July 05, 2024, 07:40:09 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Which of the major aspects of a game is most important?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 07, 2011, 09:25:53 AM

previous topic - next topic

goodjob;

Graphics
1 (9.1%)
Gameplay
10 (90.9%)
Music (:'()
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Go Down

Nyerp

Quote from: Tectrika on August 07, 2011, 04:16:11 PM
what

aren't the paper mario and m&l games turn-based lol

uh yes but they're not turn-based strategy and in no way are they overly complicated wtf goonish

Kalahari Inkantation

no they're not complicated but i still feel there's too much menu navigation :|

Nyerp

Quote from: Tectrika on August 07, 2011, 04:22:37 PM
no they're not complicated but i still feel there's too much menu navigation :|

lol what the hell no there is not

Kalahari Inkantation

Maybe I should give them another chance, but the battle systems in the Paper Mario/M&L games have never really appealed to me. :'(

Nyerp

those games have the most appealing battle systems of any rpg i've ever played because they're so simple and don't rely on you just selecting something from a menu :|

so if you don't like them you'll probably never like any other jrpg imo

Samus Aran

...too much menu navigation in paper mario?

wow lol

Nyerp

Kalahari Inkantation

i can probably count the number of turn-based games i've played on my hands, but i don't think i've ever finished any of the ones i've started because i feel like i'm forcing myself through them :'(

pokemon soulsilver
super mario rpg
mario and luigi: partners in time
paper mario ttyd
final fantasy 3

probs. some others

smithicide;

This is painful for me to admit. awdood;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Suigintou on August 07, 2011, 04:40:23 PM
...too much menu navigation in paper mario?

wow lol

imo any menu navigation during battles is too much as it is completely unnecessary in this day and age :'(

Nyerp

Quote from: Tectrika on August 07, 2011, 04:43:18 PM
i can probably count the number of turn-based games i've played on my hands, but i don't think i've ever finished any of the ones i've started because i feel like i'm forcing myself through them :'(

pokemon soulsilver
super mario rpg
mario and luigi: partners in time
paper mario ttyd
final fantasy 3

probs. some others

smithicide;

This is painful for me to admit. awdood;

partners in time???? ew ew ew ew ew EW play the first one first :| :|

ehhh if you're new to final fantasy i would advise against playing 3 because it is hard as all hell and really archaic

Quote from: Tectrika on August 07, 2011, 04:44:20 PM
imo any menu navigation during battles is too much as it is completely unnecessary in this day and age :'(

oh come the fuck on, that's just you denying the worth of an entire genre of video games because they're different than what you're used to and wow i shouldn't be talking here lol

Andria

Quote from: Tectrika on August 07, 2011, 04:10:28 PM
[spoiler]I think I have trouble enjoying turn-based strategy games. smithicide;[/spoiler]

it just seems like such an archaic, unnecessary, overly complicated way to do things :'(

I love turn based strategy games

they are one of my favourites

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectrika on August 07, 2011, 04:44:20 PM

no it's not unnecessary because that destroys the entire genre group that is any rpg that's not an action rpg

it's hard to explain, but there IS an appeal to turn-based battle. more control over strategy and such. if you don't see the appeal that's fine but trust me, whether it's "necessary" or not isn't the point

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Nyerp on August 07, 2011, 04:48:16 PM
oh come the fuck on, that's just you denying the worth of an entire genre of video games because they're different than what you're used to

i know

i know

I've never mentioned that I have trouble with turn-based battle systems before because I realize some of those games, even many of the ones I mentioned in my other post, are considered great, and it makes me feel horrible. :'(

Thyme

Well speaking of strategy, I've never been into RTS games much, I'd say mostly because it's a very PC-centric genre.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Suigintou on August 07, 2011, 04:51:04 PM
no it's not unnecessary because that destroys the entire genre group that is any rpg that's not an action rpg

i think what actually puts me off is menu navigation lol

modern turn-based games don't need to rely on menus, actions could easily be mapped to buttons >.<

Go Up