June 26, 2024, 03:07:11 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

RUMOR: NEW 3DS XL out next month

Started by Commander Fuckass, January 12, 2015, 10:37:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Quote from: Tectron on February 13, 2015, 04:10:51 PM
i think it's actually his sister's bf's lol

but he also said every target had a stock of five in addition to however many might have been preordered per store
both of these are correct, i just camped out with him for it
if i'd had the money i possibly would have gotten one, the thing is v. nice

Quote from: Platinum the Trinity on February 13, 2015, 04:48:11 PM
Oh I just assumed it was his goowab
yes that was my intent lmao

6M69I69B9

dang they didn't even ship mine and i only got an estimate of when it'll come

this sux

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Classic

TooB

Quote from: TLL7-MIB-7LLT on February 14, 2015, 02:11:33 PM
dang they didn't even ship mine and i only got an estimate of when it'll come

this sux

mine too.
if it doesnt ship on monday, i'll call support

Snowy

Not the best angle but it's w/e. I really dig the system. It runs really well and the 3D actually works for me without giving me a headache now. MM is nice but really easy and streamlined now. Haven't played much MH4U but I'll be doing se online with friends soon.

Snowy

Also the little nubbin is great for Smash.

bluaki

I picked up my N3DSXL and a copy of MM3D on Friday. It feels nice and the 3D really is improved, but it's still a very minor upgrade and very much the same as my regular 3DSXL. I would have preferred the smaller N3DS model and I might actually still consider it if they eventually release it here.

My system is the regular black color, while my roommates got the MM-edition and MH-edition systems. I think both special edition systems look a lot better in-person than they did in pictures.

Quote from: Snowy on February 14, 2015, 11:53:55 PM
>still playing SSB3D after SSBU released

Quote from: Jojo on February 13, 2015, 10:40:58 AM
Dsi had a similar thing with dsi exclusives, which were hardly "games" and dsi enhanced games.
I can't recall any of those though....
DSi-enhanced games may optionally use the cameras or WPA-secured wifi networks, but they are region-locked so that they can only be played on DSi systems from the same region they were released in (while they can play on DS and DS Lite systems from any region)
The most popular DSi-enhanced games are Pokemon Black, White, Black 2, and White 2.
The only other first or second party examples, as far as I know, are Pokemon Conquest and one of the Mario vs DK Minis games.

DSi-exclusive games include every download-only "DSiWare" game and exactly four retail games: Face Training, Foto Showdown, Picture Perfect Hair Salon, and System: Flaw. None of them were particularly major releases and all of them required the cameras for gameplay. Face Training in particular wasn't even released in US.

TooB

Quote from: bluaki on February 15, 2015, 12:03:55 AM
I picked up my N3DSXL and a copy of MM3D on Friday. It feels nice and the 3D really is improved, but it's still a very minor upgrade and very much the same as my regular 3DSXL. I would have preferred the smaller N3DS model and I might actually still consider it if they eventually release it here.

My system is the regular black color, while my roommates got the MM-edition and MH-edition systems. I think both special edition systems look a lot better in-person than they did in pictures.

Quote from: Jojo on February 13, 2015, 10:40:58 AM
Dsi had a similar thing with dsi exclusives, which were hardly "games" and dsi enhanced games.
I can't recall any of those though....
DSi-enhanced games may optionally use the cameras or WPA-secured wifi networks, but they are region-locked so that they can only be played on DSi systems from the same region they were released in (while they can play on DS and DS Lite systems from any region)
The most popular DSi-enhanced games are Pokemon Black, White, Black 2, and White 2.
The only other first or second party examples, as far as I know, are Pokemon Conquest and one of the Mario vs DK Minis games.

DSi-exclusive games include every download-only "DSiWare" game and exactly four retail games: Face Training, Foto Showdown, Picture Perfect Hair Salon, and System: Flaw. None of them were particularly major releases and all of them required the cameras for gameplay. Face Training in particular wasn't even released in US.
i forgot dsiware was a thing.....

Snowy

Quote from: bluaki on February 15, 2015, 12:03:55 AM
I don't have my WiiU here lol. Gina has it so if I wanna smash I can just play it on my 3DS. I do plan on getting my own WiiU though.

TooB

ME##

Quote from: http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/13/8032475/new-nintendo-3ds-xl-reviewIf the disappointing launch years of the Wii U weren't evidence enough, the New Nintendo 3DS XL further demonstrates that Nintendo doesn't have a clue how to name and market its hardware. We can't fathom the amount of bewilderment the New Nintendo 3DS XL may cause in a mainstream audience, particularly if Nintendo starts publishing a higher volume of games exclusive to the new hardware. Nintendo seems to want to take the Apple approach to naming, but a 3DS is not an iPad; this can only to lead to headaches.

It doesn't help matters that the New Nintendo 3DS XL looks more or less identical to the previous 3DS XL model, aside from additional inputs and a slightly rounder bevel. The smaller New Nintendo 3DS model avoids this sameyness with interchangeable faceplates â€" but that smaller version has not been announced for release in North America. And on top of everything else, the new hardware doesn't come with a charging cable, adding additional cost on for anyone who doesn't currently own a 3DS.

Worse yet, the unclear message behind the New Nintendo 3DS XL undermines the hardware. We don't have a firm sense of whether the system will be supported for long, whether it will divide the 3DS market, whether it's an upgrade that's going to be necessary in the long-term or not.

TooB

Quote from: David on February 16, 2015, 06:36:11 PM
Quote from: http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/13/8032475/new-nintendo-3ds-xl-reviewIf the disappointing launch years of the Wii U weren't evidence enough, the New Nintendo 3DS XL further demonstrates that Nintendo doesn't have a clue how to name and market its hardware. We can't fathom the amount of bewilderment the New Nintendo 3DS XL may cause in a mainstream audience, particularly if Nintendo starts publishing a higher volume of games exclusive to the new hardware. Nintendo seems to want to take the Apple approach to naming, but a 3DS is not an iPad; this can only to lead to headaches.

It doesn't help matters that the New Nintendo 3DS XL looks more or less identical to the previous 3DS XL model, aside from additional inputs and a slightly rounder bevel. The smaller New Nintendo 3DS model avoids this sameyness with interchangeable faceplates â€" but that smaller version has not been announced for release in North America. And on top of everything else, the new hardware doesn't come with a charging cable, adding additional cost on for anyone who doesn't currently own a 3DS.

Worse yet, the unclear message behind the New Nintendo 3DS XL undermines the hardware. We don't have a firm sense of whether the system will be supported for long, whether it will divide the 3DS market, whether it's an upgrade that's going to be necessary in the long-term or not.

This is exactly my thoughts when the thing was first announced.

But I still got one, because
1. I wanted an XL
2. Best version so far
3. Whatever it was time to upgrade.

But its still stupid and even worse marketing than Wii U.

It would've been a better idea to at least call it 3DS U

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Jojo on February 16, 2015, 06:38:48 PM
It would've been a better idea to at least call it 3DS U

considering that the '''new''' 3ds is just an improved 3ds and not an entirely new machine, while the wii u is an entirely new machine and not just an improved wii, i think that probably would have been even more confusing lol

but yeah there were a plethora of naming options they could have chosen to indicate that it's an improved 3ds without trying and failing miserably to copy apple's flair and confusing every single one of their ten remaining loyal customers

ME##

also, i wish the brightness control were a hardware button instead of software-based

YPrrrr

Quote>still playing SSB3D after SSBU released
>using the cstick/nubbin

Go Up