October 05, 2024, 07:37:57 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

PTC exposes themselves as retarded faggots once again

Started by Geno, January 18, 2008, 08:57:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Geno

"LOS ANGELES (January 16, 2008) ? The Parents Television Council? denounced the video game industry for establishing a Political Action Committee (PAC), as reported in the New York Times.

?The video game industry continues to fight meaningful accountability for selling inappropriate material to children.  The industry has been exposed repeatedly for its reprehensible behavior and now they are looking for ways to buy friends in the government,? said PTC President Tim Winter.

?Let me be clear of our intentions: Any public servant who cashes a check from the video game industry will be exposed by the PTC as taking a stand against families, and his or her actions will be communicated to constituents in his or her congressional district.

?The Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) has offered little to prevent companies like Rockstar Games from subjecting millions of children to sexually graphic material as they did with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.  More recently, when it was revealed that Manhunt 2 still contained horrific violence that was thought to have been completely removed, the ESRB was missing in action.  Congress has asked for accountability and Sen. Brownback?s ?Truth in Video Game Rating Act? would require the ESRB to actually play the games they are rating, yet the industry appears threatened by this and is looking to procure votes in Congress to keep it from becoming accountable.

?Under current laws, retailers are not obligated to impose restrictions on the sale of video games to minors, but the PTC?s own secret shopper campaigns have demonstrated that a majority of children under age 17 can still purchase mature-rated video games without their parents.  The industry?s effort to self-regulate this matter is laughable.  And every state measure intended to codify the game industry?s own procedures have been killed by the industry lawyers.  Such a measure will allow adults to continue to produce, sell and purchase mature games while preventing children from purchasing them without an adult present at the transaction.

?We will continue to fight for fair and commonsensical solutions to ensure that video game retailers do not sell or rent ?M-rated? or ?AO-rated? video games to minors.?"

Source

the PTC gives me major lulz at how they try to babysit all of America's kids for parents.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

ncba93ivyase

Games aren't toys anymore, and haven't been since the 2600 days. These idiots are stilling trying to live 30 years in the past.

Also, let's sue TV because everything on it is utter slop and sex and violence can be seen by everyone at the push of a button.

Or let's just ban the bible, since it's loaded with everything deemed "innappropriate," but read to children as soon as they leave the womb.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

strongbad

Idea: Parents can pay attention to the games their kids get  caterpie;
Oh wait, then I wouldn't own Mass Effect. Alien sex is overrated anyways...

Go Up