September 28, 2024, 07:29:10 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The sorry state of Konami

Started by ME##, April 26, 2015, 08:15:29 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/25/8498359/silent-hills-teaser-p-t-playstation-store-konami

This really makes me wonder what exactly Kojima did that pissed off the Konami executives this much rofl.  It's pretty much ruining a game most Konami fans, if such a thing still exists, to spite the man who created its only good game series. 

[spoiler]inb4 the crusade of 'BUUUUUUUUUUT CASTLEVANIA ;-;'[/spoiler]

PLEASEHELP1991

they don't want Kojima to overshadow the mainline Konami brand?????
I think they make more money from mobile games obv
I love [you]

Thyme

this gen has no games

and when it does they get cancelled

TooB

at this rate, MGS5 will also be canned

Samus Aran

Quote from: Jojo on April 26, 2015, 10:50:24 AM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/04/26/rumor-quot-it-39-s-not-gonna-happen-quot-says-guillermo-del-toro-on-silent-hills.aspx

jesus FUCKING christ i'm mad if this ends up being true

i was looking forward to this series finally coming back with a good game again

also @david's op: "buuuuut castlevania" isn't as valid an argument as it used to be anyway so you won't hear it from us lol

at least, not until they make another new one that isn't a damn lords of shadow game

what does konami even do anymore???

Kalahari Inkantation

April 26, 2015, 01:04:14 PM #7 Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 01:09:03 PM by Tectron
anyone who might have been hoping to play pt at some point but doesn't yet own a ps4 can still head to the psn store and purchase it before it's taken down, that way it'll be in your download list for whenever you do get one

well, unless sony completely removes it from its servers, that is

i just did this despite having no intention of ever playing it lol

Kalahari Inkantation

and yeah, konami must be fully aware that they're nobody without kojima, i'll be surprised if they don't go out of business soon after his contract expires

what could he have done to anger them so much that they'd be willing to destroy themselves to spite him lol

Thyme

Quote from: Tectron on April 26, 2015, 01:04:14 PM
anyone who might have been hoping to play pt at some point but doesn't yet own a ps4 can still head to the psn store and purchase it before it's taken down, that way it'll be in your download list for whenever you do get one

unless sony completely removes it from its servers, that is

ok i did this

[spoiler]you should find a way to play it too some time sillydood;[/spoiler]

TooB

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on April 26, 2015, 01:01:42 PM
Quote from: Jojo on April 26, 2015, 10:50:24 AM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/04/26/rumor-quot-it-39-s-not-gonna-happen-quot-says-guillermo-del-toro-on-silent-hills.aspx

jesus FUCKING christ i'm mad if this ends up being true

i was looking forward to this series finally coming back with a good game again

also @david's op: "buuuuut castlevania" isn't as valid an argument as it used to be anyway so you won't hear it from us lol

at least, not until they make another new one that isn't a damn lords of shadow game

what does konami even do anymore???
to be fair, lords of shadow is a good game, but still, I sure as hell don't want it to be the future of the series.

I honestly think, the best we can hope for at this point, since Igarashi also left Konami, is for Mighty No. Castlevania

Kalahari Inkantation

TooB

Thyme

Quote from: Tectron on April 26, 2015, 01:04:14 PM
i just did this despite having no intention of ever playing it lol

madood;

Go Up