July 02, 2024, 11:23:28 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Which of the major aspects of a game is most important?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 07, 2011, 09:25:53 AM

previous topic - next topic

goodjob;

Graphics
1 (9.1%)
Gameplay
10 (90.9%)
Music (:'()
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

I'm probably biased, but I think music might rival gameplay in terms of importance. goowan

for instance, i'm not sure the early megaman games would be nearly as enjoyable without their excellent soundtracks befuddlement

Anyway, the two most important to me are gameplay and music, though attractive graphics and everything else can certainly add to the experience. sillydood;

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Nyerp

gameplay

if a game is in a genre that i don't like, then i automatically won't play it 5thgrade;

Samus Aran

well, gameplay is most important of course. and i definitely disagree with the idea that mega man wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable without the music. the music is definitely a factor, but the point is the gameplay. it's challenging and fun as can be.

Nyerp

if you can't enjoy a video game that doesn't have some kind of complex rpg story then you're an idiot

Samus Aran

i don't anyone who said "story" as one of theirs meant that they can't enjoy a game without a complex rpg story, nyerp

Kalahari Inkantation

i should mention that i'd put gameplay above music but they're still close

Story doesn't matter at all, and attractive graphics graphics can help, but really aren't necessary either.  I would never force myself through a chore of a game if it happened to have an amazing story and incredible graphics. goodjob;

YPrrrr

I don't see how a game with an incredible story can possibly be a chore confuseddood;

I'd say gameplay, story, and competitiveness are what drives me towards a game. I really like well-written games such as Mass Effect but then I also really enjoy games such as CoD or NHL online because they have great multiplayer systems in place

Nyerp

competitiveness is on the very bottom on the list for me goodjob;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPR on August 07, 2011, 01:35:18 PM
I don't see how a game with an incredible story can possibly be a chore confuseddood;

a great story doesn't necessarily make a game a chore, but it seems like often games with "amazing" stories are absolutely boring to play

like many, many jrpgs sillydood;

silvertone

Thyme

Quote from: Nyerp on August 07, 2011, 01:39:34 PM
competitiveness is on the very bottom on the list for me goodjob;

me2 5thgrade;
Quote from: Tectrika on August 07, 2011, 01:41:53 PM
a great story doesn't necessarily make a game a chore, but it seems like often games with "amazing" stories are absolutely boring to play

like many, many jrpgs sillydood;

wow rude
and wrong imo

Nyerp

YPrrrr

I like competing against people because it's more satisfying to outwit a person than a pre-programmed opponent with certain patterns
Quote from: Nyerp on August 07, 2011, 01:45:37 PM
>jrpgs
>amazing stories

lolwat
Seriously, I'm confused as well

Samus Aran

i think that the days of jrpgs having great stories pretty much ended last generation and isn't coming back in any big way any time soon

Go Up