July 01, 2024, 02:22:37 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Vita Slim & Vita TV

Started by Hiro, September 08, 2013, 11:53:17 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

ME##

also i love the polygon comment thread on the article about this redesigned viter.  there's a guy who literally kept spewing that oled screens were just led-backlit lcds in at least six comments.  even though people kept correcting him every time lol

Classic

Sony's trying to compete against handheld ugliness with Nintendo's 2DS.

Kalahari Inkantation

depending on the degree of compatibility between the vita tv and games built for the vita, i might honestly buy a vita tv awdood;

Snowy

I love you the Vita TV sounds. I might actually get one because it'd be nice to play P4G on a TV. sillydood;

I wonder if they'll make a way to wire it to a PS3 via USB/??? so that you can boot the PS3 and then go into the Vita TV unit and play things without having to use a separate connection.

Quote from: Snack Dad on September 09, 2013, 11:11:47 AM
those two look awful, but this one looks p. good:

the blue, yellow, and red colors look nice too
I fucking love God Eater

but that camo is awful

ME##

Quote from: #rektron on September 09, 2013, 03:31:55 PM
depending on the degree of compatibility between the vita tv and games built for the vita, i might honestly buy a vita tv awdood;
that is true. how would tearaway work on vita tv?  even with a dualshock 4, that only accounts for one touch surface, and there's still no camera.

Kalahari Inkantation

September 09, 2013, 04:18:34 PM #21 Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 08:29:08 PM by #rektron
i guess games like tearaway that incorporate touch controls or camera functionality on such a fundamental level are going to be completely incompatible with it

but what about those games like uncharted that tacked on cheap and wholly unnecessary touch controls at the last minute, i wonder if sony and other publishers will release compatibility updates or if games from this point on will have to be designed with the vita tv in mind

ME##

Quote from: #rektron on September 09, 2013, 04:18:34 PM
i guess games like tearaway that incorporate touch controls or camera functionality on such a fundamental level are going to completely incompatible with it

but what about those games like uncharted that tacked on cheap and wholly unnecessary touch controls at the last minute, i wonder if sony and other publishers will release compatibility updates or if games from this point on will have to be designed with the vita tv in mind
i could see that uncharted game getting a patch.  i guess it depends on how dedicated other developers are to it though. 

i wonder how much sony would try to charge here though.  if it were $100 like it pretty much in japan, it'd make things fairly difficult.

Kalahari Inkantation

more images:

http://press-start.com.au/2013/09/09/sony-announce-thinner-lighter-vita/

it looks exactly identical to the current vita lol

i really like the pastel color theme though

Mando Pandango

Quote from: #rektron on September 09, 2013, 05:37:38 PM
more images:

http://press-start.com.au/2013/09/09/sony-announce-thinner-lighter-vita/

it looks exactly identical to the current vita lol

i really like the pastel color theme though
oh my god the periwinkle one looks so nice

JUST MAKE WITH THE GAMES SONY
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

seriously they're so cute

if only i had a reason to own one, especially now that the vita tv exists rofl

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I just got a PS vita at a university garage sale for sixty bucks.
It is a sixty buck Spelunky machine and it is awesome.

ME##

i wish the grey was more neutral.  it reminds me more of the gun metal grey ps3 and say the grey power brick of the wii

but the blue is ni ce

Kalahari Inkantation

i finally spotted a difference aside from thickness

[spoiler][/spoiler]

the new one seems a little rounder in the face

also the start / select / ps buttons are perfectly circular rather than elliptical

and the speakers are differently shaped

and the buttons / d pad no longer look like they're going through mitosis with the thumb sticks

ME##

i hope the ps button doesn't glow

Go Up