June 17, 2024, 03:35:49 AM

1,531,266 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

RUMOR: NEW 3DS XL out next month

Started by Commander Fuckass, January 12, 2015, 10:37:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

don't let's

The artist formally known

How much longer until Nintendos next handheld? A couple years at the most?

TooB

Quote from: reefer on January 13, 2015, 09:52:07 AM
next month, assuming this rumor is true

Quote from: Jojo on January 13, 2015, 12:12:14 PM
lol ok smart ass, what about after that?

TooB

Quote from: reefer on January 13, 2015, 12:44:25 PM
Quote from: Jojo on January 13, 2015, 12:12:14 PM
lol ok smart ass, what about after that?
probably what you said. ~2 yrs

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on January 13, 2015, 03:09:56 AM
http://www.geek.com/games/there-wont-be-a-3ds-lite-system-is-fully-packed-from-the-start-1309783/

when do the rumours about the 3ds's full successor start?  will nintendo be forced to reveal it by the japanese media before e3 again?
lmao a couple of years?  that's some wishful thinking there.  the 3ds is dead officially now.

A small step up just seems counter productive, they have a few years before they release another portable console which is ultimately going to be another beefed up 3DS unless some actual bendable displays start making consumer appearances.

The 3DS is fine and dandy, why confuse consumers and waste R&D on a half step up

bluaki

There's a Nintendo Direct tomorrow morning, so they'll probably officially announce the N3DS release during that.
And maybe the release date of Majora's Mask 3D.

Also, I expect the next main handheld system from Nintendo will release by the end of 2016. Patterns say that there hasn't been a gap of more than two years between hardware releases ever since the original GBA, I don't expect any other revisions for the 3DS line, and Nintendo has recently slowed down on its releases for 3DS.

Quote from: reefer on January 13, 2015, 01:07:57 PM
A small step up just seems counter productive, they have a few years before they release another portable console which is ultimately going to be another beefed up 3DS unless some actual bendable displays start making consumer appearances.

The 3DS is fine and dandy, why confuse consumers and waste R&D on a half step up
That's what Nintendo always does. It's exactly the same situation as DSi, or maybe also comparable to all the other revisions like DSiXL, GB Micro, GB Pocket, Game Boy Light

The biggest reason I want this one is the form factor. I feel like regular 3DS is too small and 3DSXL is too big, while the new small model is great. Extra inputs, better 3D, faster speeds, and potential exclusives help it too.

ME##

sony releases good designed handheld and only fixes it to make it chaper
nitnedo on the other hand designs junk and then expects you to buy eight revisions until the 'definitive' one comes out, right before the next'gen' comes out

Quote from: David on January 13, 2015, 01:34:02 PM
sony releases good designed handheld and only fixes it to make it chaper
nitnedo on the other hand designs junk and then expects you to buy eight revisions until the 'definitive' one comes out, right before the next'gen' comes out
Yeah but Nintendo's handhelds are portable and usually have a huge game catalog that offers games not directly inferior to their console counterpart.

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler][/spoiler]

some more color options would sure be nice

nintendo must be determined to not ever release a white 3ds console in north america

Travis

haven't these fuckers updated this thing enough yet? jesus christ

Kalahari Inkantation

three releases in a span of four years just isn't enough

and we still have the """new""" 2ds to look forward to

[spoiler]

nintendo literally releases consoles at a higher rate than activision releases call of duty games[/spoiler]

Go Up