September 27, 2024, 12:26:57 PM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

RUMOR: NEW 3DS XL out next month

Started by Commander Fuckass, January 12, 2015, 10:37:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

TooB

So i got my new 3ds and got all data transferred .
i really like this thing. more so for it being an xl

bluaki

Quote from: David on February 18, 2015, 02:53:39 PM
also, i wish the brightness control were a hardware button instead of software-based
I like the way DSi in particular handled both volume and brightness. It has volume up/down buttons on the side of the system (rather than a slider that you can accidentally move) and you can hold select to use those buttons as brightness up/down.

Every other DS and 3DS system has brightness control in software only.

don't let's

6M69I69B9

man i just got mine yesterday and wow holy shit

it is so big

im so used to regular rsized

tho i still want reg. sized.  but wow playing on a big screen is really cool

just wow

transferred everything and etc. pretty cool

also used my amiibos for the first time. 
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Kalahari Inkantation

how do those of you who now have access to one feel about its pixel density sillydood;

6M69I69B9

man

smh...
tbh imo
some things on the xl look pretty discussing

before i transferred everything i was surprised how sharp the reg 3ds seemed in comparison

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on February 21, 2015, 06:01:24 PM
how do those of you who now have access to one feel about its pixel density sillydood;
awful.  even compared to the normal 3ds xl

Kalahari Inkantation

apparently its pixel density is hardly any better than the original gameboy's

lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: TLL7-MIB-7LLT on February 21, 2015, 06:09:40 PM
man

smh...
tbh imo

before i transferred everything i was surprised how sharp the reg 3ds seemed in comparison

are there are games in particular that look discussing on it

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on February 21, 2015, 06:16:24 PM
Quote from: TLL7-MIB-7LLT on February 21, 2015, 06:09:40 PM
man

smh...
tbh imo

are there are games in particular that look discussing on it
animal crossing

Classic

It looks like you're playing through a screen door.  giggle;

TooB

I havent really noticed. it doesnt look to bad to me.

TooB

although i did notice kingdom hearts looking a bit more jaggy, but nothing distracting

Kalahari Inkantation

i got my hands on a pair of these the other day (upgrading from a non-xl original model)

+super stable 3d actually makes the 3d slider worth having up at all times, the way it should have been when the original piece of garbage was first launched
+i was lucky enough to get one with ips screens (as opposed to tn screens like the other models use), color quality and viewing angles are immensely better on this model
+layout and overall feel of the face buttons is improved, triggers don't feel quite as fragile (though knowing nintendo's track record with handheld shoulder buttons i doubt they're actually any sturdier)
+i had my concerns about the screen size and reduced pixel density, but honestly it looks fine lol, i greatly prefer these larger screens over the postage stamps that were the original 3ds' and the benefits of the larger screens far outweigh the ppi cost

Quote from: Classic on February 21, 2015, 07:07:52 PM
It looks like you're playing through a screen door.  giggle;

i mean it really isn't nearly this bad lol

still, minimum of 720p would be great, and if nintendo's next handheld doesn't manage at least that, in a world where the average $200 shitphone can have a 1080p ips display, then i hope the iphone 7s wipes nintendo off the map once and for all

anyway,

-stupid sd card placement, i really shouldn't need a screwdriver and to pry off the entire back panel to access it
-needlessly convoluted system transfer process full of idiotic and inconvenient drm measures
-the complete lack of tactile feedback from the analog nub - while it works, it simply doesn't move at all
-charger sold separately 5thgrade;
-dumb and completely unnecessary glossiness, why in shit's name does nintendo still insist on glossy handhelds when they become dull and covered in body oils within five minutes of use
-the fact that not every model of the new 3ds comes with comes with the vastly superior ips screens, it seems like 66% of them come with the obviously inferior tn screens that the old models use, and because there's no mention of this anywhere on the external packaging and no acknowledgement of the screen tech differences from nintendo, it's entirely luck of the draw whether you get a model with superior ips screens or not (i mean holy shit how is that acceptable)

the second model i picked up has tn screens and the difference in quality compared to the other model is absolutely appalling

i swear to cripes, nintendo doesn't have a goddamn ounce of respect for its brain dead fans, it's legitimately one of the most anti-consumer companies in the gaming industry

Go Up