June 28, 2024, 09:45:21 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

GUYS GUESS WHAT NINTENDO ANNOUNCED

Started by Commander Fuckass, August 29, 2014, 05:39:20 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Classic

Quote from: David on August 29, 2014, 04:21:06 PM
maybe i should just sell my 3ds on craigslist and get a vita

David, Vita has no games.

At least with the new model, it plays old and new 3DS software.

silvertone

honestly you are btter off w/ a regular DS and just playing GBA gameso n it

Kalahari Inkantation

ME##

Quote from: Peggy on August 29, 2014, 05:35:06 PM
Quote from: David on August 29, 2014, 04:21:06 PM
maybe i should just sell my 3ds on craigslist and get a vita

David, Vita has no games.

At least with the new model, it plays old and new 3DS software.
Vita has Tearaway

Kalahari Inkantation

ME##

Kalahari Inkantation

i would bet that the vita does provide the optimal tearaway experience

But $250 worth of optimal when I already own a PS4? psh

Hiro

Quote from: bluaki on August 29, 2014, 02:18:43 PM
Good: improved 3D, analog nub, less weight, faster home menu, colored face buttons, NFC, DS-like Start/Select placement, plates, smaller size model keeps the design improvements that 3DS XL had over 3DS
Bad: switching to microSD, worse stylus size and placement, volume slider on the lid like the 3D slider, game card slot placement

I'll probably buy one of these new model systems, but I'm unsure whether I want the smaller or larger version.
I actually think the volume slider up top is better, it's symmetrical and it also means you won't accidentally change the volume as I've often done with my 3DS and DS Lite
also I don't think the XL has face plates
I might get one eventually because they do seem very nice, but I'll hold off for quite a while I think, unless for some reason there's an exclusive game that I just have to get or something

Daddy

Quote from: Ryssä Sian Persereikä Runkkari on August 29, 2014, 05:36:48 PM
honestly you are btter off not buying a ds and then dont have to worry about not being physically able to play all the games in a year

ME##

great job at making the charging cradle 100% fucking useless, ninentendo

Hiro

what, that you can't play games while it's docked?

ME##

Quote from: y-i on August 29, 2014, 09:55:27 PM
what, that you can't play games while it's docked?
it would appear so

even if it's not closed like i'm assuming it is, playing games with the screen is awful, no matter how much the new tn panel is better than the old

bluaki

Quote from: y-i on August 29, 2014, 09:00:36 PM
I actually think the volume slider up top is better, it's symmetrical and it also means you won't accidentally change the volume as I've often done with my 3DS and DS Lite
I might get one eventually because they do seem very nice, but I'll hold off for quite a while I think, unless for some reason there's an exclusive game that I just have to get or something
My favorite volume control so far is the one DSi had: just +/- buttons. It doesn't slide around accidentally, it's easier to adjust by one volume unit at a time, it feels less fragile, and it can control brightness too.

It seems that Nintendo's design intention was to move everything away from the sides of the system; that's why they moved the volume control, shrunk the stylus holder to vertical holder, removed the wireless switch, and switched to a behind-plate microSD slot. Although it makes sense that they'd do this to improve the faceplates, I don't like it.

I've never wanted to play a system while docked. The docks have never been a good stand for playing off of (it's not tilted toward you like the Uprising stand is), so just holding the system feels better. I think this vertical docking is better for desk space.

ME##

IMHO, the PSP has the best volume control.  Not only is it +/- buttons, but it also clearly shows you how loud your system will be on the display. 

Hiro

Quote from: bluaki on August 30, 2014, 10:48:51 AM
Quote from: y-i on August 29, 2014, 09:00:36 PM
My favorite volume control so far is the one DSi had: just +/- buttons. It doesn't slide around accidentally, it's easier to adjust by one volume unit at a time, it feels less fragile, and it can control brightness too.

It seems that Nintendo's design intention was to move everything away from the sides of the system; that's why they moved the volume control, shrunk the stylus holder to vertical holder, removed the wireless switch, and switched to a behind-plate microSD slot. Although it makes sense that they'd do this to improve the faceplates, I don't like it.

I've never wanted to play a system while docked. The docks have never been a good stand for playing off of (it's not tilted toward you like the Uprising stand is), so just holding the system feels better. I think this vertical docking is better for desk space.
yeah I can get behind all that. I do like the faceplates though, but having everything on the bottom edge looks very odd to me, especially the power button.
But yeah if I do get one of these I think i'll get the regular-sized 3DS and that dock would be nice to have

Go Up