July 05, 2024, 08:16:30 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

GUYS GUESS WHAT NINTENDO ANNOUNCED

Started by Commander Fuckass, August 29, 2014, 05:39:20 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

klappa

Quote from: Platinum the Trinity on August 29, 2014, 10:20:32 AM
Quote from: klappa on August 29, 2014, 08:49:54 AM
nintendo should stop making handhelds and sell their shit on smartphones

oh hell no
As a consumer, you should be glad if this were to happen. Why don't you want it?

don't let's

Quote from: Jojo on August 29, 2014, 10:41:43 AM
No. It will be a refined version of the new 3ds in less than a year called the new 3ds WiiH8U
Well I mean, this is basically on track with what they did with the ds. More or less.

Classic

I can't believe Jojo is so pissed over this.

TooB

Quote from: … on August 29, 2014, 10:45:05 AM
No. It will be a refined version of the new 3ds in less than a year called the new 3ds WiiH8U
Well I mean, this is basically on track with what they did with the ds. More or less.
yes but at least every ds version was essentially the same console. The only exclusive games were for dsi and they were barely games.

Samus Aran

Quote from: klappa on August 29, 2014, 10:43:53 AM

oh hell no
As a consumer, you should be glad if this were to happen. Why don't you want it?

because i don't want to have to play the next handheld castlevania by dragging ___ belmont across a touch screen with my index finger

the smartphone is not the smart answer to all handheld gaming, it's a different platform for certain games and many games would not fit said platform well

TooB

Quote from: Peggy on August 29, 2014, 10:45:50 AM
I can't believe Jojo is so pissed over this.
i guess i shouldnt be, as i do want to upgrade my 3ds, but i bemoan nintendos marketing tactics

Hiro

plus those dsi exclusives were only available on their eshop so you didn't have the potential to buy a physical game only to realize shit's not gonna work without a new system (or circle pad pro)

ME##

Why are the face buttons coloured??? Why does Nintendo have no foresight?  Why does Nintendo like to cause more fragmentation than Google?

TooB

Quote from: y-i on August 29, 2014, 10:49:36 AM
plus those dsi exclusives were only available on their eshop so you didn't have the potential to buy a physical game only to realize shit's not gonna work without a new system (or circle pad pro)
no there were some physical games to buy, but pretty much they were AR games to use the cameras

don't let's

Quote from: Jojo on August 29, 2014, 10:46:45 AM
yes but at least every ds version was essentially the same console. The only exclusive games were for dsi and they were barely games.
Yeah, except for the dsi (that did have quite a few differences compared to the rest of the ds line) which this sort of revision would be more akin too.

TooB

Quote from: David on August 29, 2014, 10:50:25 AM
Why are the face buttons coloured??? Why does Nintendo have no foresight?  Why does Nintendo like to cause more fragmentation than Google?
why no colored buttons till now?
Lol, theyre ok i guess

Hiro

seriously nintendo should just have held off for like 2 more years and just released a totally new system
this update would just be great and without shitty implications if they just didn't put that c-stick and 2 extra shoulder buttons on it

klappa

Quote from: Platinum the Trinity on August 29, 2014, 10:48:09 AM
Quote from: klappa on August 29, 2014, 10:43:53 AM

oh hell no

because i don't want to have to play the next handheld castlevania by dragging ___ belmont across a touch screen with my index finger

the smartphone is not the smart answer to all handheld gaming, it's a different platform for certain games and many games would not fit said platform well
Oh, I forgot about buttons.  Guess you have a point.

They would benefit a lot from making games for smartphones though. There's probably huge demand, and it's also the fastest growing platform.

TooB

Quote from: … on August 29, 2014, 10:51:48 AM
Quote from: Jojo on August 29, 2014, 10:46:45 AM
Yeah, except for the dsi (that did have quite a few differences compared to the rest of the ds line) which this sort of revision would be more akin too.
eeehhhh... this is a bit more drastic than that. Not hardware wise mind you, software wise

Hiro

Quote from: David on August 29, 2014, 10:50:25 AM
Why are the face buttons coloured??? Why does Nintendo have no foresight?  Why does Nintendo like to cause more fragmentation than Google?
I think the colored face buttons look nice, it's a throwback to the Super Famicom controller

[spoiler]also i think android's fragmentation is getting reasonably under control lately[/spoiler]

Go Up