck;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: reefer on October 17, 2007, 05:44:56 PM

OH GOD, REAPER, I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT WOULD FIT

And I just found the plug today, but whatever. Super Nintendo games look much better now, and I'll test N64 games later.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

strongbad

Because of the old shitty TV in my room with no AV imputs, I'm stuck using RF adapters for EVERY system I own. I got this thing at radioshack that I plug into the RF thingy and it gives me the red white yellow imputs so I can plug in my wii/360 into that (its annoying having to switch them). Also, I have my ps2, snes, genesis, and n64 all on a string of 4 RF adapters that plugs into the AV imput adapter. God, I hate going behind my TV..

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Strongbad007 on January 18, 2008, 07:57:14 PM
Because of the old shitty TV in my room with no AV imputs, I'm stuck using RF adapters for EVERY system I own. I got this thing at radioshack that I plug into the RF thingy and it gives me the red white yellow imputs so I can plug in my wii/360 into that (its annoying having to switch them). Also, I have my ps2, snes, genesis, and n64 all on a string of 4 RF adapters that plugs into the AV imput adapter. God, I hate going behind my TV..
I always had to do hat to, but now I have six systems set up at once with my 943785 ports on my LCD TV.

and if you have multiples of those rf adaptors like i do, you can hook up multiple systems into the same port meaty cocks

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Does your TV give a weaker and weaker signal each time you go through one of those switches?

Kalahari Inkantation

I used to have to do that when I had my ancient TV. Now I have a couple if new ones, so it's no longer a problem. caterpie;

Go Up